TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Cambridge Cock Up Counting Council (is now convened)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If that were the case then I would definitely bring on Kamara and Yengi later on.

Just to create chaos.
Weird.
(12-02-2024, 08:31 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]home win
1-0 or 5-0 as long as we win it doesn't matter

....ermm- I'd prefer 5-0
+1

We need to hammer teams.
(13-02-2024, 05:47 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 08:31 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]home win
1-0 or 5-0 as long as we win it doesn't matter

....ermm- I'd prefer 5-0

Met you half way. The Lowery injury is a bit of a dampener. He is one that probably should have been rested here, but then again Tom Lowery injuries can happen at any time sadly.
lowery is one we could not really afford, but probably expected. Perhaps Stevenson will return to be the hero of the run in, i suspect Swanson could also do a job in there next to pack
(13-02-2024, 09:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]lowery is one we could not really afford, but probably expected. Perhaps Stevenson will return to be the hero of the run in, i suspect Swanson could also do a job in there next to pack

Haven’t we bought Moxon, to cover that?

General opinion of him?
(13-02-2024, 09:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]lowery is one we could not really afford, but probably expected. Perhaps Stevenson will return to be the hero of the run in, i suspect Swanson could also do a job in there next to pack

Yes, we aren't quite out of options there just yet. Moxon has a chance to make it his own. Stevenson like you say is back soon and perhaps even MPH could go there if Lang plays at 10. It's just annoying it has worked out like that. We've got an absolutely stacked central midfield, but most of them are on the treatment table. You never know, maybe Lowery will be that rarest of things, a short term Pompey injury.
I did not see it, but it says no one near him when he pulled up, that usually means a bad one.
And yes we signed Moxon to do it, hope he is match fit, sounds like he is still finding his way.
Him pack and steveonson is a decent trio, if perhaps more defensive than with morrell or lowery keeping things ticking
It is quite astonishing really that even with all these injuries, we have the likes of Saydee, Scully and Whyte not making the bench. Saydee is arguably another who could have a go at CM and apparantly Josh Martin has dabbled there in the past.
(11-02-2024, 09:31 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I think this will be a draw. 1-1  or 2-2.

Cambridge are a good side and will frustrate us.

Aged well
(13-02-2024, 10:27 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It is quite astonishing really that even with all these injuries, we have the likes of Saydee, Scully and Whyte not making the bench. Saydee is arguably another who could have a go at CM and apparantly Josh Martin has dabbled there in the past.

Martin would be too lightweight, surely? I really haven’t seen anything from him but he certainly doesn’t strike me as a player with any aggression.
(13-02-2024, 10:55 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 10:27 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It is quite astonishing really that even with all these injuries, we have the likes of Saydee, Scully and Whyte not making the bench. Saydee is arguably another who could have a go at CM and apparantly Josh Martin has dabbled there in the past.

Martin would be too lightweight, surely? I really haven’t seen anything from him but he certainly doesn’t strike me as a player with any aggression.

Yes we would be talking desperate desperate times if Martin in the middle of the park was being seriously considered. The other nuclear option is Shaughnessy there with Tower at the back. I'd be very reluctant to move him away from CB though.
(12-02-2024, 05:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 02:20 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2024, 08:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]This really is another chance to turn the screw on those teams below us. It always harder trying to chase down the front runner. Let’s not make it easy for them.

3-0 Colby to get a brace.

Can we not use words like screw, hard, and cock up when Yak is still probably running amok in his kilt with a paintbrush! 

4-1 btw

Pessimist.

They won’t score.

Oh yes they will...

As it turns out I was an optimist, hey ho though happy days!
Pages: 1 2