TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Our front 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"But you are still stirring up anti-Bishop feelings by re-writing history"
Personally I would want to see a front four of yengi, Lang, Kamara and lane. I think most teams in this league would struggle to defend against that with the pace
(13-02-2024, 10:05 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 10:03 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 05:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]At last, it happened.
Kamara
P31
Gls. 4
Assists 2
Lane
P28
Gls. 9
Assists 4
And Lane has been played out of position, to accommodate him.
And he’s ours!
Who do you want on the right wing????

Kamara on the Right
Lang in the Middle..... What a engine that lads got.
Lane on the Left
And Yengi up top

Tonight confirmed it for me, that's our best front 4..... We looked so much more threatening with Yengi up front!.

Bishop, is nowhere near as good as Yengi.

If he doesn't start Saturday there's something wrong!.

Yengi, makes us more fluid. Just seems to be a better flow when we go forward. Love Bishop, but with him up front, at times on his own, we become a bit predictable.
(14-02-2024, 06:58 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2024, 06:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 11:45 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 11:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Self praise is no praise.
Yes he had a great game but needs to do it consistently. Hope he gets another run out on Saturday.

(13-02-2024, 11:40 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Dic
(13-02-2024, 11:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong

What a dickhead

Whatever mate

I don't understand why people have to make it into a yengi v bishop battle, with liking one meaning you have to dis the other. Lets enjoy having two very good centre forwards -  one proven, one promising: one experienced, one inexperienced: one with 33 league goals for Pompey , one with 4: one two years older than the other : one with great positional sense, great resilience but little pace, one with great energy and pace but not the same outlet for the way the team plays.   Two very good centre-forwards at this level with different attributes - let's celebrate having them both instead of campaigning against the one you don't like. 

Bishop's record for this club is outstanding and that makes him first choice at the moment and one of the best in his position on the division. Yengi is not far behind despite his lack of games. Pick the right player for the right games and we have two centre forwards that can win us the league.  I would expect both of them to play in every game irrespective of who starts.
I just want to win football games and when we had that wobble over the Christmas period after Bishop recovered from his injury and replaced Yengi who just did a number on Santos of Bolton who is the supposed best centre half in the division it cemented for me who our best striker is. With Yengi in the side in this division with players around him we have then I’m confident we will win. Bishop takes his place and it takes me back to the nightmare wobble we had around Christmas when it looked like yet again we were going to f it up as in previous years in this league. In that Christmas wobble we replaced a bloke who was doing everything required of him and physically battling with his opposite number to being replaced with a bloke just coming back from injury with less physical presence, less speed but obviously more of a reputation due to his past record. I find many of the failures of English sport are down to picking players who due to reputation are apparently good. It annoys me greatly, just pick the best team you can at the time and reputations be damned. Look at the ‘golden generation’ of English football, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard etc, they lost to effeing Iceland a country of 200,000 people v a country of what 60 million people, both teams obviously having football as their number one sport so no excuses there. But what I’m getting at is fuck reputations and previous achievements pick your best side. I couldn’t give a fuck if D’Allessandro Dreaming thinks I’m a dickhead, I just want Pompey promoted to the Championship and fair dues to John Mousinho for picking the starting line up he did against Cambridge. He seems to be a very intelligent manager who knows when he made a mistake and changed things accordingly. Alll I want is promotion, let’s be honest all we all want is promotion and then to be at least competitive next season if we achieve it
Remember, even if YOU decided to keep Yengi in, it would've been Bishop playing because Yengi was away with the socceroos who played him for just minutes whilst we lost him fo over a month.
(14-02-2024, 06:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 11:45 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 11:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Self praise is no praise.
Yes he had a great game but needs to do it consistently. Hope he gets another run out on Saturday.

(13-02-2024, 11:40 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Dic
(13-02-2024, 11:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong

What a dickhead

Whatever mate

I don't understand why people have to make it into a yengi v bishop battle, with liking one meaning you have to dis the other. Lets enjoy having two very good centre forwards -  one proven, one promising: one experienced, one inexperienced: one with 33 league goals for Pompey , one with 4: one two years older than the other : one with great positional sense, great resilience but little pace, one with great energy and pace but not the same outlet for the way the team plays.   Two very good centre-forwards at this level with different attributes - let's celebrate having them both instead of campaigning against the one you don't like. 

Bishop's record for this club is outstanding and that makes him first choice at the moment and one of the best in his position on the division. Yengi is not far behind despite his lack of games. Pick the right player for the right games and we have two centre forwards that can win us the league.  I would expect both of them to play in every game irrespective of who starts.

Well posted Deep
I don’t think it’s an either/or. Both have excellent qualities and I’m quite happy to see either of them play, depending on what works in any given game. I like the idea of giving defenders a headache trying to work out how to play them if one comes on for the other. I’ll trust Mousinho to get it right until we are not…….

Top of the league!!!!!
Yengi and Bishop are both quality players but in some ways yengi has the advantage because he gets a free hit every time he plays. Bishop has all the pressure. I think we've overplayed Bishop this season. Teams aren't stupid. They know exactly how to play Bishop- just cut out the crosses. Hence why the chances have dried up.

I still rate bishop and he's still contributing even if he's not scoring. Putting on him and lang on as subs was probably one of the strongest substitutions I've seen by us for years.

Last year we basically just had Bishop so it's great to have options and have teams guessing a bit more.
(15-02-2024, 09:42 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, even if YOU decided to keep Yengi in, it would've been Bishop playing because Yengi was away with the socceroos who played him for just minutes whilst we lost him fo over a month.
Well obviously if he’s unavailable or playing badly then Bishop should be starting but one thing I would like to add is Yengi played the full 90 minutes against Uzbekistan and featured as sub in other games so it was considerably more than a handful of minutes that he played. One of the players who was subbed on ahead of Yengi (who missed last couple of games)36 year old Bruno Fornaroli said he believes Yengi will be Australia’s main striker in the coming years so that’s good praise coming from an old pro

Here’s what Fornaroli said

“When the tournament finished I said to ‘Kus’ to ‘keep going’ and that he would be the No.9 of the national team in the future,”

“He has the power, he’s a smart guy, he works so hard, he listens to everyone, he’s always trying to learn and he’s very important for the future.”
Let’s play him ‘in the future’ then because he sounds like he’s going to be very good.
(16-02-2024, 05:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s play him ‘in the future’ then because he sounds like he’s going to be very good.

I agree but like I said just like any player if he starts to perform below the level required then we play someone else because football is an unforgiving game and if you don’t do well you get replaced. Especially in England where the standards are so high even in the lower leagues. If he tries his best as he currently doing he will do well. 13 games to go, I was born on Friday the 13th of March 1981, No bad luck , please, please, please let’s go up this season. I was at Wembley Stadium when we won the FA Cup so I can’t be too much of a bad luck jinx. Let’s make it happen and be a Championship club in 24/25
I would imagine that Bishop must be absolutely knackered and covered in bruises, so a rest seems a good plan to me. Actually both of them work very hard so rotating from time to time makes sense. Mouse has says that he likes to pick according to the opposition so that could also work.
Some of us, as online commentators, do tend to right off players once they have played 50 games or so. Then we come up against them for other sides playing well, or even in the league above.
(16-02-2024, 11:11 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I would imagine that Bishop must be absolutely knackered and covered in bruises, so a rest seems a good plan to me. Actually both of them work very hard so rotating from time to time makes sense. Mouse has says that he likes to pick according to the opposition so that could also work.
Some of us, as online commentators, do tend to right off players once they have played 50 games or so. Then we come up against them for other sides playing well, or even in the league above.

Fair enough Hammie, no matter who plays for us I just want us to win and this season I just want to go up
Pages: 1 2