TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Blue cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Being rolled out to more leagues soon. Will be interesting to see if they work or not. Why not just make a yellow a sin bin? Not sure you need a whole new card. 

Most footballers will struggle to recognise more than 2 colours anyway  :D

Sauce: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68246971
I’d be in favour of that for goalkeepers who sit down in their area and demand the referee to allow them to chat to the trainer for a few minutes, without any treatment being given for an injury. It fucking winds me up!
what a stupid idea , firstly who decides what is a blue card offence, and will a club challenge this decision if they lose the game due to a player being blue carded?

barking mad and typical eufa rule introduced to ruin football
(09-02-2024, 12:13 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Being rolled out to more leagues soon. Will be interesting to see if they work or not. Why not just make a yellow a sin bin? Not sure you need a whole new card. 

Most footballers will struggle to recognise more than 2 colours anyway  Big Grin

I'm more interested in the plans they are possibly going to introduce whilst everybody is distracted by this nonsense.

Anything that is 50% controlled by fifa is dodgy.
Surprisingly it’s not a UEFA rule. It’s FIFA and the UEFA President don’t like it.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/blue-ca...2688c37a4d#

Probably won’t happen as Managers won’t want it as it cuts down the options to scum your way to a 1-0 win or win the euros on penalties like Italy.

Be interesting to see it trialled though - and see whether the planned criteria works or just creates more confusion.
(09-02-2024, 09:58 AM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly it’s not a UEFA rule. It’s FIFA and the UEFA President don’t like it.

Probably won’t happen as Managers won’t want it as it cuts down the options to scum your way to a 1-0 win or win the euros on penalties like Italy.

Be interesting to see it trialled though - and see whether the planned criteria works or just creates more confusion.

Something similar has been in use in some youth competitions for some time and it does give the ref more options which impact the offender and his team for offences which are not worth a yellow but need dealing with. Sin bin for 10 or 15 mins.

One I saw was in a district national final - team down 3-1 and striker scored to make it 3-2 with 5 mins left - goal disallowed for offside - striker moaned and complained like F%ck to referee - referee sin binned him and he missed rest of game - really impacted his team.

Sin Bin would stop GK time wasting as they are ok to take a booking for timewasting but sin bin last 10 mins is equivalent to sending off for time wasting......

if they brought it in for any non-violent bookable offence it may stamp out a lot of gamesmanship or poor discipline.
Norris would never finish a game!
(09-02-2024, 12:13 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Being rolled out to more leagues soon. Will be interesting to see if they work or not. Why not just make a yellow a sin bin? Not sure you need a whole new card. 

Most footballers will struggle to recognise more than 2 colours anyway  Big Grin

I agree.
If they have to make a sin bin, then make it the yellow.

If they have a blue one, then will that be a second offence, and a red for the third or bad tackle offence ?
It's bad enough that Refs are confused already
Game's gone
Referees don't even enforce the rules properly now.What chance have they got with another card?
What a load of bollocks.
Can we have some pink ones too?
And a shade of purple.
The auto red was bought in to stop professional fouls.
The players were coached to make sure they were not the last man, so taking one for the team destroys open play.
Perhaps the sin bin thing might reduce that particular branch of cheating.

As mentioned above it could stop the like of Norris openly cheating too.

Not sure if I am in favour or against as yet.
Someone wanted their name in the history books with this one.

They're not gonna get it.
There isn't anything football can learn from the egg-chasers.
I can't find the original thread about sinbins, so it was probably on a deleted forum, but there were some good points on the negatives.

Many teams with a player in the sinbin would probably just blanket defend until they were back up to full numbers, so spoiling and slowing down the game.

Negative teams could use the sinbin as a way of rotating players making defensive fouls, without fully losing them.

There was more but I can't remember. Neither can I remember if it was me who posted it.
‘There isn't anything football can learn from the egg-chasers’

Lack of time wasting?

Respect for the referee?

No cheating?

No prima donna acting as though they’ve been shot at the slightest touch.

Rugby bores me stupid but…….
(10-02-2024, 04:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]‘There isn't anything football can learn from the egg-chasers’

Lack of time wasting?

Respect for the referee?

No cheating?

The implementation of some or even all of those points would improve football as a spectacle that's for sure. As for rugby, my ex games teacher and rugby fanatic (and obviously a coont) told me it was the greatest sport in the world as everyone could play it - fat blokes in the scrum, tall blokes for the lineouts, athletic blokes at flanker, fast fuckers on the wing etc etc. I caught the last few minutes of the France Ireland match last week and now it seems you have to be a massive, muscle-bulging unit just to play on the wing. And WTF is all that faffing at the scrum about?
(10-02-2024, 07:22 AM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2024, 04:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]‘There isn't anything football can learn from the egg-chasers’

Lack of time wasting?

Respect for the referee?

No cheating?

The implementation of some or even all of those points would improve football as a spectacle that's for sure. As for rugby, my ex games teacher and rugby fanatic (and obviously a coont) told me it was the greatest sport in the world as everyone could play it - fat blokes in the scrum, tall blokes for the lineouts, athletic blokes at flanker, fast fuckers on the wing etc etc. I caught the last few minutes of the France Ireland match last week and now it seems you have to be a massive, muscle-bulging unit just to play on the wing. And WTF is all that faffing at the scrum about?
I’ve posed that question sooooo many times. Never got an answer.

What possible function does it serve?
(09-02-2024, 10:18 AM)Isley46 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2024, 09:58 AM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly it’s not a UEFA rule. It’s FIFA and the UEFA President don’t like it.

Something similar has been in use in some youth competitions for some time and it does give the ref more options which impact the offender and his team for offences which are not worth a yellow but need dealing with. Sin bin for 10 or 15 mins.

One I saw was in a district national final - team down 3-1 and striker scored to make it 3-2 with 5 mins left - goal disallowed for offside - striker moaned and complained like F%ck to referee - referee sin binned him and he missed rest of game - really impacted his team.

Sin Bin would stop GK time wasting as they are ok to take a booking for timewasting but sin bin last 10 mins is equivalent to sending off for time wasting......

if they brought it in for any non-violent bookable offence it may stamp out a lot of gamesmanship or poor discipline.

The thing is if you give out more cards to offset dissent then the ref is pummelled for booking too many people and sky sports has an orgasm discussing it. 

How about banning the practise of someone falling on the floor at the half way stage in a half which allows both teams to have coaching breaks? And what is the pont if the dug out lines if nobody stays in it?

Football is fecked the more you think of it. And the blame is entirely with this obsession with money. Its now infecting other sports like rugby, darts, f1, tennis etc.

Sometimes I think I should ditch the pompey St and get one at Portchester (until they eventually capitulate and give you get a plastic pitch)
The really stupid thing about the blue card proposal was that the offences they were aiming it at are and should remain red card offences, e.g. abusing the ref.  The example they showed on TV was Mitrovic at Man U last year when he verbally assaulted the ref and even laid hands on him -  why should that suddenly get a lesser punishment than a red ?  

If there is any room in the game for another type of card, and I'm not saying there should be, it has to be for offences that are mild yellows, e.g. timewasting.
they could also learn from rugby and allow the game to go on around physio on the pitch, they would get better a whole lot quicker, especially those sitting down for a drinks break