TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Devlin, Morrell and Mcintyre to miss the rest of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are some good free agents out there.

A market we need to dip into now.
5 Players out for the season must be some kind of record.

As for free agents, the last one we picked up was Josh Martin so be careful what you wish for. Can't see us doing it. We have cover in midfield and at CB if needed, but we are getting close to Arry's bare bones.
(07-02-2024, 03:06 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]5 Players out for the season must be some kind of record. 

As for free agents, the last one we picked up was Josh Martin so be careful what you wish for.  Can't see us doing it.  We have cover in midfield and at CB if needed, but we are getting close to Arry's bare bones.

Luckily there are only 15 games left. Hopefully we can get over the line.

I would still get some free agents in, there are some good players out there.

The likes of Lowery won't be able to play 3 times in 7 days.
“You look at every injury and how you can do things differently, with training and the player load, but it’s just down to bad luck.”

He's not kidding... bad luck? It's a fooking curse...
(07-02-2024, 03:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2024, 03:06 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]5 Players out for the season must be some kind of record. 

As for free agents, the last one we picked up was Josh Martin so be careful what you wish for.  Can't see us doing it.  We have cover in midfield and at CB if needed, but we are getting close to Arry's bare bones.

Lowery doesn't need to play every game now we've got Moxon.  

5 players out for the season must be some kind of record and if we get promotion despite that it will be a magnificient achievement and testament to the depth of the squad that Hughes & Mousinho have built

I make it that we currently have 22 fit players (but 3 of them keepers) and three more due back sometime from injury in Stevenson, Swanson & Anjorin.   It's not quite bare bones but we certainly woud not want to lose any more. 

As for dipping into the free agent market the only position we should consider that for is centre-back, but it's not absolutely crucial with Towler & Ogilvie as backup to the current two, but having a plan B in case of more injuires/suspensions would be sensible if there is someone good enough out there.
(07-02-2024, 03:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

5 players out for the season must be some kind of record and if we get promotion despite that it will be a magnificient achievement and testament to the depth of the squad that Hughes & Mousinho have built

I make it that we currently have 22 fit players (but 3 of them keepers) and three more due back sometime from injury in Stevenson, Swanson & Anjorin.   It's not quite bare bones but we certainly woud not want to lose any more. 

As for dipping into the free agent market the only position we should consider that for is centre-back, but it's not absolutely crucial with Towler & Ogilvie as backup to the current two, but having a plan B in case of more injuires/suspensions would be sensible if there is someone good enough out there.

Agreed. 

Swanson and Stevenson should be back by the end of the month, and Tino shortly after.

I'm sure the club are looking at the free agent market though.
Fook our luck. Going to mean everyone putting a shift in but we can still do it.
Red card has been overturned,still turned out to be a silly tackle
(07-02-2024, 03:59 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Red card has been overturned,still turned out to be a silly tackle

?
Was a great tackle, the "silly tackle" as you put it was by the Northampton player.
I imagine Ogilvie is cursing his under-hit pass.
Big 4/5 months for Towler in my opinion
Might just prove to be an even better "pulling together" of the squad - just like Wimbledon of the 70s when everyone hated them. All the more reason for us to get 100% behind the team instead of the usual morons complaining on here every week.
(07-02-2024, 03:59 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Red card has been overturned,still turned out to be a silly tackle

It was a great tackle, just bad luck that he broke his ankle.
Bearing in mind the terrible pass to him, it was a great tackle. The Northampton player arrived a tad late and turned it into a bad collision.
Let’s hope RH and the team can’t work there magic again for an experienced CB from the free agent Market.?
(07-02-2024, 04:56 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s hope RH and the team can’t work there magic again for an experienced CB from the free agent Market.?

Absolutely, it's imperative.

Maybe another midfielder too.
For me, losing the incredible workload of Morrell would be a game-changer for this season's outcome....except....Lang has injected an amazing boost of energy into this team and I think with Lowery in that deeper position, we'll be all right. 
Can someone up there (or down there) please put a protective shield around Marlon for the rest of the season?
Don't count Devlin as a loss, was a squaddie in my eyes.

Morrell is a blow but we can live with it so long as Lowery stays fit and carries on playing like Iniesta.

In defence we have Raggett. If he shits the best we have Towler and if it got really hairy we could change a few things around and play Pack in there... or dare I say the gaffer himself could get himself fit? Steve Claridge me right up.

I would rather we style it out as-is then go and sign another Josh Martin.
Its annoying but it is what it is.

We go on.
(07-02-2024, 03:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

If Lowery keeps playing like he did against Northampton, he has to play.
Lucky we bought in reinforcements, or very good planning.
We can't afford to lose another centre half now really. Og is far too valuable at left back and Towler has hardly player.
Centre mid is reasonably ok especially with Stevenson coming back as mentioned above and a very good new signing raring to go.
Devlin was handy but not essential.

Importantly, we have played more games than the opponents, so should not have too many very heavy weeks.

Glad to hear that Swanson is on his way back too. We are light at right back if Raffs is out.
Let's go for it and make sure we score more than we let in.
Up and at em
no sideways parking on Saturday last, and what fun it was!
We gotta hope pack doesn't get injured, without him in midfield,we are done for
(08-02-2024, 07:06 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]We gotta hope pack doesn't get injured, without him in midfield,we are done for

Don't tell the rest of the world, so they can hammer him. Dodgy
Pages: 1 2