TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Cheeky Charlton Chumps Challenge Champs Conversation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some are dreading it.

Our Fratton nemesis (some silly people are very superstitious) are definitely not so invulnerable at home. 

They’ve been the surprise strugglers this season but now they’ve got Scummer Jones in charge. He failed spectacularly at the trophy dodgers and it it would be quite fun to rub his nose in it on Saturday.

They scored three against the Bolton boys but still only drew. 

So, they can score but not defend and they’re playing the league leaders who can do both, very well.

A plucky 1-3 for them

Actually, I hope they survive comfortably. Don’t mind them.
you can guarantee scummer jones will have his team fired up against us , and will give us a stern test, these are the games we need to show our promotion pedegree PUP
They’ve never been in the bottom tier I believe. They’ll be fighting for their lives.
Huge game this.

Scrapping for their lives, confident against us, new manager bounce, scummer in charge.

We are fairly resilient though.

Going 2-1 Pompey but anything could happen.
I’m going 1-0 Pompey ( Lane) although I’d settle for a draw.
This one will be difficult. They will fancy it!

I would bite your hand off for a draw now to get this one over with.

Both teams to score but any result is possible.
They drew 3-3 with Bolton. I see them as a real threat to us this Saturday. They scored 3 goals away in Bolton in their last match, not many teams are capable of that. This is a massive test for us
We’ve scored 7 goals , let in 2 and got 6 points in the last 2 games. It’s a massive test for them and that prick Jones.
All the new players they’ve signed, playing away the fact they beat us last time they played us, drawing with Bolton away and scoring 3 goals Just saying all things considered and despited their lowly league position this will probably be a very tough game to win. If it turns out to be an easy win then I will be very happy but I’m expecting it to be a tough one
(19-02-2024, 01:14 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]All the new players they’ve signed, playing away the fact they beat us last time they played us, drawing with Bolton away and scoring 3 goals Just saying all things considered and despited their lowly league position this will probably be a very tough game to win. If it turns out to be an easy win then I will be very happy but I’m expecting it to be a tough one

They didn't beat us last time. It was 2-2 and that was only coz norris had an offday.
Not really sure that I understand all this fearful talk about Charlton. As has already been pointed out.. our “curse” is at Fratton Park.. not at The Valley. Charlton are just like any other bottom of the table team.. they'll be hard to beat at home but nothing to be fearful of.. even Blackett Taylor has moved on.. a constant menace in previous games. Their recent 3-3 draw at Bolton is probably more indicative of Bolton's recent poor form than anything Charlton bring to the table.

Thankfully the manager and players will be approaching this game just like any other of our recent away games… and just like any other we'll probably be good enough to win it. Have some faith! 1-2 Pompey.
(19-02-2024, 02:09 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2024, 01:14 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]All the new players they’ve signed, playing away the fact they beat us last time they played us, drawing with Bolton away and scoring 3 goals Just saying all things considered and despited their lowly league position this will probably be a very tough game to win. If it turns out to be an easy win then I will be very happy but I’m expecting it to be a tough one

They didn't beat us last time. It was 2-2 and that was only coz norris had an offday.

Ok so it was a draw but it felt like a loss. Their supporters were carrying on at the end of it like they won the FA Cup. Same with the Orient fans when they beat us at Fratton 0-3. These London clubs almost see us as a local derby or something similar
....in fairness to Orient they played us off the park and it WAS their FA Cup.
Just think we've got to respect every team, no matter what the off field shenanigans are and stats say.
Every team we beat get us closer, maintains that points gap and keeps the pressure on teams below us.  

Right at it from the start should see us get a result.  Bishop, Lang, Lane or Kamara to score.  2-0 take your pick?
I don’t think it’ll be easy at all and scummer Jones will have them battle ready, however, I do believe we start as favourites and I still sticking with a 1-0 win for us.
They will not be able to cope with Kamara, lang, lane, Bishop. That's a lot of danger to deal with. Then you have to remember that Pack is determined to get us up whether we like it or not. 

If we show up, Charlton will be getting a spanking.
Yeah, Pack will get the whip out for sure
I don't think Jones should get too much stick, he achieved getting the scummer c*nts down!.

We just need the c*nts to not get promoted..... Come on Leeds and Ipswich!.
Yeah, I wanna be playing them again!
(19-02-2024, 05:54 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I wanna be playing them again!

When we are beating the c*nts home and away next season.... Jones will become more of a popular person at Fratton Park!.
No……he won’t.
Nathan Jones is a difficult manager to judge. Things went very well for him at Luton, but he's been hopeless at Stoke and Southampton. Luton might just be a very well run club that made him look a better manager than he is. That said, Stoke are a basketcase and he got the Scummers job when they were at their weakest in years.
I'm amazed Charlton are near the bottom, because they have one of the strongest squads in the league. Sometimes a poor league position is down to poor management and unmotivated players.

With their squad, they should be near the top of the league. That cannot be denied. 

They played Bolton off the park at times Saturday.

We couldn't beat them at home with a stronger team available to us.

Charlton are a bogey side for us, and I think the likes of Aneke, May, Ladapo will prove too much for our defence.

I wouldn't be surprised if we score but can see a 3-1 defeat here.
How surprising. Wanna revise your bet with me? Petebro not looking good to finish above Pompey. If you pay now I'll let you off a fiver!
(20-02-2024, 10:27 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm amazed Charlton are near the bottom, because they have one of the strongest squads in the league. Sometimes a poor league position is down to poor management and unmotivated players.

With their squad, they should be near the top of the league. That cannot be denied. 

They played Bolton off the park at times Saturday.

We couldn't beat them at home with a stronger team available to us.

Charlton are a bogey side for us, and I think the likes of Aneke, May, Ladapo will prove too much for our defence.

I wouldn't be surprised if we score but can see a 3-1 defeat here.
3/10 more like. Must try harder.
Pages: 1 2