TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings Carlisle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris. Solid 8
Ogilvie. Good going forward 7.5
Shockers. Back on top. 8
Raggett. Solid. Probing balls forward. 8
Rafferty. A mixed bag but improved as the game went on. 7.5
Pack. His feet didn’t do what his brain told them to. 6.5
Lowery. Improved a bit but poor by his standards. 6.5
Lang. Largely anonymous. 6
MPH. Tried hard but that final touch….6
Bishop. Not on it with his passing. 6.5
Lane. Great goal. Should have had more. 6.5

Kamara. A great pass for the goal and then went missing up front. Good defensive work though. 8
Moxon. So close to getting it on target. 7
Sparkes. Worked hard when he came on. 7.5
Bishop closer 2 a 5 in my opinion. He needs to start trying to get in front of his defenders rather than just wait for the perfect pass.
I’m tempted to agree with you but he actually got into a couple of great positions and was ignored, particularly by Lane.
(10-02-2024, 05:24 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop closer 2 a 5 in my opinion. He needs to start trying to get in front of his defenders rather than just wait for the perfect pass.

Time for Yengi to start?
Given that Pack and Lowery had poor games, will Moxen start on Tuesday?
(10-02-2024, 05:27 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2024, 05:24 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop closer 2 a 5 in my opinion. He needs to start trying to get in front of his defenders rather than just wait for the perfect pass.

Time for Yengi to start?

I would have put him on today.

Problem was the inability of the entire midfield, to pass an easy ball.
Neil Allan gave Pack MOTM with an 8!
He put his foot in on many occasions breaking up attacks and put in some dangerous crosses and passes. Not one of his best games but still effective imo.
He was effective at stopping but he certainly wasn’t on top of his game. I thought 6.5 reflected his play. Not a bad score but he certainly wasn’t worth an 8.
(10-02-2024, 06:19 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He was effective at stopping but he certainly wasn’t on top of his game. I thought 6.5 reflected his play. Not a bad score but he certainly wasn’t worth an 8.

Bishop ran him myself into the ground leading the line and was absolutely knackered at the end. He put in a fantastic shift taking pressure off the whole team. So to give him such a low score displays a complete lack of knowledge of forward play. Similarly Pack held the midfield together and was excellent.

We should have won by more and I thought we lacked urgency in the first half.

We were much better in the second half and Kamara definitely made a difference. 

We look hard to beat but we need to improve the cutting edge, excellent goal but all the time it was only 1-0 we were not sure of the points.

PUP
(10-02-2024, 06:19 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He was effective at stopping but he certainly wasn’t on top of his game. I thought 6.5 reflected his play. Not a bad score but he certainly wasn’t worth an 8.

Lee Bradbury was waxing lyrical about his leadership skills on the pitch, and off it.
....and no new injuries as far as I can tell :-)
(10-02-2024, 05:28 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Given that Pack and Lowery had poor games, will Moxen start on Tuesday?

Well it’s not a ‘given’ is it?

Lowery was off his game but in what universe did Pack have a bad game?
(10-02-2024, 07:09 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2024, 05:28 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Given that Pack and Lowery had poor games, will Moxen start on Tuesday?

I'm responding to comments on this thread. You are of course free to contradict the initial comments.
(10-02-2024, 07:15 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2024, 07:09 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm responding to comments on this thread. You are of course free to contradict the initial comments.

So you didn’t see the game then?

Well I was there and I can assure you that Pack did not have a poor game.

Judging from sone of the comments, others are also commenting without having seen the match.

People are of course free to make whatever comments they like.
(10-02-2024, 06:55 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Bishop ran him myself into the ground leading the line and was absolutely knackered at the end. He put in a fantastic shift taking pressure off the whole team. So to give him such a low score displays a complete lack of knowledge of forward play. Similarly Pack held the midfield together and was excellent.

We look hard to beat but we need to improve the cutting edge, excellent goal but all the time it was only 1-0 we were not sure of the points.

PUP
John Marquis used to run himself into the ground too, but people in the end thought he was rubbish because he didn’t score enough goals presumably. Also he was part of an unsuccessful team which didn’t help either
(10-02-2024, 07:36 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2024, 06:55 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

PUP
John Marquis used to run himself into the ground too, but people in the end thought he was rubbish because he didn’t score enough goals presumably. Also he was part of an unsuccessful team which didn’t help either

Marquis never scored 37 goals every 80 appearances.

Bishop does that and runs himself into the ground every week leading the line on his own.
Lately the goals have dried up for Bishop though only scoring 3 in the last 10 matches (2 of them were penalties). I wonder when he’s going to rediscover his scoring boots or at least find his magic hat. He didn’t even have a single shot on goal today against the side that’s bottom of League One. Marquis got sold for shit like that
(10-02-2024, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Lee Bradbury was waxing lyrical about his leadership skills on the pitch, and off it.

Rightly so. He was responsible for keeping a lid on things towards the end of the game. His leadership skills have been fantastic this season.
Pack had a very good game (as usual). Paddy Lane I'd give a 7.5 or 8. Was dangerous and looked even more dangerous when Kamara came on.

Kamara was (once again) the difference today. Sliced them open with a beauty of a pass. 
We could/should have won 3-0 today. It was pretty comfortable as far as 1-0's go.