TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Obdurate Onanist Owned Once-more Over Oxford Outcome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turned out nice again, eh TB? Smile
Didn't it just! Yay.
Oxford played well today. Pompey did not play well, far from it.
They will be gutted but the fact is pompey won playing badly. They can take out of that what they want.
We see our lot week in and out and we know when we play and how well we can play. It's just today we were crap.
BUT WE WON!!!
Put that in your pipe TB
(02-03-2024, 05:13 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't it just! Yay.
They will be gutted but the fact is pompey won playing badly. They can take out of that what they want.
We see our lot week in and out and we know when we play and how well we can play. It's just today we were crap.
BUT WE WON!!!
Put that in your pipe TB

I didn't think we played badly. We just weren't as good as they were. It was a good game of football.
It was a good game, and that atmosphere last 10 mins left you buzzing. Saydee's input was brilliant - scored one and stopped one. Bloody hard work though - Oxford played very well but we still somehow won through again.
(02-03-2024, 06:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2024, 05:13 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't it just! Yay.
BUT WE WON!!!
Put that in your pipe TB

I didn't think we played badly. We just weren't as good as they were. It was a good game of football.

We are now at the point where results are more important than performances.
Now in touching distance, keep the focus.
(02-03-2024, 06:37 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]It was a good game, and that atmosphere last 10 mins left you buzzing. Saydee's input was brilliant - scored one and stopped one. Bloody hard work though - Oxford played very well but we still somehow won through again.

Agree. I am not Saydee's biggest fan but he made and took his chance brilliantly. Thought Pack was excellent throughout and finally we have a team that just does not give up. We are probably going to need to play better next Saturday to claim the points but we are so close now.
How good was the noise last few mins?
We need it like that for 90mins a game home and away now
Acid test of a good team is to win games when not playing well.
I couldn't care less if we play in Woolworths trainers and scrape everything by a goal from now on.

This team finds a way to win more often than not and that's good enough for me.
We would all like to sweep teams aside but today we were under the pump and had to show our defensive quality and game management.
We did that outstandingly.
When I say we played shit I meant as an attacking entity we were not at our fluent best, far from it.
But all good teams find a way and we did.

Now for the atmosphere?
So we finally got off our arses for the first time this season and ALL got behind the team who have deserved it for sometime to be fair.
It was good though.

Away from fratton pompey are always good but we need to give them a 90min show of what fratton was renowned for so much.