TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pompey have got a new Manager, Saturday and Paul Cook’s Ipswich are visiting, we’re going to win !

And I haven’t thought that for a long time !

But then I’m suddenly optimistic.

Any other reasons for feeling cheerful...or is one enough ?
I found a fiver on the floor in the car park yesterday evening, that cheered me up no end
It makes the next 3 months interesting. Before Kenny left, it was a foregone conclusion of mind numbing boredom.

There is a chance (a great opportunity) to prepare well for next season's campaign. Now kenny is gone, realistically it is a 2 year project to go up.
Just avoiding defeat would be an achievement right now but wins are what are needed.
(17-03-2021, 03:35 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey have got a new Manager, Saturday and Paul Cook’s Ipswich are visiting, we’re going to win !

And I haven’t thought that for a long time !

But then I’m suddenly optimistic.

Any other reasons for feeling cheerful...or is one enough ?

I agree totally Wight  Smile 

The mood has changed completely and we haven’t heard a word from Cowley, or seen one of his teams play for us. 

It’s like a light has gone on.
Maybe not a reason to be cheerful but I’m really hoping that, in a week or two, this Board will be full of positive posts praising Pompey’s style of play, that The Eisners will feel welcome again and we can get back to the serious business of getting to the playoffs - a monumental task but so was The Great Escape under ‘Arry.

The greatest shame is that a full house Fratton won’t be there to roar The Blues on.
Reasons to be cheerful part 1  = Jackett out. That's very easy and only soured by the fact i lost 5 pounds in a car park yesterday. No one picked it up by any chance?  Rolleyes
Haha Jezzer

Having reflected on some of the things that Jackett did (didnt do) that really wound me up was that it seemed like he had downed tools a long time ago. The whispers of players training for 90mins only, after getting absolutely spanked really got my blood boiling. It became really evident on the pitch that the players were lacking direction and no extra sessions were put on to remedy this.

I'm not talking about making them run around more in training, I'm talking about organisation, game plan, video review, individual responsibilities etc. None of that was being reinforced.

Getting to my point: Just having a younger manager with something to prove means that i know he will be doing his best to improve the team, irrespective of his style.
The Cowley brothers need to go into that dressing room and windmill the lot of them
(18-03-2021, 02:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The Cowley brothers need to go into that dressing room and windmill the lot of them

I like your style of management mush.
Blimey I agree with Bluetag on something.
Can't imagine Stendel doing that, he was on the receiving end from Barton (allegedly) and just blubbed about it rather than piling in.

Anyway, can someone lend Jezzer a fiver, he needs to be more careful with his money?