TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Kamara?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I’m more or less with you on this Cunni, although I feel he can be a very useful last 20/25 minute player. Also his defensive play has improved enormously since the start of the season.
(12-02-2024, 07:09 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 06:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]You really don’t read very carefully, do you? My views on Kamara are well documented in another thread dedicated to him.
Once again, for those whose comprehension skills aren’t so good….
I don’t dislike Kamara, I just look at what he actually achieves and judge him on that. His job is to either score goals or create them for other people. He’s actually not very good at either, is he? Do you realise, Sparkes actually has twice as many assists as Kamara and he’s a bloody defender!
It’s small wonder Bishop has had so little shooting practice of late. Lane can’t cross from the left and he has been kept from his favoured wing by a player who can’t cross and can’t pass a five yard ball without misdirecting it or bobbling it up in the air. Add to that his lamentable lack of composure in front of goal (4 missed one on ones in two games FFS!) and the reality states you in the face. He’s a player with tremendous ability on the ball but as soon as it leaves his feet, it goes haywire. He’s an upgrade on Dale of last season but is actually not much more effective.
Just my opinion, of course. I’ve seen so many people show admiration for him so I’ll turn it on it’s head and ask…….
What is he good at and justify your argument?

His pace and ability means he has for the most part two players marking him. This means he opens up play by creating space for others.

I know he has missed chances, but it's due to his pace and ability on the ball, that he has created these chances for himself..... Something that only Yengi and maybe Lang could do out of the other attacking players.

Actually a lot of the chances he has missed have been created for him by others, he is not very good at finishing them off and he needs to improve that side of his game.
reading about how they have worked on Lane' finishing, doubtless they are doing the same with Kamara. Confidence can be a huge part of finishing of course.
It certainly seems to have worked for Lane. That finish on Saturday was one of a player who had no doubts and believed he would score. Similarly the ones against Northampton. Get that same belief into Kamara and there will be one hell of a player.
(12-02-2024, 08:38 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly seems to have worked for Lane. That finish on Saturday was one of a player who had no doubts and believed he would score. Similarly the ones against Northampton. Get that same belief into Kamara and there will be one hell of a player.

Lane's ability to score across keepers at not-at-all-easy angles has provided a lot of important goals lately. Kamara maybe creates more than scores but the fact he comes on and does that is vital.
Football is about opinions, we won't always agree but we should respect them.  Wink

As for Kamara's age he turned 20 on the 27th July. 
Cunni is correct, but there's not a big difference from 19.   Big Grin
With his height and pace, he could be a hell of a number ten playing off of someone like Bishop, not there yet of course but we've seen a lot of failures in that position and he looks to have more attributes than most. Not least the fact that he never ever stops working and trying to improve.
I think that could be his best position, Hammie. It gives him more freedom to go left or right and that goal is going to look far wider (which it needs to be).
It could be his best position (10), but I prefer Lang there.
(13-02-2024, 11:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It could be his best position (10), but I prefer Lang there.

Nice to have what looks like three different players who could do a job here, as opposed to the none we've had for several seasons.
(13-02-2024, 11:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It could be his best position (10), but I prefer Lang there.

It’s nice to have a backup though and I agree with the idea that Kamara could be an impact player. 

Number ten has been our weakest position all season. Even Robbo couldn’t sort out the scoring side of his game.

There’s a debate. Was Robbo any better than Kamara?
(13-02-2024, 04:57 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s nice to have a backup though and I agree with the idea that Kamara could be an impact player. 

Number ten has been our weakest position all season. Even Robbo couldn’t sort out the scoring side of his game.

There’s a debate. Was Robbo any better than Kamara?

that lack of goals was indeed our weakest area, from all of the central mids. Solve that and our goal difference can match the other decent sides.
3-1 KAMARA! "He's Not any good" - Want to change your mind Cunni?
Excellent goal, Mikey. Made up for his lack of control from Norris’s pass.

Did you see it?
Take a bow Abu. What a scorcher!
(13-02-2024, 09:50 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent goal, Mikey. Made up for his lack of control from Norris’s pass.

Did you see it?

That ball wasn't easy to control!.... 

Tonight, a couple of times he had 3 players marking him!.
Not easy to control? What the wonder kid? No one near him.

His game today…..

He ran very fast, once.
He failed to control a brilliant ball from Norris, while under no immediate pressure.
He scored an absolute scorcher, with no defender near him to stop it. (A brilliant tackle from Paddy for an assist).
(13-02-2024, 10:20 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Not easy to control? What the wonder kid? No one near him.

His game today…..

He ran very fast, once.
He failed to control a brilliant ball from Norris, while under no immediate pressure.
He scored an absolute scorcher, with no defender near him to stop it. (A brilliant tackle from Paddy for an assist).

Your determination to give him as little credit as humanly possible is quite remarkable.
(13-02-2024, 09:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Bradbury really is clueless.

Did you even go to the game?.... Or did you listen to it?.

I am telling you from someone who see the incident live..... It was a hard ball to control.
He does have a knack of hitting well struck left footed shots near the centre of the goal whilst still leaving keepers no chance.
(13-02-2024, 10:26 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 09:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Bradbury really is clueless.

Did you even go to the game?.... Or did you listen to it?.

I am telling you from someone who see the incident live..... It was a hard ball to control.

Yeah, seen it twice. Atrocious. What a ball from Norris though, absolutely stunning. If that had been Pack, we’d be raving about it.

Kept watching that foul on Lane, over and over again. How the fuck he got away with a yellow, I will never know.

I missed the first eleven minutes. Anything happen?
Anyway if we are only going to judge Kamara on end product then the last two games have seen him produce a top draw game winning assist and then a scorching strike for a goal.
(13-02-2024, 10:41 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway if we are only going to judge Kamara on end product then the last two games have seen him produce a top draw game winning assist and then a scorching strike for a goal.

Which is the fairest assessment of all.
He played well tonight and scored a cracker, he’s improving as his confidence grows.
Brilliant goal, not only did it send everyone wild, the joy turned to great relief a few minutes later. Big Grin 

Well done Abu Kamara keep going son? PUP!!
Pages: 1 2 3