TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Patience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been pretty vocal about not being particularly excited by the prospect of Cowley's brand of football.

However, I'm not going to be banging any 'Cowley out' drum until we see where we are at the end of the season. I dont expect him (or any manager) to have an immediate impact. It will likely take 5-10 games to start seeing what he is about and if there will be an improvement.

Let him get on with it and see where that takes us come the end of the season. Time to be positive and back the appointment.

Welcome to Pompey Mr Cowley.
(17-03-2021, 04:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I've been pretty vocal about not being particularly excited by the prospect of Cowley's brand of football.

However, I'm not going to be banging any 'Cowley out' drum until we see where we are at the end of the season. I dont expect him (or any manager) to have an immediate impact. It will likely take 5-10 games to start seeing what he is about and if there will be an improvement.

Let him get on with it and see where that takes us come the end of the season. Time to be positive and back the appointment.

Welcome to Pompey Mr Cowley.

Well said Pedalo.
All the time there is a debate to be had about a new manager it is perfectly acceptable to voice opinions. Once the deal is done, whoever becomes the manager of this proud old club, we need to give our usual support and backing.
I’m backing Cowley and happy to give him time, after all, it’s taken 3 or 4 years to get to where we are, Cowley should be given time to get us where we want to be.
Might even start watching ifollow again.
Don't always agree with Pedalo, but spot on this time. Even if he doesn't get us promoted, if he gets us playing more entertaining football and shows he can motivate the players we have and re-coach the likes of Marquis (or the players that need to feed him) then he gets my vote hands down. For the remainder of the season if we win say three more than we lose then we have a chance.
I'm 100% behind him & think we'll make the play offs!
Brilliant suggestion on another forum, new manager's first statement to the players should be: "See that netty thing between the big white sticks, see if you can hit that" ?
Hahaha... and that green stuff under your feet. The ball is allowed to touch it.
Hey, this management stuff is easy isnt it!
I can't see how 12 games is enough for anyone to turn our shower of shit around. Surely the rest of this season plus two more should have been the minimum. Otherwise what are they saying, come and be a caretaker? In which case how does that motivate the squad and how is that any better than promoting from within?