TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you look at the Carlisle goal Bishops run created the space for Lane to run into to score the goal, Bishop is very hard working and often his presence creates space for others to benefit, I would keep the faith and stick with him with Yengi as an able back up.
Yengi looks able to create his own goal scoring chances... And also offers more of a threat with his pace in behind.

I would prefer to play against Bishop, everything he does is in front of you!.

If he plays vs Bolton and up against Santos, I think Bolton will be over the moon!.

I can't think of anything he looks better then Yengi at..... All the talk was he was better at holding the ball up than him. I don't think that was the case when he was in the team!.

On Saturday for a few moments he looked like he had injured his ankle again..... I was looking forward to him being replaced.
(12-02-2024, 05:41 PM)essentialmix7 Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to play against Bishop, everything he does is in front of you!. 

Try telling that to the keepers he’s scored against.

It’s behind you!!  Big Grin
(12-02-2024, 06:15 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 05:41 PM)essentialmix7 Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to play against Bishop, everything he does is in front of you!. 

Try telling that to the keepers he’s scored against.

It’s behind you!!  Big Grin

As another penalty hits the back of the net!. Big Grin
He made one fantastic 35 yard first time flick to Lane. He’s not the be all and end all but he’s done pretty well for a season and two thirds.
(12-02-2024, 06:20 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He made one fantastic 35 yard first time flick to Lane. He’s not the be all and end all but he’s done pretty well for a season and two thirds.

It was a class flick, in the first half. 

But we need far more then he offers us as a Centre-forward.
Maybe Bishop isn't Championship class, we'll find out when we get there. But he's damn good at this level.
Wasn't it Colby who sent in the excellent low cross from the right that should've given us a 2nd (eventually went over the bar, close range)? I'm pretty sure it was, and I'd check, but I don't want to.
playing on your own up front is very very difficult. Only him and Pitman have made anything of it apart apart from the tall one for a short while
(12-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]playing on your own up front is very very difficult. Only him and Pitman have made anything of it apart from the tall one for a short while
It may be that he actually does better in the Championship - better quality of crosses into him, and hopefully he would get more protection from referees who in Div 1 seem to think it is perfectly OK to climb all over a centre forward and/or put their arms right round him. I hope we get to find out.
The Team has definitely posed more of a threat with PH & Lang.
Colby, has been ploughing a lonely furrow up there on his own in a lot of games. 
Hopefully, they can get the ball into him quicker in the areas that get the best out of him.
He also played one fantastic ball to Lane Saturday and worked hard for the team.
We aren't getting the best from him, imho.
From what I've seen I'm not sure Peart-Harris is all he's cracked up to be.
Had a great debut but quiet since then. Looks a bit slow to me although obviously skilful.
(12-02-2024, 09:32 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]playing on your own up front is very very difficult. Only him and Pitman have made anything of it apart from the tall one for a short while
It may be that he actually does better in the Championship - better quality of crosses into him, and hopefully he would get more protection from referees who in Div 1 seem to think it is perfectly OK to climb all over a centre forward and/or put their arms right round him. I hope we get to find out.
Assuming he gets better quality crossers of the ball.
(12-02-2024, 09:55 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've seen I'm not sure Peart-Harris is all he's cracked up to be.

I’ve saying that since his debut, I’m not sure a wide position is his best position but Lang has to be our first choice No10.
Colby BISHOP brace tonight - it is written !
Colby is s cracking player who thrives in a confident team that gives him service. But I think he's been played too many games and there has been chances to rest him that haven't been taken. Mixing it up a bit sometimes gets results especially if the opposition are expecting him to start. 

At least he seems to have calmed down over his persecution complex.
If he starts, he needs his song right from the get go, not only after he scores. Seems a shame to me that so few few players have their own song these days. Does not have to be anything amazing or new.
Feed the Bish and he will score.
Don’t bash the Bish
Bish bash bosh
Bashing yer bishop is inexpensive fun.
(13-02-2024, 04:48 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Bashing yer bishop is inexpensive fun.

not sure how much half a million works out per pop
Pages: 1 2