TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Derby apart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things went our way today.
All of a sudden having ho win games in hand whilst carrying on with a full programme will find those teams out.
Points on the board.
Well done pompey
Bolton and Boro have easy games in midweek , on paper anyway
no easy games in this league, although today went very close indeed!
(03-02-2024, 08:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]no easy games in this league, although today went very close indeed!

That's true - I can't remember many less stressful games than that, just a total pleasure to watch. Even the sending off got cushioned within a few minutes.
I think back to a game under Jackett where we murdered Plymouth. I think that was the last time I thought we could basically piss about and win by 3 or 4. Today was a joy. Those days come along once or twice every couple of years and you have to drink them in and appreciate them when you get them.
(03-02-2024, 08:50 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think back to a game under Jackett where we murdered Plymouth. I think that was the last time I thought we could basically piss about and win by 3 or 4. Today was a joy. Those days come along once or twice every couple of years and you have to drink them in and appreciate them when you get them.

Agreed.

Right from the kick off we looked sharp and full of attacking ideas.....and for the first time this season (at home) we never looked under any pressure for the entire 90 (well, 100 minutes!)

Now on to bottom of the table, Carlisle....what could possibly to wrong?  Big Grin
Moxon could start and get sent of after 5 minutes!
Last time we played with the bottom side we got rogered but this time we'll be ready for 'em. No cock ups this time round.  Tongue
About time we legitimately hammered someone. Got to keep doing it now and play like champions.