TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Towler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’d like to see him given a run out Saturday. He is the natural left sided centre back also is far more comfortable on the ball than raggett.

With Ogilve back as well won’t be as exposed.
(08-02-2024, 04:46 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like to see him given a run out Saturday. He is the natural left sided centre back also is far more comfortable on the ball than raggett.

Difficult one this. Raggett has been Mr Reliable most of the time. Both have made the occasional howlers, but on balance I think Raggett gets the nod.
Raggett, no brainer
(08-02-2024, 05:13 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2024, 04:46 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like to see him given a run out Saturday. He is the natural left sided centre back also is far more comfortable on the ball than raggett.

Difficult one this. Raggett has been Mr Reliable most of the time. Both have made the occasional howlers, but on balance I think Raggett gets the nod.

Really? What’s he done wrong?
I feel a bit for Towler because he came in a year ago, a young and unknown signing and absolutely nailed it. We were thinking he was a shoe-in for that CB position before Poole was signed. Since then he has hardly had any game time due to our earlier exits from cup competitions and has understandably looked a little rusty when coming into the first team. 
We all know what he can do and I'm sure he will be pushing others for their places next season. 

For now, it's Raggett first but I'm sure he will not let us down if he needs to come in because of the quality of older heads around him.
I think originally Towler was earmarked for the left CB slot it just so happened that when Shaughnessy got a chance he’s playing the best football of his career.
Saturday should see Raggett back at right CB with Shaughnessy return to LCB slot.
No, Rags deserves to retain the shirt.
I thought this was going to be saying Towlers out for the season! Ffs no more injuries please!
Towler has looked the most rusty of the shadow squad, not his fault, but he badly needs some game time.