TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Absolute disgrace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
87 mins, Martin pulled out of a race to the ball with Mbengue. It was so blatant. What he is doing on the pitch I will never know!
(17-02-2024, 05:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]87 mins, Martin pulled out of a race to the ball with Mbengue. It was so blatant. What he is doing on the pitch I will never know!
and then got pointlessly booked with 90 secs to go. What a twat.
Saydee ran past him to show him what to do.
It was like watching Prosinecki but without the skill or cloud of Marlbrough smoke.
I'll take a wild guess and say you don't rate/like him  Wink
(17-02-2024, 05:47 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a wild guess and say you don't rate/like him  Wink

up to today he just looked very average not much good not much bad
Today he pulled out of  a challenge in the corner, watched Saydee run past him to put a tackle in.
Should lose his place for Whyte or Scully. Whyte looks poor but does create assists. Scully looked really exciting for a half against Exeter before getting injured.
Martin should be hounded out of the club for taking money under false pretences.

I’m sure if we were struggling at the foot of the table, he would be booed from every side of the pitch.

He’s not even good enough to be a last resort. I’m still unsure as to the reason he even got anywhere near to training with us. How the fuck did that happen??? As to signing him….Why??
Mou seems to rate him, must see something.
(17-02-2024, 05:35 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Saydee ran past him to show him what to do.
It was like watching Prosinecki but without the skill or cloud of Marlbrough smoke.

TBF full fat Marlboro were always part of my training regime, although they only made me skilled at coughing.  I reckon Martin has lost confidence, doesn’t know what else without football and so doesn’t want to be injured AND without a club. Fine, but do it somewhere else.
The reason Mousinho has given for having Martin in the squad over Scully or Whyte at various times is the idea that he's 'versatile'. Make of that what you will.

I know Pack was talking about how the players try and conserve themselves when the result is secured so I can see on that logic why Martin wasn't getting physically involved. Saydee is Saydee and only knows full commitment. I would say though that as a fringe player, Martin needs to make an impact and one way of doing that is to show commitment and make the most out of every second younger on pitch. Martin didn't do that.
(18-02-2024, 12:10 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]The reason Mousinho has given for having Martin in the squad over Scully or Whyte at various times is the idea that he's 'versatile'. Make of that what you will.

I know Pack was talking about how the players try and conserve themselves when the result is secured so I can see on that logic why Martin wasn't getting physically involved. Saydee is Saydee and only knows full commitment. I would say though that as a fringe player, Martin needs to make an impact and one way of doing that is to show commitment and make the most out of every second younger on pitch. Martin didn't do that.

Quite important to get the crowd on your side when you are making your way, he has been pretty lucky that the crowd pretty much tolerates and ignores him. Back down the years he could have expected a very loud reaction to his displays so far and especially today.
It was the worst incident like that since I saw a player (I forget who) run around Gerry Francis to make a tackle.

It’s a real ‘i couldn’t give a fuck’ to paying fans.
Game was won.

In this moment I think Martin was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Pull out, he's lazy.

Stay in and get injured, he's an idiot, game was won.