TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bogey teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The next 3 games involve teams we struggle to beat over recent years.
Charlton, Blackpool and Oxford.
Even this season, they’ve scored 8 goals against us.
We’ve collected 2 points from the 3 games.
Half the games after these three are against top 5 teams.
So it’s essential we turn the tide and start beating our bogey teams.
Do that, and promotion is nailed on
Charlton aren’t à bogey team for us at the Valley.
I'm not being negative but I don't see us winning any of the next 3 games. Blackpool away is a write off for sure.
Lol ………
(18-02-2024, 05:38 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Lol ………

Yes, it's kind of reassuring that we are now bound to win at Blackpool.
(18-02-2024, 05:19 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not being negative but I don't see us winning any of the next 3 games. Blackpool away is a write off for sure.
WAC, good try
(18-02-2024, 05:19 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not being negative but I don't see us winning any of the next 3 games. Blackpool away is a write off for sure.

God knows what you would call being negative

Change your game plan moosh. It’s become just too predictable.
So no win against the first Bogey team 
Our best chance of a Bogey team win is against Oxford
Then onto the third Bogey team, Blackpool, a probable loss.
After all, they slammed 4 goals in against Bolton today !
Bit more confidence, Blue View. We're toppa the league for a reason
(24-02-2024, 10:01 PM)BlueView Wrote: [ -> ]So no win against the first Bogey team 
Our best chance of a Bogey team win is against Oxford
Then onto the third Bogey team, Blackpool, a probable loss.
After all, they slammed 4 goals in against Bolton today !

Is that Titchfield twat your Dad. BTW the razor blades are in the bathroom cabinet above the sink.
Games against the top 7.

Barnsley away won
Derby away Draw
Posh Home won
Stevenage away draw
Stevenage home won
Oxford away draw
Bolton home won

15/21 points
Two of those draws were unlucky. 

No matter what you think about Charlton being our bogey team, their form has improved
Lincoln home 1-1 Bolton away 3-3 they're definitely on the up, good for us now. 

The most important game is our next one Wink
We’ve 11 games left. 22 points from those should hopefully be enough.
"No matter what you think about Charlton being our bogey team, their form has improved".

And they play Derby on Tuesday.
(25-02-2024, 10:37 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"No matter what you think about Charlton being our bogey team, their form has improved".

Indeed, Derby won't be relishing that game.  Let's hope they get some result.
(25-02-2024, 10:42 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2024, 10:37 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"No matter what you think about Charlton being our bogey team, their form has improved".

Indeed, Derby won't be relishing that game.  Let's hope they get some result.

Charlton were very poor yesterday and I would be surprised if Derby do not win comfortably.
Are they two and the same?
This year we are every other fookas bogey team, fook em.
(25-02-2024, 12:29 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]This year we are every other fookas bogey team, fook em.

Fucking right.

Oxford are not much of a bogey team at FP anyway.

I have every confidence that we will beat them because we are the better team  Big Grin .
I’m hoping for Charlton and Wigan wins on Tuesday
I've never regarded Oxford as a bogey team ... they have only beaten us once in 90 mins in the last 11 games we've played against them.   Too many draws admittedly, but we could equally be thought their bogey team if that counts.
(25-02-2024, 03:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I've never regarded Oxford as a bogey team ... they have only beaten us once in 90 mins in the last 11 games we've played against them.   Too many draws admittedly, but we could equally be thought their bogey team if that counts.

Put like that, you're clearly right.  it just feels that some of the defeats seem to me particularly memorable and painful. I'm thinking of the 4-2 loss away in our first game back in old Div 1, and 4-1 at home in our first game in League 2, under supporter ownership.  Some of the draws have been pretty painful too.
I reckon we'll beat Oxford & get a draw at Blackpool so 5 points from the 3 games.
Reckon the record for being a totally dominant bogey team is Pompey's against Everton. 13 wins on the trot in the old first division including several thrashings! I knew we'd beaten them by 5, 6 and 7 in the 1940s and 1950s but had to check on Pompey Rama for the details. Makes lovely reading from 1947 onwards:

Won 2-1 (H)
Won 3-0 (H)
Won 2-0 (A)
Won 4-0 (H)
Won 5-0 (A)
Won 7-0 (H)
Won 2-1 (A)
Won 5-1 (A)
Won 6-3 (H)
Won 5-0 (H)
Won 3-2 (A)
Won 1-0 (H)
Won 2-0 (A)

Even after that run we went 3 more games unbeaten against them!
Great stats to unearth. We could be playing them again with a bit of luck next season!
Pages: 1 2