TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bolton game date changed for Sky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard a few rumours yesterday that the Bolton game is going to be changed to a Monday night for Sky, Will be fuming if it is.
Sincerely hope not though you can see why it might. Bloody disgrace not thinking of supporters again.
(25-02-2024, 12:55 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Sincerely hope not though you can see why it might. Bloody disgrace not thinking of supporters again.

Travelling supporters kicked in the teeth (and wallet) again.  Worse than that it could affect the outcome of the game given that a sizable away following can help the performance of the team. 

But it's handy for the stay at home fans cos they get to watch it, so SKY would no doubt argue that more supporters benefit than lose out.
I know they never think of the real fans who plan way ahead with time off work and travel arrangements, Hope rumours are wrong if its true they need to announce it ASAP not spring it 2 weeks before.
(25-02-2024, 01:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2024, 12:55 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Sincerely hope not though you can see why it might. Bloody disgrace not thinking of supporters again.

Travelling supporters kicked in the teeth (and wallet) again.  Worse than that it could affect the outcome of the game given that a sizable away following can help the performance of the team. 

But it's handy for the stay at home fans cos they get to watch it, so SKY would no doubt argue that more supporters benefit than lose out.

After the Charlton ticket debacle, the Bolton game is my only reasonable chance of an away game this season as we'll likely be given 3,000 plus. Anything around 2,000 and below I'm fecked because even though I'm at the 25 point level they'll be snapped by the multitude that have accrued the points. No criticism to them personally its just i have to wait for them to die off before i can go away again. Should've just bought paintbox cup tickets and binned them.

Anyway. I think the date is too close now to be moved and they'll probably have more interest in the championship chase than ours. We'll that's what I'm hoping for.
In the round agree Deep but don't think it will affect the away turnout this time. Could very well be us promoted on the night. Lots of phoning in sick on Tuesday!

Of course Sky would say that.

I think the people who actually go to games should be given priority, without them there would be no atmosphere and the game would lose out.

If a game is a sell out it’s different of course.

I really hate the TV revenue model of football, it leads to the loss of beloved clubs because they can’t compete with the TV money. it leads to the plasticisation of the game imo.

We’ll end up (in fact we are already halfway there) with a world where we become couch potatoes watching football from home and ordering in takeaways.

A load of lardarses in other words  Big Grin .

Televising games is one thing, changing the dates on a whim when people have arranged travel, hotels etc is quite another.

Fuck Sky I say.
One of the reasons I hated being in the Premiership. Keep football 3pm Saturdays.
Sky have just announced the live game schedule to the end of March.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...-off-times

Nothing for April yet.
How much notice is required? Just answering my own question. It appears to be 5 weeks "across the majority of the season" whatever that means.
I think we will receive allocation of 3000 which maybe raised to 5000 if demand is there, And how generous Bolton are, We will sell out if we need the points to go up.
Sky are showing Bolton v Oxford on 12th March so hopefully this reduces the likelihood that they also pick Bolton v Pompey! For a Saturday we should get 5,000 tickets - that's what Derby usually get there.

The Derby locals reckon Pompey v Derby will get switched for Sky coverage. I would expect one of the Bolton or Derby games to be switched but not both.
Might show the Pompey derby game on Easter Monday although scum are playing Ipswich same day and that’s a 6 pointer for autos/play offs at the moment.
(25-02-2024, 01:29 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course Sky would say that.

I think the people who actually go to games should be given priority, without them there would be no atmosphere and the game would lose out.

If a game is a sell out it’s different of course.

I really hate the TV revenue model of football, it leads to the loss of beloved clubs because they can’t compete with the TV money. it leads to the plasticisation of the game imo.

We’ll end up (in fact we are already halfway there) with a world where we become couch potatoes watching football from home and ordering in takeaways.

A load of lardarses in other words  Big Grin .

Televising games is one thing, changing the dates on a whim when people have arranged travel, hotels etc is quite another.

Fuck Sky I say.
As Alan Sugar said while in charge of Spurs. Might as well give the TV football away for free; the players just take it all anyway. (and agents of course)
(25-02-2024, 02:03 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]How much notice is required? Just answering my own question. It appears to be 5 weeks "across the majority of the season" whatever that means.

From memory there’s not much notice given at the business end of the season.
(25-02-2024, 02:34 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Sky are showing Bolton v Oxford on 12th March so hopefully this reduces the likelihood that they also pick Bolton v Pompey! For a Saturday we should get 5,000 tickets - that's what Derby usually get there.

The Derby locals reckon Pompey v Derby will get switched for Sky coverage. I would expect one of the Bolton or Derby games to be switched but not both.

That's one of the two switched by Sky. Hope they don't go and switch Bolton away!
wouldn't have sky if ti was given to me. Bar stewards
I've already booked train tickets for the Saturday.
Have a nice day out at canoe lake. No point in wasting them ?
Encouraging News!!

Bolton v Pompey WON'T be switched by Sky to a Monday night. Reason being that Bolton v Shrewsbury scheduled for the international weekend of 23rd March is off due to call-ups. This match has been rearranged for Tuesday 16th April.

Suppose the only risk now would be for Sky to move our game with Bolton to the night of Friday 12th.