TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scummers or Scousers tonight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Come you (Liverpool) Reds!
Liverpool to thrash the stripes obviously.
Despise both
(28-02-2024, 01:46 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Despise both

Me too.

One more than the other but it’s only a question of degree.
Come on you super Saìnts

I just wanted to see what it felt like to say it, I feel a little queasy now!
Is it possible for them both to lose? If not I'd go for a dour 0-0 with the scousers winning it in extra time via an own goal coming off Che Adams arse.

* didn't realise you can't say 'saìnts' on here, auto corrects to 'scummers'  Smile Smile
I do really like Klopp just a pity he’s with the bin dippers. Still, Liverpoo 6 Scum 0
I'd PMSL if they had another 9 - 0 drubbing.
I 4-1 would be right behind such a fine result, Cressers.
How many days has it been since the bin dippers nicked one of the scummer kids? Shop window tonight and 9 home goals
LFC forum suggests an ultra young team tonight !
The scummers are 4/1 to win tonight. If they put out their first team and Liverpool play the youth team those are cracking odds.  

But if Liverpool put out their strongest available team , no matter how weakened by injury, then them to win 4-1 is about 20/1 so a much more attractive bet.
Out of all the Premier “top 6”, or however many it is these days, I prefer Liverpool over any of the others. No reason to despise them as some seem to.
Interesting stat I just heard ref another FA Cup game tonight, Chelsea v Leeds. The 1970 final (or replay) between the two is remembered as one of the most brutal games in English football history. A modern referee watched it recently and said he'd have given 11 red cards. At the time, there was only one card shown, and it was yellow  Smile
I'm surprised we were using cards in 1970.
(28-02-2024, 08:31 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised we were using cards in 1970.

That's a good point. I heard it on Sky News tonight, but I've just looked it up and red and yellow cards were introduced in the 1970 Mexico World Cup, so a month or so later than that final. That player who got  booked, never saw a card,
It sums up the scummers' lack of ambition that they have out out a weakened side tonight when they had a great chance of beating Liverpool's reserves with just a few first teamers. What an opportunity to pass  up.
Trophy dodgers
Another year of failure, while we pile up the success.
As soon as I saw the team sheets I thought they're throwing this game
(28-02-2024, 01:46 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Despise both

That's a bit harsh...
(28-02-2024, 01:14 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]Liverpool to thrash the stripes obviously.

The scoreline underlined the difference between two leagues. Prem sides have finishers, who take their chances, while lower divisions fall short. This will be a lesson to Pompey, because if we do go up, we will need strikers who know where the net is. Else it is going to be hard. Someone like Sam Kerr, but hey she is injured !! Rolleyes Rolleyes
Bish is one off top scorer in the league (albeit with lots of penalties) and Lane has scored a hatful. Doing ok this season, remains to be seen in the Champ, if we make it!
Our young players will be another season on. More experience, stronger.

It’s how to replace the loan players that will be the challenge. That and replacing older players that might not be up to the pace of the championship.
(28-02-2024, 07:00 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Out of all the Premier “top 6”, or however many it is these days, I prefer Liverpool over any of the others. No reason to despise them as some seem to.

Couldn't agree more b_w. The only ones with any semblance of integrity on or off the pitch. And a fantastic team to watch, unlike for me, any of the other vile scum.
Liverpool have been fantastic to watch during Klopps time in charge and fair play to them. That lot down the road are comical beyond belief. Putting a weakened side out lol.
Pages: 1 2