TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: my ratings today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not done this for while so here goes ....

Norris 8 Two important saves in the first half when Reading were on top
Rafferty 7 Solid as ever 
Raggett 9  MOTM for me for that one saving tackle before half time 
Shaughnessy 8 Some superb interceptions, he has been back to his best since returned to the left 
Ogilvie 7 out of ten every week
Moxon 7 started nervously again but grew into the game again and had a very good 2nd half. Best contribution was stealing the ball from their quick free kick and sending Kamara off to set up Lang's goal (whcih essentially finished the game off).
Pack 8 I was worried when he got booked because we could not afford a red for him at the moment. Led the team superbly and his composure for his goal was superb. 
Kamara 9 Three assists says it all, and his turn and run to set up the second was outstanding. 
Bishop 9 Led the line very well and got his reward. Well on target for another 20 goal season. 
Lane 8 Took his goal well, but should have hit the target with another one soon after. 

Saydee 7 Did well at the only thing he is excellent at ... keeping the ball under pressure. A very sensible substitution by JM
Martin 5  One good turn but really I can't see the point of him
Whyte 5 Didn;t get into it, but didn't really need to
Yengi 6 Made his presence felt 

Overall I though we got away with it a bit today. A very poor opening half an hour against a very good looking Reading team, but they missed their chances. Then Wing's free kick hit the bar and bounced down just the right side of the line when a goal would have put them right back in it. But we took our chances well and that covered up any other failings for a change. How often have we had similar performances this season and not scores as many as we should ?
Raggett’s best game of the season. I thought between him and Kamara for MOM. Have to say I also am baffled by Martin’s presence. Very glad Reading failed to make the first 25 mins count.
agree with most bar MOM for me was Abu, he's a different class for this div, and won't be with Norwich or Pompey next season.
Although one can only hope.
(17-02-2024, 06:16 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]agree with most bar MOM for me was Abu, he's a different class for this div, won't be with us nor Norwich next season.
Although one can only hope.

I think the nessy won everything. The encouraging thing was there being so many candidates  for mom. The defence kept us in it first half and the others dud the rest in the second half.
My only gripe with your scores is that Lang doesn’t get a rating! May I give him a 9? I think he’s a great bit of January business.
The first 25 minutes were poor. Reading should have been ahead. However, by then Moxon and Lang had gotten up to speed and it was game over. Two good purchases.
The most pleasing result of the season for me, simply because Reading were so good then got steam rollered. Bolton equally good I guess.
For me Lang 8, Bishop 7, Saydee 6, and Kamara MOTM. Other than that I agree with Deep.
(17-02-2024, 06:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]For me Lang 8, Bishop 7, Saydee 6, and Kamara MOTM. Other than that I agree with Deep.

Bishop played well today. Was all for keeping Yengi in but I thought Bish played really well and deserved his goal. Hopefully it gives him a confidence boost.
(17-02-2024, 07:09 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2024, 06:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]For me Lang 8, Bishop 7, Saydee 6, and Kamara MOTM. Other than that I agree with Deep.

Bishop played well today. Was all for keeping Yengi in but I thought Bish played really well and deserved his goal. Hopefully it gives him a confidence boost.

I was really hoping we could give him a tap in at the end.
Having an attacking number ten with experience gives him three players to pick from who all like getting in the box at pace, looks a lot better for him and the team.
Saydee today - lol! That's the level the others around him are at now, doing that to him. They made him look like a competition winner enjoying their experience day win
He had three men on him most of the time, didn’t worry him and he won free kicks and made a couple of good passes.
(17-02-2024, 07:29 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He had three men on him most of the time, didn’t worry him and he won free kicks and made a couple of good passes.

and showed up Martin
(17-02-2024, 06:25 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]My only gripe with your scores is that Lang doesn’t get a rating! May I give him a 9? I think he’s a great bit of January business.

Whoops ... and I meant to give him an 8
Nice ratings.

For me it would be:

Norris: 7. Made some big saves but distribution was poor and gave the ball out straight to a Reading forward once.
Rafferty: 8.5. Excellent performance. Coming across and covering when necessary and generally battled hard all game.
Raggett: 8.5. Similar. Contested every ball and defended very well. Couple of big interceptions.
Shaughnessy: 9. Excellent performance. Not much got past him! Very very solid.
Ogilvie: 8.5. Again very good. Connects well with Kamara. Kept a cool head when under massive pressure first 20.
Moxon. 7. He was fairly anonymous first 20. Grew into the game and played well ultimately. Promising performace.
Pack: 8.5. Excellent Captains performance capped by a goal. Growing into the role. One wild backpass aside!
Kamara: 9.5. 3 assists. His little feint/turn for the second goal won us the game. Brilliant.
Bishop: 8. Won quite a few of the duels he had to contest. Link up play was good and got his goal!
Lane: 8. Struggled to get into things first 20 - being outmuscled and bullied a bit. Then scored! And didn't look back.

Subs:
Saydee. 7. Did well. Just the sort of player to bring on to face Reading's aggression. Reasonable going forward.
Martin & White. 6. Did okay at the end. Not much to say.
Yengi. 6. Did okay without wowing. Looked lively.

Mousinho. 7. Things weren't quite right first half but he said/did something to them and our pressing changed and Reading had a lot less time to think. Ultimately worked. Great result.

Ref: 6. Very card happy and a couple of bizarre advantages not given/given. He did allow our last goal though which a lot of refs would have bottled and said was a foul on the keeper.

Shout out to the lino running down the North Stand. Got almost every call right.

Happy days!
(17-02-2024, 07:39 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Nice ratings.

For me it would be:

Norris: 7. Made some big saves but distribution was poor and gave the ball out straight to a Reading forward once.
Rafferty: 8.5. Excellent performance. Coming across and covering when necessary and generally battled hard all game.
Raggett: 8.5. Similar. Contested every ball and defended very well. Couple of big interceptions.
Shaughnessy: 9. Excellent performance. Not much got past him! Very very solid.
Ogilvie: 8.5. Again very good. Connects well with Kamara. Kept a cool head when under massive pressure first 20.
Moxon. 7. He was fairly anonymous first 20. Grew into the game and played well ultimately. Promising performace.
Pack: 8.5. Excellent Captains performance capped by a goal. Growing into the role. One wild backpass aside!
Kamara: 9.5. 3 assists. His little feint/turn for the second goal won us the game. Brilliant.
Bishop: 8. Won quite a few of the duels he had to contest. Link up play was good and got his goal!
Lane: 8. Struggled to get into things first 20 - being outmuscled and bullied a bit. Then scored! And didn't look back.

Subs:
Saydee. 7. Did well. Just the sort of player to bring on to face Reading's aggression. Reasonable going forward.
Martin & White. 6. Did okay at the end. Not much to say.
Yengi. 6. Did okay without wowing. Looked lively.

Mousinho. 7. Things weren't quite right first half but he said/did something to them and our pressing changed and Reading had a lot less time to think. Ultimately worked. Great result.

Ref: 6. Very card happy and a couple of bizarre advantages not given/given. He did allow our last goal though which a lot of refs would have bottled and said was a foul on the keeper.

Shout out to the lino running down the North Stand. Got almost every call right.

Happy days!

Ogilvie connecting with Kamara ???
The only change I would make to Deeps ratings…. an extra .5 for Saydee. He occupied no less than four of their players at one point.

Near the end of a game, what better player to bring on, to see things out?
(17-02-2024, 09:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The only change I would make to Deeps ratings…. an extra .5 for Saydee. He occupied no less than four of their players at one point.

Near the end of a game, what better player to bring on, to see things out?

Made it had to leave him out next game (bench wise) if he gets left out after that he would be entitled to knock the managers door down and ask if Martin is a relative.
(17-02-2024, 06:10 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Not done this for while so here goes ....

Norris 8 Two important saves in the first half when Reading were on top
Rafferty 7 Solid as ever 
Raggett 9  MOTM for me for that one saving tackle before half time 
Shaughnessy 8 Some superb interceptions, he has been back to his best since returned to the left 
Ogilvie 7 out of ten every week
Moxon 7 started nervously again but grew into the game again and had a very good 2nd half. Best contribution was stealing the ball from their quick free kick and sending Kamara off to set up Lang's goal (whcih essentially finished the game off).
Pack 8 I was worried when he got booked because we could not afford a red for him at the moment. Led the team superbly and his composure for his goal was superb. 
Kamara 9 Three assists says it all, and his turn and run to set up the second was outstanding. 
Bishop 9 Led the line very well and got his reward. Well on target for another 20 goal season. 
Lane 8 Took his goal well, but should have hit the target with another one soon after. 

Saydee 7 Did well at the only thing he is excellent at ... keeping the ball under pressure. A very sensible substitution by JM
Martin 5  One good turn but really I can't see the point of him
Whyte 5 Didn;t get into it, but didn't really need to
Yengi 6 Made his presence felt 

Overall I though we got away with it a bit today. A very poor opening half an hour against a very good looking Reading team, but they missed their chances. Then Wing's free kick hit the bar and bounced down just the right side of the line when a goal would have put them right back in it. But we took our chances well and that covered up any other failings for a change. How often have we had similar performances this season and not scores as many as we should ?

Spot on
Im struggling to see how you can give Saydee the same marks as Rafferty/ Ogilvie and Moxon. Ridiculous, he was no more than a 6 . Other than a 15 sec flurry were he did his usual try and beat three players and stumble IMO he didn’t really offer much at all
(18-02-2024, 11:10 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Im struggling to see how you can give Saydee the same marks as Rafferty/ Ogilvie and Moxon. Ridiculous, he was no more than a 6 . Other than a 15 sec flurry were he did his usual try and beat three players and stumble IMO he didn’t really offer much at all

Ratings for substitutes are always difficult, mine in no way says he contributed as much as Rafferty/Ogilvie/Moxon only that those three did exactly what was expected of them in their roles as starters and Saydee did the same in his role as a substitute .. he was brought on to keep possession and he did that job effectively.  

I'm normally very critical of Saydee -  I was shocked when we signed him because he can't run, head or shoot but he can keep the ball and when that is the job you need doing he is as good as anyone else in the squad, and yesterday he was effective at doing that when he came on.
Fair enough but I still don’t think he deserves anything above 6 IMO. Still they are your ratings and we see different things.