TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Derby match on Sky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Derby on Easter Monday now moved to the Tuesday evening for Sky.

That's a lot of peoples' easter plans buggered.
Apologies for posting much the same.
Wasn't sure which thread to post on lol

Personally I'd prefer the match on the Tuesday rather than the first day of my working week.

Can understand why people are annoyed though if they can't alter their plans.

Upside is we win on Sky these days!
Shame for Derby fans. We'd be upset too.
(29-02-2024, 04:29 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Shame for Derby fans. We'd be upset too.

Only going to get worse if we do make it into the championship.

If sky says jump, we jump.

And with the third-world transport network we have in Portsmouth, it takes fecking ages to get home for home fans too.
Might be more availability in the Milton then?
Showing as a sell out on the ticketing site
(29-02-2024, 04:46 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Might be more availability in the Milton then?

Bloody Sky are a pain in the arse.

I feel really sorry for fans who have spent money and now can’t make it.

‘Bugger the fans’ must be Sky’s corporate motto ffs.

I agree with the comment about public transport in Pompey (and the rest of the South for that matter).

Time we got some money to ‘level up’ I’d say.
interesting on the Pompey email
Tickets and hospitality packages that have already been purchased remain valid for the new date.
If you've forked out hundreds for a bank holiday hospitality treat, do you lose the money if you cannot go on Tuesday night?
Got a ticket for a Derby mate of mine who's booked a hotel for him and his wife- it's royally buggered them up. Friggin Sky, bloody hate 'em....
To quote the ITV Horizon Scandal series "skint little people" comes to mind.
Feel sorry for all those who can't go but had a feeling this would happen. Sky Grrrrrrr
There would seem a very simple solution (for away fans at least)
Date and KO changes must be made BEFORE tickets go on sale.
No help for ST holders I know, which is why I gave mine up after one season of the Prem.
Where I sit there are ST holders from London, Horsham and Maidenhead. They aren't happy either
(03-03-2024, 11:05 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Where I sit there are ST holders from London, Horsham and Maidenhead. They aren't happy either

SKY should have to pay for pro rata refunds.
of course they won't as they pay a pittance to the club and do whatever they want.
I really detest the way they mess with 'our' game.
I feel for Pompey and Derby fans who are being inconvenienced in the extreme without any recompense or thought.
Total wankers
IF we go up*, I wonder if it will be worse next year, albeit with a more lucrative outcome for the club from the revenue? I guess that depends on how much of a story we are.
(*not counting chickens)
Can clubs decline to change dates or are they obliged contractually to go along with it?
(03-03-2024, 02:18 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]IF we go up*, I wonder if it will be worse next year, albeit with a more lucrative outcome for the club from the revenue?  I guess that depends on how much of a story we are.
(*not counting chickens)

Friday evening fixtures in the Championship so we can expect two or three date changes there.
God point. Cant imagine they’d do a scum fixture on a Friday night in the winter, though… (edit - on the basis that they’ll choke the play offs)
That would almost certainly be an early lunch time kick off at plod's request.
It will be worse next season because so many more EFL games will be shown on TV. Expect earlier and later kick offs even on a Saturday.
(01-03-2024, 07:51 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]To quote the ITV Horizon Scandal series "skint little people" comes to mind.

“Skint little people” distracted by smalltime issues. Bread and circuses.
(04-03-2024, 12:19 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 07:51 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]To quote the ITV Horizon Scandal series "skint little people" comes to mind.

“Skint little people” distracted by smalltime issues. Bread and circuses.

Careful now Big Grin, you might have the grassing loser reporting you for a non football post!
I'm sure the Derby fans will be quite bitter about this. A bit like the poster above.
Pages: 1 2