TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Goal difference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reckon if Bolton win their games in hand, then it'll be up to us to score a bagful of goals. Wink
We are on the right track - last four games: scored 12, conceeded 3.
(17-02-2024, 06:01 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon if Bolton win their games in hand, then it'll be up to us to score a bagful of goals. Wink

We have closed the goal difference gap considerably in the last few weeks. Can't see Bolton winning all 3 anyway.
Bolton seem to be struggling a bit
Whereas we have emerged from the doubtful run with some aplomb.
We really really need a run of no injuries though!
Derby look more of a threat at the mo.
Scored with 1 on target shot in 93rd min.
Bolton won't win their games in hand. Beat Derby at home,Bolton away, Champions.
Best in the league
But don't forget  " Peterborough, Bolton and Derby are better than us. I will bet you any amount you can afford, even if you can only afford 100 quid, that those 3 will finish higher than us. " 

So we've got no chance  Wink  
I'll settle for 1-0 but would love a statement win that demoralised the chasing pack further!
My biggest worry is if we end up having to play MP-H alongside Anjorin.
(28-02-2024, 10:11 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]But don't forget  " Peterborough, Bolton and Derby are better than us. I will bet you any amount you can afford, even if you can only afford 100 quid, that those 3 will finish higher than us. " 

You forgot:

"If you think we will finish above those 3 then you're stupid".
(28-02-2024, 10:53 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]My biggest worry is if we end up having to play MP-H alongside Anjorin.
Even JM wouldn't do that.
I took the bet on. Shame I didn’t accept the 5 thou offered. Still, if the bet is honoured then Cancer Research will receive 25 nicker, providing we finish above one of those three which is looking more and more likely.
(28-02-2024, 11:34 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2024, 10:53 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]My biggest worry is if we end up having to play MP-H alongside Anjorin.
Even JM wouldn't do that.

Why not ??  Chelsea did.
and where did it get them? Going by the game the other night against Liverpool, they ( Chelsea) could do with everyone they’ve got. Personally I don’t rate MP-H or Anjorin at all ( give me the attitude, work rate and skill of Robertson and Kamara any day).
(28-02-2024, 03:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]and where did it get them? Going by the game the other night against Liverpool, they ( Chelsea) could do with everyone they’ve got. Personally I don’t rate MP-H or Anjorin at all ( give me the attitude, work rate and skill of Robertson and Kamara any day).

I though Anjorin was starting to look pretty good until he got crocked - slow start, though, agreed.
Can you hear Ash sing noooo, noooo
(28-02-2024, 03:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]and where did it get them? Going by the game the other night against Liverpool, they ( Chelsea) could do with everyone they’ve got. Personally I don’t rate MP-H or Anjorin at all ( give me the attitude, work rate and skill of Robertson and Kamara any day).

I've no idea how Chelsea's U21 squad got on, but I do know MPH has said he would love to link up with Anjorin again. 
So I see no reason why they couldn't play together. 

Whether they are good enough to be needed to do so is another question and probably depends on how many more injuries we get. The attitude of both of them could be questioned so far, but I would say they both have some premiership qualities and if they got enthused and caught up in our promotion push they could both be useful in the run in.
I hope neither of them will be needed.
(28-02-2024, 11:26 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2024, 10:11 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]But don't forget  " Peterborough, Bolton and Derby are better than us. I will bet you any amount you can afford, even if you can only afford 100 quid, that those 3 will finish higher than us. " 

You forgot:

Has anyone else noticed how Titch has gone very quiet the last couple of weeks? He will probably only pipe up again next time we draw or lose.
(28-02-2024, 06:46 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-02-2024, 11:26 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

You forgot:

Has anyone else noticed how Titch has gone very quiet the last couple of weeks? He will probably only pipe up again next time we draw or lose.

Probably been too busy in meetings with his accountant about those seventeen £2000 bets.