TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Oxford board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had a quick look and they don't seem very hopeful.  They've nearly sold their allocation (1400) though, so fair play.

Linky
Our record against Oxford is pretty good.

Oxford haven't beaten us at FP since a 1-0 win in 2016.  

Oxford has only won once in the last 6 matches, 3-2 home

Pompey 2 in 6 matches 3-2 home 1-0 away

2 Draws at Oxford 1-1 2-2
1 draw at FP 1-1

Appreciate these stats can mean nothing, it's on the day.   Smile 

We're playing well though but, Oxford's form isn't exactly bad
(01-03-2024, 11:24 AM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Just had a quick look and they don't seem very hopeful.  They've nearly sold their allocation (1400) though, so fair play.

Linky

I thought they returned 600 tickets that became avaiable to Pompey fans ?
(01-03-2024, 11:24 AM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Just had a quick look and they don't seem very hopeful.  They've nearly sold their allocation (1400) though, so fair play.

Linky

They seem like an unhappy bunch of moaning farmhands. Complaining that they only had 2 weeks to sell their 1400 allocation - which they finally achieved yesterday - while claiming they would have sold 2000 if they had 4 weeks to buy tickets! So tinpot!

Compare and contrast with a big club that sells 3100+ tickets for Charlton and 3900+ for Peterborough in a few hours.

Wish Oxford had given us the entire side (4000) the other week as there would still have been space in the other 2 stands to fully accommodate their supporters!
(01-03-2024, 12:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Linky

I was just going from their board where there was something from OU's Twitter that they'd sold 1350 and only had 50 left (which may well account for the 600, Deep).
Oxford would have been given a deadline by which to sell their initial allocation of 1400. Had they achieved those sales then they would have had the option of buying up a further 600 tickets. Clearly, that was never going to be the case so Pompey went ahead and sold them a week or so ago. Doubt very much that these 600 tickets were ever sent to Oxford.
They'll be gutted tonight but that's what happen when you are an also ran....
Pompey played crap today and won!
They say its a sign of a good side. I've got to agree. We play well and win, we play crap and find a way to win....
Oxford can't have played much better this season and left with nothing....
It doesn't make them a bad side but when you play like that and get nothing....something
Is wrong.
I don't think we were crap, Oxford were pushing us at every chance
Oxford played well, we did just enough and had the odd bit of luck!
(02-03-2024, 05:43 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we were crap, Oxford were pushing us at every chance

Absolutely, they were excellent and will make the playoffs comfortably on that performance. They were a huge step up from when we played them at their place but they get 1 point more for that performance than this such is the mad nature of football.

We have got some seriously tough games to come so we'll likely have to find a few more ugly wins to get over the line and absolutely take full advantage of the few bankable fixtures we have. There may also come times when that front 4 needs a bit of rotating/freshening up.
(02-03-2024, 06:02 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 05:43 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we were crap, Oxford were pushing us at every chance

Absolutely, they were excellent and will make the playoffs comfortably on that performance. They were a huge step up from when we played them at their place but they get 1 point more for that performance than this such is the mad nature of football.

We have got some seriously tough games to come so we'll likely have to find a few more ugly wins to get over the line and absolutely take full advantage of the few bankable fixtures we have. There may also come times when that front 4 needs a bit of rotating/freshening up.

and when we need our A Team in central mid, or whoever we have left!
Oxford were far from excellent, they were good and we were average and the ref as usual was shit.
(02-03-2024, 06:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oxford were far from excellent, they were good and we were average and the ref as usual was shit.

not sure the ref got much wrong.
The pen was clear
he played the advantage for Saydee to score.
He was a bit fussy but the game was pretty physical at times. and players on both sides did the modern thing of falling over as soon as they felt the slightest touch.
(02-03-2024, 06:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 06:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oxford were far from excellent, they were good and we were average and the ref as usual was shit.

The pen was clear
He was a bit fussy but the game was pretty physical at times. and players on both sides did the modern thing of falling over as soon as they felt the slightest touch.

He was one of the worse refs I've seen here this season. Literally every time an Oxford player fell on the floor they got an instant free kick. The advantage was a total fluke I can assure you. He also missed a clear shirt tug and penalty on Bishop. The latter's yellow was a joke too. He was one of those who wanted everybody to know he was there.
(02-03-2024, 07:27 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

The pen was clear

He was one of the worse refs I've seen here this season. Literally every time an Oxford player fell on the floor they got an instant free kick. The advantage was a total fluke I can assure you. He also missed a clear shirt tug and penalty on Bishop. The latter's yellow was a joke too. He was one of those who wanted everybody to know he was there.
In that case you haven't seen many games.  Yes he missed a few things as all refs do, but he got no major decisions wrong, and he got the key ones right - the pen unfortunately, and playing advantage that led to our goal.
He got two major decisions right but he was a pedantic twat with a look at me I’m in charge ego
(02-03-2024, 07:31 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 07:27 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

The pen was clear

In that case you haven't seen many games.  Yes he missed a few things as all refs do, but he got no major decisions wrong, and he got the key ones right - the pen unfortunately, and playing advantage that led to our goal.

Season ticket holder. He missed a clear tug on bishop for a pen that even stevie wonder would've spotted. I respect your opinion, but I was predicting the Oxford free kicks before the twat had given them, and bishops yellow for dissent was just pathetic.