TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Saydee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He wants motm doesn't he
I might have said that he was not a goal threat when he came on.
It looked like totally the wrong sub to me and that's why I'm not a manager. The variety of options we have on the bench is seriously impressive. Sometimes you need some physical presence and opposition players just bounce off Saydee.
Got to love him. Seems a really likeable character and still very young.
Really pleased for him that he got the goal.
and the clearance from under our own bar was brilliant and brave, right in front of us. Could easily have been the own goal of the season.
I am fucking stunned by that substitution. Wow!
(02-03-2024, 06:28 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am fucking stunned by that substitution. Wow!

Apart from Macey absolutely the last player I would have expected to see selected from that bench.
I would love to know how Mous came to that decision. Was that his biggest call of the season?
(02-03-2024, 09:14 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 06:28 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I am fucking stunned by that substitution. Wow!

Apart from Macey absolutely the last player I would have expected to see selected from that bench.
I would love to know how Mous came to that decision. Was that his biggest call of the season?
It was very clear for most of the game that we were missing muscle in mid-field other than Pack, so it was an obvious move. Yengi might have come on bit earlier too. I suspect we'll see Moxon start on Sat instead of MPH, with the latter coming on for last 10 mins or so if Moxon tires.
(02-03-2024, 09:24 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

It was very clear for most of the game that we were missing muscle in mid-field other than Pack, so it was an obvious move. Yengi might have come on bit earlier too. I suspect we'll see Moxon start on Sat instead of MPH, with the latter coming on for last 10 mins or so if Moxon tires.

Obvious.
Hmm.....obviously I'm not a clever bar-steward like you.
He is a very very popular player in the dressing room. Having these fresh and hungry options off the bench might make a big difference.
(02-03-2024, 09:47 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 09:24 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

Obvious.
Hmm.....obviously I'm not a clever bar-steward like you.
Clearly you're not!
Watched the goal back this morning. Beaming from ear to ear, fucking brilliant
And a great advantage played by the ref.
Was it Pack who swept the ball through? Honourable mention to the corner flag
Yes to both
MOM: Corner flag (sweet first touch)
(03-03-2024, 09:27 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]And a great advantage played by the ref.

Looking at the hghlights it looks as if he blew for the foul then waved play on. Presumably he just put the whistle to his mouth and didn't blow, but the way he refereed the rest of the game it wouldn't have surprised me.  

From the moment he made the mistake with giving a foul on Lang the wrong way and as a result had to book Lang for disagreeing with the decision he was on a loser, and the game ran the risk of being all about him even if some of his controversial decisions were no doubt correct. 

The best refs are the ones you don't notice, but he was making absolutely sure everyone was noticing him.
Hats off to saydee. I've also been very critical of him but to take that chance the way he did was superb. And then the clearance off the line!!
I'll be more than happy if he gives us more of that and proves me wrong
I know Lang had not played much previously, but someone might like to explain the mandatory yellow for moaning about decisions. As it happens his being on the precipice of a red turned into a good hing in the end.
(03-03-2024, 10:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2024, 09:27 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]And a great advantage played by the ref.

Looking at the hghlights it looks as if he blew for the foul then waved play on. Presumably he just put the whistle to his mouth and didn't blow, but the way he refereed the rest of the game it wouldn't have surprised me.  

From the moment he made the mistake with giving a foul on Lang the wrong way and as a result had to book Lang for disagreeing with the decision he was on a loser, and the game ran the risk of being all about him even if some of his controversial decisions were no doubt correct. 

The best refs are the ones you don't notice, but he was making absolutely sure everyone was noticing him.

Ben Toner was the Ref, he was in the middle the day we beat Sunderland 4.0 on a waterlogged Fp Lol. Also here for the Cheltenham 0.0 draw earlier this season. Agree he does seem to want to be the centre of attention, Yes he did put his whistle to his mouth but didn't blow, thankfully.  Thought he was shocking 1st half, slightly less shocking 2nd half
(03-03-2024, 11:00 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2024, 10:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Ben Toner was the Ref, he was in the middle the day we beat Sunderland 4.0 on a waterlogged Fp Lol. Also here for the Cheltenham 0.0 draw earlier this season. Agree he does seem to want to be the centre of attention, Yes he did put his whistle to his mouth but didn't blow, thankfully.  Thought he was shocking 1st half, slightly less shocking 2nd half

I wonder if  that hesitated their defenders a tad?
He made 2 good calls. Penalty (easy) advantage for our goal. After that he seemed unpredictable which left the players frustrated and it could have boiled over.
Going back to Saydee. Can't imagine he is ever likely to be a regular starter but he has shown several times now that he can be an effective sub to bring on against a tiring defence. He's still only young and will hopefully continue to develop. Clearly also a good character to have around.
That’s true enough and a happy squad makes such a difference.
Pages: 1 2