TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Josh Martin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He definitely hasn't shown that much promise so far but I have a feeling he will become an important player for us next season. He has good ball control,a quick turn of pace and wants to attack. Yes,I am watching the same player.
See the ‘Absolute Disgrace’ thread. He’s not interested!
I have read it.
If you want a hand getting your campaign started to drive him out of the club give me a shout Cunni. I've got loads of crayons and tokens for the library printer left over from my efforts to unsettle Colby Bishop and get him sold to a rival. Smaller task for you for though I fancy, barely any history to be rewritten!
(18-02-2024, 08:29 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]He definitely hasn't shown that much promise so far but I have a feeling he will become an important player for us next season. He has good ball control,a quick turn of pace and wants to attack. Yes,I am watching the same player.

His contract is only to the end of this season. Can't see him being offered another one.
I think he only gets played because JM is embarrassed that he signed him and is hoping he does something to part way justify the money he’s wasted. It’s the Tyler Walker situation all over again but cheaper.
(18-02-2024, 02:27 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I think he only gets played because JM is embarrassed that he signed him and is hoping he does something to part way justify the money he’s wasted. It’s the Tyler Walker situation all over again but cheaper.

I think he gets on the bench because JM is trying to spark some improvement in Whyte & Scully.  He gets brought on for 5 mins just to rest more important legs. 

Absoltuely no similarity with Tyler Walker - he was picked to start regularly.
Whyte or Scully could do what Martin does but a bloody sight better.

The fact that he gets on the pitch regularly, equates to the Walker situation in my mind. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.
At least Cowley had the excuse that Walker had a track record and undoubtedly hoped he would regain some form. Martin is a never was, he ain’t now and he never will be!
(18-02-2024, 05:08 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Whyte or Scully could do what Martin does but a bloody sight better.

The fact that he gets on the pitch regularly, equates to the Walker situation in my mind. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.
At least Cowley had the excuse that Walker had a track record and undoubtedly hoped he would regain some form. Martin is a never was, he ain’t now and he never will be!

"Never was" is a bit harsh ... he has played 5 games in the premiership and 9 in the championship, but I agree he doesn't look like he has much of a future with us. But neither do Whyte & Scully at the moment, so maybe Martin is getting the nod over them because of his attitude in training.
He should be judged by his attitude on the pitch. That was diabolical!
We've all seen players who were supposed to be good in training and were garbage in matches.
One of Harry's strengths was his ability to get good players to be good in matches even if he had to give them training days off to manage wear and tear or travel