TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Raggettinho
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
There's a decent article on the Beeb about the legend that is Rags... linky
Love him. True professional
(15-02-2024, 12:45 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]There's a decent article on the Beeb about the legend that is Rags... linky

Good stuff.
(15-02-2024, 12:56 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 12:45 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]There's a decent article on the Beeb about the legend that is Rags... linky

Good stuff.

agree, he's a true professional.
Keep going Rags  Wink
He is the type of player every club needs , Like Aizelwood,De Zeewu, Gilbert etc, one that is consistently fit and works his socks off.
He may not be a virgil van dyke, but he gives his all and that's what we as pompey supporters demand as a minimum from Our players .
Good article. Doesn't mention that Raggs wasn't at fault for throwing away a 3-1 lead against a nine man team....
"I told you all we couldn't go up with him in defence. I said this from day one. He is awful".

Yeah. 227 games of awfulness!
(15-02-2024, 04:21 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"I told you all we couldn't go up with him in defence. I said this from day one. He is awful".

Yeah. 227 games of awfulness!

Totally disagree. Angry
It hasn't been 227 games of bliss either.

I remember the scummers used to come on here and accuse us of some Portsmyths. Raggett for England is one of them!
He is a limited footballer. He is (as he has shown this season) a great stand in and reliable in that role. He is not an automatic starter for me.
He does what he does very well indeed.
At times we have demanded that our defenders keep clean sheets and also score more goals than the strikers and pass better than the midfield.
At least now the front 3 are scoring enough goals.
The midfield three seem to have been exempted from the goal scoring bit.
(15-02-2024, 06:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He does what he does very well indeed.
At times we have demanded that our defenders keep clean sheets and also score more goals than the strikers and pass better than the midfield.
At least now the front  3 are scoring enough goals.
The midfield three seem to have been exempted from the goal scoring bit.

Excellent comments.
He has been a damned good servant of this club during his time here so far. Tries his hardest ever game, what more do some people want?
He has to be flawless, like Poole was (up until Poole got found out by Will Grigg).

Actually, I remember Poole making the odd error this season but not Raggett

Anyone remember a Raggett rickett?
Tuesday night

[Image: Screenshot-from-2024-02-15-21-26-40.png]
(15-02-2024, 08:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He has to be flawless, like Poole was (up until Poole got found out by Will Grigg).

So you expect him to win everything do you?

A defender in League 1?

He is a very good player but if he was that good he’d be a regular in the Prem.

Wtf do you expect, absolute perfection?
Just before the usual suspects piss their sheets I will clarify that Raggett has my appreciation and respect, but I am not having it for a second that he's the fucking messiah. He's dangerous in both boxes - we all know it!
(15-02-2024, 09:36 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Just before the usual suspects piss their sheets I will clarify that Raggett has my appreciation and respect, but I am not having it for a second that he's the fucking messiah. He's dangerous in both boxes - we all know it!

‘We all know it’.

Do we?

He makes the odd mistake and he gets beaten occasionally, tell me a League 1 defender who doesn’t. Most of them make more mistakes than he does and he is well thought of.

We don’t get Messiah’s at this level.

Who were you expecting, a reincarnation of Bobby Moore or Franz Beckenbauer?
Hahahahaha
(15-02-2024, 09:33 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 08:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He has to be flawless, like Poole was (up until Poole got found out by Will Grigg).

So you expect him to win everything do you?

A defender in League 1?

He is a very good player but if he was that good he’d be a regular in the Prem.

Wtf do you expect, absolute perfection?
Aimed at me?  Sad
(15-02-2024, 09:25 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Tuesday night

[Image: Screenshot-from-2024-02-15-21-26-40.png]
Chuckle. I could have guessed who.

Any more, S? I would think if anyone has a list, it’s you.
No list Cunni, no time. I am absolutely rushed off my feet running the campaign to drive Colby Bishop out of the club. The lad's history doesn't rewrite itself you know! I'm so here there and everywhere that even Vince Hillaire applauded.
He does perhaps deserve his own song for his efforts?
Probably not "you'll never beat the Raggett" though
Raggetinho,
Raggetinho,
Porque mi vida yo la prefiero vivir así
We’ve got Mousinho and Raggethino.

We’re top of the leaguio.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5