TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Femi Azeez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A player that if we fail to sign Kamara in the summer.... Looks like he could definitely fill that void.

And also his contract is up in the summer.
Have to credit the recruitment team. How good have these Jan signings been? Fooking excellent. Packed with goals now and with so many players out, they still keep producing. 

Each window since Hughes has been here has seen us significantly improve the squad. I have total confidence that whichever league we are in next season, will see us step up the quality of player once again. 

More than that, we have a decent bit of stability too. Loans are supplementing the team, not forming the core spine. (Say sorry Danny cowley). Having our own players improving over multiple seasons shows what a silly myopic strategy we had previously. 

Even if we just got the injuries back in the summer, I'd put money on them being able to hold their own in the league above.  This is why I am not really nervous about getting promotion. There is so much to be optimistic about. 
1: If Derby & Bolton pull off a miracle and win a million games, fair play to them.
2: We playing better than both of them
3: If we ended up in the playoffs, it would be the other teams shitting themselves not wanting to play us, not the other way round.
4: in the very very unlikely event that we didn't go up, every window we get stronger. It really does feel like an inevitability now that we are on our way back.
Christ, is this a new Pedalo??? So much optimism, nice to see.
He looked a right handful in the first half for sure.
I don’t think all the signings ( since the beginning of the season) have been good.
Schofield
Whyte
Scully
Martin
Stevenson
And Saydee.
The most disappointing of those being our so called marque signings Shite and Scully
(18-02-2024, 05:26 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think all the signings ( since the beginning of the season) have been good.
Schofield
Whyte
Scully
Martin
Stevenson
And Saydee.
The most disappointing of those being our so called marque signings Shite and Scully

Schofield, Stevenson, Martin & Saydee were only signed as backup squad members and you need reserve players in a squad, but Whyte & Scully were definitely intended as first teamers. Injury did for Scully, and maybe still is. But Whyte has has lots of chances and just hasn't produced enough - I wonder if we will ever find out why as he clearly has not settled in the club.
I realise we need squad players but with the exception of Stevenson the rest are dire.
I mean Schofield, Martin and Saydee wtf!
This is the third tier ffs
(18-02-2024, 12:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Have to credit the recruitment team. How good have these Jan signings been? Fooking excellent. Packed with goals now and with so many players out, they still keep producing. 

Each window since Hughes has been here has seen us significantly improve the squad. I have total confidence that whichever league we are in next season, will see us step up the quality of player once again. 

More than that, we have a decent bit of stability too. Loans are supplementing the team, not forming the core spine. (Say sorry Danny cowley). Having our own players improving over multiple seasons shows what a silly myopic strategy we had previously. 

Even if we just got the injuries back in the summer, I'd put money on them being able to hold their own in the league above.  This is why I am not really nervous about getting promotion. There is so much to be optimistic about. 
1: If Derby & Bolton pull off a miracle and win a million games, fair play to them.
2: We playing better than both of them
3: If we ended up in the playoffs, it would be the other teams shitting themselves not wanting to play us, not the other way round.
4: in the very very unlikely event that we didn't go up, every window we get stronger. It really does feel like an inevitability now that we are on our way back.

There is a decent core of players that will adapt well to the Championship when we get there. The future is blue.
I agree but those players from what they’ve shown aren’t even that.I mean 3 of them don’t even make the squad. Whyte’s cameo yesterday was more to do with P-H’s injury than his abject performances.
Personally speaking I’ll still back and cheer them every time they pull on a Pompey shirt but they’re still dreadful.
As regards Saydee, he is only 21 and offers at least the right attitude unlike a certain 22 year old

Scully looked great at times before he go injured.

Whyte stands out as not wanting to be here.
As regards Saydee he’s ok for L1 but hopefully we won’t be there next season.
Saydee is one I would want to keep albeit maybe with a loan move next season.
Jury is still out on moxon
(19-02-2024, 07:31 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Jury is still out on moxon

I’d hope so too, given his amount of game time. Any less deliberation would risk a miscarriage of justice.
Not sure about Azeez.  Yeah, he's very quick, scored 6 with 6 assists in 33 games but apart from 20 mins Saturday was pretty much absent.  He doesn't have that match winning vibe for me.  

The very day we get promoted, Pompey should put in a good bid for Kamara 600k-800k and see where we're at.
(19-02-2024, 08:23 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about Azeez.  Yeah, he's very quick, scored 6 with 6 assists in 33 games but apart from 20 mins Saturday was pretty much absent.  He doesn't have that match winning vibe for me.  

The very day we get promoted, Pompey should put in a good bid for Kamara 600k-800k and see where we're at.

I suspect we would need to at least treble that, especially if Brentford & Leicester really are interested.
Let’s be honest if he’s good enough for the championship and can score goals, Norwich will keep him
(19-02-2024, 11:25 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2024, 08:23 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about Azeez.  Yeah, he's very quick, scored 6 with 6 assists in 33 games but apart from 20 mins Saturday was pretty much absent.  He doesn't have that match winning vibe for me.  

I suspect we would need to at least treble that, especially if Brentford & Leicester really are interested.

Fair point Deep.  There are lots of ifs and buts.
I guess, as a fan, that would be my hope.  Wink

Three games ago, he would have been a lot cheaper.
(19-02-2024, 05:21 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Three games ago, he would have been a lot cheaper.

Only on you're view mate!.... Should have gone to spec savers. Wink Big Grin
I would if i could find em