TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-02-2024, 06:20 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I’d like to see Sparkes get back to his best at those crosses he was firing in early on in the season.

For about his first 10 games in the team, he was creating 2/3 goal scoring chances per game.
(12-02-2024, 02:25 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 02:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Any player whose name I can both remember and spell.
On principal I might have to vote for Raggett and Kamara just to annoy those who need someone to boo every season.

More seriously probably Pack who has been a proper captain and has also attracted online criticism.

And I would bite Norwich's hand off to sign Kamara.

How much would you value him at?

very hard to say as so many transfers are undisclosed these days. 
750 plus sell ons, but probably a lot more.
It’s another big step up from L1 to the Championship which is why he was loaned out to us in the first place. I do think he’d make a good championship squad player atm and seems a better prospect than Peart-Harris
(13-02-2024, 12:39 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s another big step up from L1 to the Championship which is why he was loaned out to us in the first place. I do think he’d make a good championship squad player atm and seems a better prospect than Peart-Harris

I do wonder about the point of the u23 set ups. 
The players we have seen are not ready for first team football. The last (MPH) is clearly skillful but seems to be over coached in falling over rather than the rest of the game needed to compete at first team level. 
Our youth players of recent years seem to have to drop into non league to make the step up even to league 2. Prem and Champyouth get few chances to learn in the first team.
Maybe the whole system needs looking at to produce proper players rather than 5 A side experts?
(11-02-2024, 11:29 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Marlon Pack for me.  Shaughnessy runs him very close but Pack's leadership swings it for him IMO.  

The way I look at it could we have had the season we had / won promotion (delete as applicable when the time comes) without Pack, and I think the answer is no. Whereas for Shaughnessy we have other centre backs who have played well so we might have covered without him, like we have for Poole. 

Of course if Poole had stayed fit he would have been a strong contender, and maybe Robertson too ?

Yep, Pack for me so far.
Pack had another good game tonight.... Joint MOTM with Yengi for me.
I thought Pack was unplayable tonight. God knows I criticised him last season but this season…..
(13-02-2024, 10:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Pack was unplayable tonight. God knows I criticised him last season but this season…..

He really does run the game... And what a proud moment it will be, winning the league as a 'Pompey Lad'... Heart
For all of us!
I’m not sure I’ve noticed the ‘he’s one of our own’ chant. He bloody deserves it.
Paddy Lane for me. Goals, assists, 100% effort . What more do you want.
(13-02-2024, 10:45 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]For all of us!

His family being from the City and him being born here, and then being part of it's Triumphant history... Will be something else.
The serious contenders are Lane, Shaughnessy and Pack. You could make a good case for any of them.
Pages: 1 2