TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: value for money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My ticket today felt like great value with both sides trying to win and Pompey looking like champions after the break.

But even more so 50K for Paddy Lane!
When he was put through, I felt totally confident that it was going to be the opening goal. Not felt that with a Pompey player for years.
Same with Lang's goal. I was celebrating the moment it left his boot
(17-02-2024, 06:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]My ticket today felt like great value with both sides trying to win and Pompey looking like champions after the break.

When he was put through, I felt totally confident that it was going to be the opening goal. Not felt that with a Pompey player for years.

Had exactly the same thought! How many times has he scored from roughly that same angle in recent games?
(17-02-2024, 08:51 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2024, 06:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]My ticket today felt like great value with both sides trying to win and Pompey looking like champions after the break.

Had exactly the same thought! How many times has he scored from roughly that same angle in recent games?

50k spent, he must be worth an awful lot more than that now

And yet some people still think he is better on the right ?
(17-02-2024, 09:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

And yet some people still think he is better on the right ?

That's mainly because that's where he has always said he feels the most comfortable. It looks to me like he is being coached to have confidence in playing on the left. If so it's certainly proving effective. The most exciting young player we have had on our books for years.
I’m one of those and still do. I think he’s doing a fantastic job on both so it’s win win. However, if it wasn’t currently for the in form Kamara I’m sure PL would be playing there .
It seems like they (Abu and Paddy) ‘get’ each other. Whether that’s coaching or something between them, I have no idea…but keep on keeping on please.
most pairs of wingers are able to swap sides during games, these two seem capable as and when needed.

Going to be hard for whoever comes in for Abu next season
I still see Lane as being better on the right wing. Lanes crosses are far more effective and numerous from that side.

As to them swapping sides, Lane certainly can. I’m not so convinced Kamara is so well able.

Whichever way it goes, they were both in sparkling form yesterday.
Weren't they just.
Get so excited when they have the ball
(18-02-2024, 05:59 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I still see Lane as being better on the right wing. Lanes crosses are far more effective and numerous from that side.

As to them swapping sides, Lane certainly can. I’m not so convinced Kamara is so well able.

Whichever way it goes, they were both in sparkling form yesterday.

I've always preferred left footed players on the left wing.  (except Preki)

Lane is genuinely very good on both wings, which is rare, but the facts show that he has scored far more goals this season when playing on the left than when playing on the right. That is one reason why I say he should be played on the left, the other is that he and Kamara should be our two wide men on form, and Lane is far better on the left than Kamara was, and Kamara is at least as good as Lane on the right - and on yesterdays form possibly better.