TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings - Cambridge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris - 7 good distribution 
Rafferty -7 solid
Raggett - Ditto
Shocks- Ditto.
Ogilvie-7 Ditto
Pack -7 took charge
Lowery - 7 verging on 8 until injury 
Lane -  8 MOTM imo 100% effort- again
P-Harris - 6 more like Rolf Harris, was really a 5 only gave him 6 because of his goal.
Kamara - 7 great goal
Yengi 8 - proper penalty. 

Lang - 7 did more in 20mins than PH did in 70 ( except score Smile  )
All the other subs 6
Lane was fairly anonymous first half as he saw little of the ball but never gave up and had a good second half, got the assist for PH’s goal and also put in an excellent tackle to get another assist for Kamara’s goal.
That tackle was fantastic and gave Kamara plenty of time to have a crack at goal. That’s two superb goals by the two of them in two games. They’re feeding each other.
Yengi looked the part last night lead the line really well, the MOM was fully deserved
What a good headache for our manager now.  Good news for the squad for a change.

Thought Owen Moxon got better as the game went on.  Think we're going to need him for a few weeks.
Yeah, he looked really tentative. I wouldn’t say he quite reached ‘good’ but he improved.
For me Rags deserves a 7.5 or an 8, and Moxon grew into the game, and boy we will now need him big time, a good 7 for him.
(14-02-2024, 09:42 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]For me Rags deserves a 7.5 or an 8, and Moxon grew into the game, and boy we will now need him big time, a good 7 for him.

Moxon looked really nervous at first, but got better and better as the game went on. One thing I noticed was how many good headers he won in deep midfield,which is something you don't get from Lowery. 

Yengi was very bright and deserved a goal for his performance (and I don't see anyone criticising him for it being 'only a penalty' !) but I worry slightly that the team is set up to play to Bishop's strengths and Yengi's strengths are different. The result is we spent more time than ideal playing the ball across the back than we would have done if the ball up to Bishop had been available. 

I suspect though the injury to Lowery is going to be the most significant thing to come out of the game. To go the rest of the season without Pack or Moxon getting injured or suspended is highly unlikely so a plan B is needed. Recalling HJW from H&W is an option, or playing Shaughnessy or Ogilvie there might work. How long till Stevenson is back ?
As ever Moxon had been out for a while and needed a game to get match fit. He, probably, also wasn't up to speed on the playing styles of his team-mates. He should be ok on Saturday, he comes with a good pedigree.
(14-02-2024, 10:33 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2024, 09:42 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]For me Rags deserves a 7.5 or an 8, and Moxon grew into the game, and boy we will now need him big time, a good 7 for him.

Moxon looked really nervous at first, but got better and better as the game went on. One thing I noticed was how many good headers he won in deep midfield,which is something you don't get from Lowery. 

Yengi was very bright and deserved a goal for his performance (and I don't see anyone criticising him for it being 'only a penalty' !) but I worry slightly that the team is set up to play to Bishop's strengths and Yengi's strengths are different. The result is we spent more time than ideal playing the ball across the back than we would have done if the ball up to Bishop had been available. 

I suspect though the injury to Lowery is going to be the most significant thing to come out of the game. To go the rest of the season without Pack or Moxon getting injured or suspended is highly unlikely so a plan B is needed. Recalling HJW from H&W is an option, or playing Shaughnessy or Ogilvie there might work. How long till Stevenson is back ?

Stevo is supposed to be back imminently.
(14-02-2024, 01:23 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2024, 10:33 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Stevo is supposed to be back imminently.
I dont think Stevonson is the answer. He has hardly played a game and im struggling to remember him starting a league game. Hopefully Lowery is back sooner and its not a long term injury. Im guessing it will be Pack and one from Moxon Saydee or at a push Olgivie with Sparkes coming in at left back. I cant see us changing to 2 up front at this stage.