TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Contract expires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are coming towards the end of the season fast, and we have a lot of key players contract due too expire.

Will Norris        Aug 12, 1993 (30)           Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Matt Macey      Sep 9, 1994 (29)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Ryan Schofield Dec 11, 1999 (24)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Toby Steward  Feb 12, 2005 (19)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024

Jack Sparkes    Sep 29, 2000 (23)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Connor Ogilvie Feb 14, 1996 (28)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Ryley Towler    May 6, 2002 (21)              Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Sean Raggett  Jan 25, 1994 (30)              Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Tom McIntyre  Nov 6, 1998 (25)               Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Regan Poole    Jun 18, 1998 (25)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Conor Shaughnessy  Jun 30, 1996 (27)     Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Joe Rafferty      Oct 6, 1993 (30)              Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024 
Zak Swanson    Sep 28, 2000 (23)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024

Paddy Lane      Feb 18, 2001 (23)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Josh Martin      Sep 9, 2001 (22)              Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Anthony Scully Apr 19, 1999 (24)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025 
Gavin Whyte    Jan 31, 1996 (28)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Ben Stevenson  Mar 23, 1997 (26)           Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Tom Lowery      Dec 31, 1997 (26)           Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Joe Morrell      Jan 3, 1997 (27)               Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024    1 Year option 
Marlon Pack    Mar 25, 1991 (32)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
Owen Moxon  Jan 17, 1998 (26)               Contract expires: Jun 30, 2027
Terry Devlin      Nov 6, 2003 (20)             Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Callum Lang    Sep 8, 1998 (25)               Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026
Christian Saydee  May 10, 2002 (21)         Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026

Colby Bishop    Nov 4, 1996 (27)              Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Kusini Yengi      Jan 15, 1999 (25)            Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025

I think the club should be trying to tight down  Pack, Morrell, Swanson, Rafferty, Raggett and Ogilvie on new Two year deals.

And Macey should be offered a new one year deal.

I would also be looking to extend the contracts of Shaughnessy and Yengi..... And maybe Poole depending on his return to action.
Nice one Mixy, good research
Toby Stewart the young goalkeeper who is on loan & by all reports doing well at Gosport should be offered another 2 yr deal.

Then get him out on loan to a Conference National League side as the No1 next season.
Those three are auditioning for the second goalkeeper's contract in my view.
Schofield and Martin i'm almost certain will be out the door. My gut feeling is that Raggett will depart as Poole (who I would like to see sign a one year extension) and Mcintyre both play in his position and he will be looking for absolutely guaranteed starts.

I think Macey will probably depart too for the same reason as Raggs. Steward could be the second keeper or we might get another one in. I would want extensions for Swanson, Pack, Ogilvie and Morrell. Rafferty is a player I really like but may struggle in the championship if we get there. I'd be happy enough to see him sign an extension though.

Gavin Whyte until 2026 looks daunting.
(18-02-2024, 01:35 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Schofield and Martin i'm almost certain will be out the door. My gut feeling is that Raggett will depart as Poole (who I would like to see sign a  one year extension) and Mcintyre both play in his position and he will be looking for absolutely guaranteed starts.

I think Macey will probably depart too for the same reason as Raggs. Steward could be the second keeper or we might get another one in. I would want extensions for Swanson, Pack, Ogilvie and Morrell. Rafferty is a player I really like but may struggle in the championship if we get there. I'd be happy enough to see him sign an extension though.

They need to keep Raggett, as this is an injury prone club. Is Whyte really not looking to go?
(18-02-2024, 02:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2024, 01:35 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Schofield and Martin i'm almost certain will be out the door. My gut feeling is that Raggett will depart as Poole (who I would like to see sign a  one year extension) and Mcintyre both play in his position and he will be looking for absolutely guaranteed starts.

They need to keep Raggett, as this is an injury prone club. Is Whyte really not looking to go?

I'd be fine with Raggett staying but to put it politely he is clearly a centre back the manager is grateful for having but that wouldn't be his first choice all things being equal. 

Whyte might well be looking to go but whether we can offload him without getting our pants pulled down is another matter (see Denver Hume).
If we get promoted I reckon the following will be transfer listed:
Schofield
Lowery
Stevenson
Whyte
Scully
Martin (contact expires at end of season anyway).
I also doubt it , but I would bin Saydee ( IMO he’s not championship standard).
(18-02-2024, 04:55 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd be fine with Raggett staying but to put it politely he is clearly a centre back the manager is grateful for having but that wouldn't be his first choice all things being equal. 

Whyte might well be looking to go but whether we can offload him without getting our pants pulled down is another matter (see Denver Hume).

Whyte was a freebie at the end of his contract with Cardiff, so we can't lose money on him like we did with Hume.
Hume didn’t cost much anyway iirc
(18-02-2024, 05:37 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Hume didn’t cost much anyway iirc

£200k was reported, so not insignificant.
(18-02-2024, 05:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Whyte was a freebie at the end of his contract with Cardiff, so we can't lose money on him like we did with Hume.
(18-02-2024, 05:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe a freebie, but he must be one of the highest paid players, whatever he's getting its too much
(18-02-2024, 05:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If we get promoted I reckon the following will be transfer listed:
Schofield
Lowery
Stevenson
Whyte
Scully
Martin (contact expires at end of season anyway).
I also doubt it , but I would bin Saydee ( IMO he’s not championship standard).

I agree with the above, apart from keeping a fit Lowey!...

But I would also look to sell Towler, Devlin and e DBishop
Devlin is going to come good.
Whyte might look to move north to suit his family, even back to Ireland.

Raggett could be a very popular free agent and get himself a very good pay day for moving, would be a great signing for most league one clubs.
On the other hand, there are plenty playing in the champ who we write off as fans. Particularly the centre half who we wrote off as useless but has got promoted and plays most weeks in the champ
I know I’m biased but I definitely wouldn’t sell Devlin, he’s got bags of potential. He’ll be worth a few bob in a couple of seasons of more football and development.
Devlin looks a very useful member of the squad with lots of attributes.
(18-02-2024, 11:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Devlin looks a very useful member of the squad with lots of attributes.

He's also a young player on the up, so I think we can see him develop.
Yes but can he do that in the league above?
Personally I reckon he has the potential to be a good championship player
I watched half an hour of Luton Man U. Couldn’t believe the number of times both teams kept giving the ball away. Pack keeps it better than most of them! Incredible to think that Luton had dropped out of the league not long ago. Fratton Park is looking a lot better than their old ground which only holds 11000
I hope I am proven wrong about Devlin, but I don't think he's Championship quality. He did okay filling in at right-back, but had probably the worst game from a player in a Pompey shirt I can remember Vs Wimbledon in a long time. He has age on his side and can't be on big money makes keeping him less of a problem.

Next season we are going to have a real dog fight too stay up. Just look at the squads of the teams in the Championship, and how so many teams that go up, come straight back down..... Depth, and quality players, will be what we need next season and it will be back against the wall every week.

Hopefully we can survive next season, and follow in the foot steps of the likes of Coventry, Plymouth, Sunderland and Hull and become a Championship main stay!.
If we go up I reckon Devlin will be a squad player next season or else sent on loan to a L1 club
I also think the majority of our players are championship standard plus if we do go up , we have an excellent chance of getting Robertson back.
IMO the following are championship ready:
Norris
Macey
Rafferty
Poole
McIntyre
Shaughnessy
Ogilvie
Pack
Morrell
Lane
Lang
Bishop

Championship potential
Yengi
Swanson
Devlin
maybe Towler.

I’d love Lowery to stay but it looks like he’s made of glass and I haven’t seen enough of Moxon to make a judgement. The rest can go as far as I’m concerned.
(19-02-2024, 05:40 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If we go up I reckon Devlin will be a squad player next season or else sent on loan to a L1 club

He needs game time and I don't think we will be able to offer that to him next season. The Championship is the best second tier league in the world.... Full of quality players and teams.
Pages: 1 2