TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Charlton game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this is the hardest away game we have left,  they have not won for a long time and we know scummer Jones is going to have them fired up to play us. It is going to be a right old battle and I hope we are going to be ready for it. We don't want any silly sending off so we must keep our composure. Do what we have done the last few games and impose ourself on the opposition from the kick off not start slow like we usually do in away games. To all those going to Charlton get behind the lads and scream your heads off !!! PUP ?
(22-02-2024, 09:35 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is the hardest away game we have left,  they have not won for a long time and we know scummer Jones is going to have them fired up to play us. It is going to be a right old battle and I hope we are going to be ready for it. We don't want any silly sending off so we must keep our composure. Do what we have done the last few games and impose ourself on the opposition from the kick off not start slow like we usually do in away games. To all those going to Charlton get behind the lads and scream your heads off !!! PUP ?

Matches at Charlton are always difficult, this one will be no different.

Charlton are playing quite well at the moment and went close to beating Bolton, ultimately drawing 3-3 with them.

We are top of the league and the better side, so if we play as we can we will win.

PUP
I wish I'd have a got a ticket! 3k going.

Is a big game.

They'll be up for it but we don't conceded many and have scored 12 in the past 4 matches.

I'd probably take a draw but let's go for it!

We are a better team than them.
Blackpool, Bolton and Peterborough away will be at least equally as tough.

With Ladapo, May, Aneke etc I think Charlton will be too strong for us on their home patch.

I think Charlton will win 3 1.

Their new boss looking for his first win, and Charlton looking for their first league win in 15 or something...we know what happens when Pompey are in town....
May was dropped for the last game.
(22-02-2024, 09:35 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is the hardest away game we have left,  they have not won for a long time and we know scummer Jones is going to have them fired up to play us. It is going to be a right old battle and I hope we are going to be ready for it. We don't want any silly sending off so we must keep our composure. Do what we have done the last few games and impose ourself on the opposition from the kick off not start slow like we usually do in away games. To all those going to Charlton get behind the lads and scream your heads off !!! PUP ?

I think Bolton away might be a tad harder
(22-02-2024, 10:53 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Blackpool, Bolton and Peterborough away will be at least equally as tough.

With Ladapo, May, Aneke etc I think Charlton will be too strong for us on their home patch.

Their new boss looking for his first win, and Charlton looking for their first league win in 15 or something...we know what happens when Pompey are in town....

Blimey.

You think we're going to drop points every game don't you?
I did Titchfield for my school project when I was about 9. Don't remember anything about it except doing brass rubbings in the church. Have you tried it Titchie?
(22-02-2024, 04:14 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]I did Titchfield for my school project when I was about 9. Don't remember anything about it except doing brass rubbings in the church. Have you tried it Titchie?

Of course!

Titchfield Abbey. Home of Henry Wriothesley, 3rd Earl of Southampton and alleged patron of Shake-Spear.

I did a day trip there when I was in primary school.
I went there about six months ago, its a little tiny thing - like a castle but in minature - is that why its called Titch? Overall impression, bit odd - but free, so not all bad.
(22-02-2024, 04:34 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2024, 04:14 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]I did Titchfield for my school project when I was about 9. Don't remember anything about it except doing brass rubbings in the church. Have you tried it Titchie?

Of course!

Titchfield Abbey. Home of Henry Wriothesley, 3rd Earl of Southampton and alleged patron of Shake-Spear.

I did a day trip there when I was in primary school.

An effigy of him was burned every year @ Titchfield Carnival. He blocked the canal & stopped trade coming & going. Very unpopular man back in the day-typical scummer in fact. Big Grin
Titchfield-also infamous as one of the ports that the Black Death came ashore @.
Nathan Jones with strange comments about our excellent fan base.

The same Nathan Jones who previously said

"One thing I will say, Portsmouth fans showed no class whatsoever, absolutely no class. That was an absolute disgrace. The kid's a young boy, he's a wonderful talent, he works hard every day and it's a bad injury and Portsmouth fans shows what they're about."

Did a great job for Scum in my opinion.
I hate Charlton away. Hate it.

But........

....having just seen the Tit's comments, I'm now filled with huge optimism!

Titchfield used to remind me of picking strawberries as a kid.

Now it reminds me of a total kunt.
Fishermen’s Rest just opposite is a bit shit btw.
Tichfield is on the frontline, bandit country. Many a good Pompey fan has come out of the locality.
(23-02-2024, 08:21 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Tichfield is on the frontline, bandit country. Many a good Pompey fan has come out of the locality.

Bandit country Big Grin 

Highwaymen everywhere!
...and then we signed the player in question who had absolutely no problem joining in laughing at Jones about it.

Nathan Jones - no one likes him and he very much does care.
Tbf to the gobby little taff scrag end he did a great job at Luton. God knows what's wrong with Stoke but nobody seems to be able to sort them out. He did come out with some strange old shite and made a bit of a schlong of himself at the scummers but was hounded out when they really should have got some back bone and stuck with him.
But hey ho here we are and it's game on. I'm going to be a bit of a pessimistic wuss on this one and go for a 1-1, although it may turn out to be a good point in the long run.
Yep...a key weekend for the top 3, each with difficult away fixtures.

Given our record against Charlton, any kinda win would be fantastic and would mean that even the most pessimistic amongst us would have to start believing! 

I reckon it could be Colby's day!!
well over due a headed goal from a corner shocks or raggie
(22-02-2024, 10:53 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Blackpool, Bolton and Peterborough away will be at least equally as tough.

Hope you didn't lump on big for the result...
(24-02-2024, 05:18 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope you didn't lump on big for the result...

Personally, I hope he did
Have to despair at the BBC report on our game. Quote: a draw which is of little use to either side. I would have thought it is a point which could be crucial to both teams.
(24-02-2024, 06:22 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Have to despair at the BBC report on our game. Quote: a draw which is of little use to either side. I would have thought it is a point which could be crucial to both teams.

Some woeful reporting on different sports by the Beeb in recent times. Their journalists often show a lack of knowledge, making bland sweeping statements and trotting out statistics to pad out the report. Poor grammar too, not what you’d expect from the BBC.
Pages: 1 2