TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It’s now in our hands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nine points from the next three games will shape the season
 Will all the teams below us win all their games in hand?, I doubt it. That would put us in the position of just having to match their results.  It could all hinge on avoiding defeat against Peterborough and Derby .with Bolton favourites for top spot I'm quietly confident  despite saying all season that we've been in a false position. 
We have a squad of 19 with anjoni  on his way back makes 20. That should be enough for the rest of the season barring anymore injury disasters. White scully and saydee can be used on the bench if we're desperate
If you’d have said at the beginning of the season that Scully and Whyte for that matter would only be used in desperation, you would have been laughed at.
(09-02-2024, 11:23 AM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]Nine points from the next three games will shape the season
 Will all the teams below us win all their games in hand?, I doubt it. That would put us in the position of just having to match their results.  It could all hinge on avoiding defeat against Peterborough and Derby .with Bolton favourites for top spot I'm quietly confident  despite saying all season that we've been in a false position. 
We have a squad of 19 with anjoni  on his way back makes 20. That should be enough for the rest of the season barring anymore injury disasters. White scully and saydee can be used on the bench if we're desperate

9 points is essential. Swanson Stevenson and anjorin back soon too.

If we get 9 points from the next 3 games, I think we will scrape automatic promotion.

7 points from the next 3 games at a minimum.
(09-02-2024, 11:30 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]If you’d have said at the beginning of the season that Scully and Whyte for that matter would only be used in desperation, you would have been laughed at.

I'm as surprised and disappointed as anyone with those two but it's too late to now.  We need the tried and tested now to hopefully ' get us over the line
(09-02-2024, 11:30 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]If you’d have said at the beginning of the season that Scully and Whyte for that matter would only be used in desperation, you would have been laughed at.

That is for sure and for me that makes the contributions of Lane and, somewhat more erratically, Kamara, absolutely crucial and to be applauded. I know Kamara is not everyone’s cup of tea but I do appreciate his efforts at an early stage of his career.
Titchy, are you sure Swanson's due back soon? I thought his injury was also long term.
I thought that JM said Swanson and Stevenson would be back soon.
It's certainly difficult to keep track of.
My problem is that I keep confusing sparks and swanson. I must be getting old...
(09-02-2024, 02:41 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Titchy, are you sure Swanson's due back soon? I thought his injury was also long term.

Back in training next week
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ey-4510475
Pages: 1 2