TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: player ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll start it as we got back home quick
Norris 7 did fine, just stop time wasting 
Raffs 8 very good we are so  much better when he and ogg both play
Oggs 8 would have been 9 except for the back pass that led to the red (whether deserved of not ot was a bad pass) 
Shocks 8
Newbie 8 I'll learn his name eventually
pack 9 wonderful pass for lane
The tiny one 8 
Lane 9 superb. and unlike Kamara can finish a fast break, would have been 10 except his ball in was poor in the first 5 minutes right in front of us.
Lang 9 fab
Bishop 7 would have been 8 s he played really well but missed the pen, which was very saveable. 
Speedy 8 quietly good then really good, get him on sprint training.

Raggs, 8 got his shirt back and did what he likes doing

Mouse 9. Made some tough calls and they all looked correct
Too much checking back from Rafferty in good attacking positions.
(03-02-2024, 06:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start it as we f=got back home quick
Oggs 8 would have been 9 except for the back pass that led to the red (whether deserved of not ot was a bad pass) 
Shocks 8
The tiny one 8 
Lane 9 superb. and unlike Kamara can finish a fast break, would have been 10 except his ball in was poor in the first 5 minutes right in front of us.
Lang 9 fab
Bishop 7 would have been 8 s he played really well but missed the pen, which was very saveable. 

Agree with most of that, but I have one disagreement and likewise with Neil Allan's ratings. Norris did nothing wrong today, made two excellent saves (admittedly that's what he's paid to do), much better distribution. Yet he gets the same score as Bishop who not only missed a penalty but never looked like scoring (which is what he's paid to do). Yes he ran well, but most of his flick-ons missed the player target. Help me out, am I missing something?
I’d minus another .5 from Bishop for being offside when it was still 0-0 and should have been able to legally score the opening goal. Luckily that opening goal came within 2 minutes later through Ogilvie
I'm happy to give Norris more.
I'm fed up with him and his time wasting, flopping etc so probably mark him down.
Norris played well I thought today and we are lucky to have keepers of his and Matt Macey’s calibre at the club. Norris isn’t a magician nobody could have stopped their consolation goal
Pack lost possession twice and we could have got hurt. Great passing but I’d have marked him down for that.

Lane back where he should be. Been ranting on about it long enough. Kamara had a lesson in wing play today.
I think I would have given the MOTM to Lowery. He was a 9 for me today and I rarely give those.

8s for Pack, Lane and Lang.

I would say 6s and 7s for the others.
Lang has looked like he has got the others to enjoy.it again.
Legend status awaits the scouser
Norris made two excellent saves
(03-02-2024, 06:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start it as we got back home quick
Shocks 8
The tiny one 8 
Lang 9 fab

Cannot disagree with any of that!

I really enjoyed the match.

Lane the obvious stand out but there were many good performances.

That pass to Lane from Pack was delicious!

Raggs did well when he came on. Mature, played the situation well.

All in all best performance since Bolton and top 3 for the season.
(03-02-2024, 06:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'll start it as we got back home quick
Shocks 8
The tiny one 8 
Lang 9 fab

Peart Harris
Mcintyre
Moxon
I agree with that except for Peart-Harris, I’d give him 6. He was our poorest player today . One footed , I’m still to be convinced otherwise.

The big difference today was having 3 out of our 4 first choice defenders playing.
Lang and Lane and Pack 9/10 for me
It is a shame for Bishop as he held the ball up really really well but hit that awful penalty and drifted doily offside before that. Norris made two decent stops and could do absolutely nothing about their goal. Hopefully Mcintyre isn't badly hurt, I did like our general play a lot more with him in the side although I can't fault Raggett after coming on.

We look so much better balanced with Rafferty back on the right side of defence and Lang looked even better when switched to the right. I think over the course of the season, Lang, Lane and Kamara will have to do shifts out on the left despite all being a bit better in the right.
(04-02-2024, 09:26 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It is a shame for Bishop as he held the ball up really really well but hit that awful penalty and drifted doily offside before that.  Norris made two decent stops and could do absolutely nothing about their goal. Hopefully Mcintyre isn't badly hurt, I did like our general play a lot more with him in the side although I can't fault Raggett after coming on.

We look so much better balanced with Rafferty back on the right side of defence and Lang looked even better when switched to the right. I think over the course of the season, Lang, Lane and Kamara will have to do shifts out on the left despite all being a bit better in the right.

with some help from Sparkes who deserves to play some of the time, if only for his set pieces, but not as left back unless Ogilivie is out.
(03-02-2024, 06:46 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think I would have given the MOTM to Lowery. He was a 9 for me today and I rarely give those.

I agree, but also to share with Lane,  He has so much pace.
I should also add a score of "entertainment"
and yesterday that was clearly 10
A game with absolutely everything include a controversial decision or two.
(04-02-2024, 12:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with that except for Peart-Harris, I’d give him 6. He was our poorest player today . One footed , I’m still to be convinced otherwise.

The big difference today was having 3 out of our 4 first choice defenders playing.
Lang and Lane and Pack 9/10 for me

I’m still going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He came in with a bang and then looked tired for the second match. He will now have an entire week to recover and he only played just over half a game. Still trying to get match fit, I would imagine.

A couple of good moves from him but the jury’s out.

I’m still not absolutely sure what his role is.
Nor is he! Too often he finds himself out on the touch line about three yards from a teammate
(03-02-2024, 06:26 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Too much checking back from Rafferty in good attacking positions.
You've noticed too.
(05-02-2024, 09:35 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 06:26 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Too much checking back from Rafferty in good attacking positions.
You've noticed too.

maybe that was part of allowing Og to raid forward, maybe the set up is that one goes up and the other stays a bit deeper?
(05-02-2024, 01:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 09:35 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
You've noticed too.

maybe that was part of allowing Og to raid forward, maybe the set up is that one goes up and the other stays a bit deeper?

No, you're just making excuses. When he first came to the club, he was really attacking. For most, or maybe all of this season, he has been doing this. He needs to get back to his previous approach.
Hammie wrote,

"I'm happy to give Norris more.
I'm fed up with him and his time wasting, flopping etc so probably mark him down".

I totally agree Hammie, you will witness I have mentioned this before.

It can only annoy the Ref , incentivise the opposition, and potentially cost us points.
One yellow for time-wasting followed by an inadvertent slip of the ball when placing it for a goal kick could/may result in the second yellow !
Is it really worth it ?
Totally agree. Hate seeing him do that
I’m getting bored with this sitting on the floor, while Mousinho talks tactics, bollocks.
Pages: 1 2