TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bolton and Peterborough tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well that could have gone far worse
and not a lot better
Great that Peterborough lost. Bolton will have to fit that game in again somewhere down the line. Fixture crunch for them.
and a sending off for Peterborough is a handy little bonus.

When we look at games in hand, we always over estimate the opposition, pretty much.
That lot down the road have sneaked into the fifth round, drat.
Stevenage lose as well.
Between us derby and Bolton for top 2 then.
And Stevenage lost, in case you hadn't heard!
Beginning to think that this actually IS our year!
I was wrong about Peterborough, I now don't think they'll finish top 2.

Excellent side on their day but too inconsistent.

It will be between the top 3 as it stands  in my view.

Just keep adding those points Pompey.
Pro rata, we are on for 93 points and Bolton are on for 95 (assuming their fixture congestion doesn't run them out).

With those totals, last season Bolton would have finished 4th and ourselves 5th.

65% of the way through, we need to see this out.
What a lovely thread to read?

And we're all in agreement Big Grin
We need to keep in mind that last seasons points totals were exceptional, the norm is a 2 point average for the top two.
What was the Stevenage score?
We might not have to win any more games at this rate.
(06-02-2024, 10:12 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]That lot down the road have sneaked into the fifth round, drat.

Love the League One results last night but scummers look unbeatable at the moment. So now they face Liverpool at Anfield but I'm a little worried that the top four - and particularly Jurgen - will have all their guns trained on the title. Could this be their year to do a double?
Nice to see the online meltdowns aren’t just reserved for us. Peterborough mattresses awash with piss this morning. They haven’t mentioned relegation yet.
(06-02-2024, 10:12 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]That lot down the road have sneaked into the fifth round, drat.

Well let's hope there's no upset in the next round eh?
(07-02-2024, 04:55 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]We need to keep in mind that last seasons points totals were exceptional, the norm is a 2 point average for the top two.

My position on this is that occasionally the season is a write off because a strong championship team is relegated and pisses it - or a few teams come out of nowhere and are exceptional.

That's not the case this year and therefore it is a huge opportunity to get stage 2 of our recovery through the leagues delivered to the fans.
(07-02-2024, 05:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Love the League One results last night but scummers look unbeatable at the moment. So now they face Liverpool at Anfield but I'm a little worried that the top four - and particularly Jurgen - will have all their guns trained on the title. Could this be their year to do a double?

Scummers are a good championship side but no more. Same with Leicester and Leeds.

Highly unlikely scum will get past Liverpool.

There are a lot of good prem sides in the fa cup still, no championship side is getting close to winning it.

The prem sides will want to win the fa cup.
(07-02-2024, 05:34 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Scummers look unbeatable coz they have pl wages in a championship league. Makes things easier.

Like when Derby blew the chance to go top, this is like 3 points for pompey. It's a huge lift to know that the teams below you aren't necessarily going to overtake us. I think it leaves only Bolton who can overtake us on games, but even then they've lost this week preparing for a game that didn't happen. 

Getting out of the paint pot, whilst possibly upsetting our rhythm for a bit, has probably done us a huge favour. No mid week games has been such a bonus.

Just got to keep focus on gaining the 3 points game by game.
I don’t agree about the piss pot cup. It was an excellent chance for the rest of our squad to get game time. Can’t expect someone to come of the bench and perform to their best when they haven’t played for weeks.
Must admit that’s the the only positive I can see about that trophy. Otherwise it’s just too many more games in an already congested season.
I was sorting through some old snooze articles and found one from our great escape season 2006. League one table was interesting as with 2 games to go Southend were top with 78pts and 6th place had 68pts. Southend would struggle to make the play offs with that total this season.
IMO shows the 25 man squad rule in the PL has had the desired trickle down effect on quality down the pyramid
(07-02-2024, 04:55 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]We need to keep in mind that last seasons points totals were exceptional, the norm is a 2 point average for the top two.

(07-02-2024, 08:35 AM)scouse Wrote: [ -> ]

Well let's hope there's no upset in the next round eh?

Stuffing Watford 3-0 is hardly 'sneaking' into the next round.
Pages: 1 2 3