TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marlon Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazing to think that a year ago many were saying that Pack doesn't have what it takes to be a captain. This season he has really been our captain fantastic bot on and off the pitch. He bleeds Pompey of course and has a real hunger for us to be successful. I hope he is given a new contract at the end of the season possibly as a player/coach as I believe he has been taking coaching courses. Listening to the way he talks, he is clearly a thoughtful and intelligent player and his experience is obviously valuable to both the players but also I believe to Mousinho and his coaching team. I would love to se him remain at the club for years to come and work his way up the coaching staff. A possible manager in the future?
Time will tell.

The ones who crack it as a manager surprise you.

I always thought we would see Dejan as a manager. Never happened.

Never saw GON as a coach - pulling up trees at Wolves (proving me wrong in spades).
Gary O has actually made me look out for Wolves. Never really liked them before.

But yes to Pack. Definitely worth a contract and a ‘role’.
Watching Pompey live, it has been clear that he is coaching the younger players on the pitch. Sparkes was struggling defensively at times and Pack moved across to help him out. Both Pack and Og have helped Kamara positionally on the pitch.
(20-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Watching Pompey live, it has been clear that he is coaching the younger players on the pitch. Sparkes was struggling defensively at times and Pack moved across to help him out. Both Pack and Og have helped Kamara positionally on the pitch.
Where in the world are you Hammie?
(19-02-2024, 09:01 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing to think that a year ago many were saying that Pack doesn't have what it takes to be a captain. This season he has really been our captain fantastic bot on and off the pitch. He bleeds Pompey of course and has a real hunger for us to be successful. I hope he is given a new contract at the end of the season possibly as a player/coach as I believe he has been taking coaching courses. Listening to the way he talks, he is clearly a thoughtful and intelligent player and his experience is obviously valuable to both the players but also I believe to Mousinho and his coaching team. I would love to se him remain at the club for years to come and work his way up the coaching staff. A possible manager in the future?

Well said. I was one of those critics and at the time I believe I was right. One of his biggest fans, this season.
Listening to his interview, it struck me that he talks like a manager.
I remember the incident which sparked your anger. Pack had a right go at Reeco Hackett when we conceded a goal. Things much rosier this season. Let’s hope we get over the line.
There was a period when he would take out his frustrations on the guys around him - even on his own mistakes.

This season though its just clicked and he looks every bit a captain.

Seems to be loving it too!
(20-02-2024, 03:09 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Watching Pompey live, it has been clear that he is coaching the younger players on the pitch. Sparkes was struggling defensively at times and Pack moved across to help him out. Both Pack and Og have helped Kamara positionally on the pitch.

keh?
(20-02-2024, 09:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2024, 03:09 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

keh?
I think you mean "Que" ;-)
I was just curious, you often post early hours of the morning!
I can hear him snoring.
(21-02-2024, 05:12 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I can hear him snoring.

that was in the Oxford game
I am often awake late as Mrs Hammie works in the care sector and someone has to be out there putting people to bed, picking up the fallers or just helping people to die with dignity. When she finishes late, an ambulance is delayed etc etc I'm here waiting up and talking o you lot!

In the ancient Saxon Coponore
(21-02-2024, 08:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

I am often awake late as Mrs Hammie works in the care sector and someone has to be out there putting people to bed, picking up the fallers or just helping people to die with dignity. When she finishes late, an ambulance is delayed etc etc I'm here waiting up and talking o you lot!

Good on you and your wife :-)
(21-02-2024, 09:03 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-02-2024, 08:33 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Good on you and your wife :-)

She just wishes she was born a year or two earlier and could have retired at 60 rather than 66 and a half!
Cheers to Mrs Hammie. It matters and it's appreciated