TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here goes
Norris 9
Raffs 9
Shocker 9
Raggett 8 and only not 9 cos he had to make a tackle after a dire pass from our U23 starlet
Oggs. 9 We really needed our experienced back 4 today. 
MPH 5 dribbles well, too slow in that position. decision making very poor deep. Better when we pushed him up a bit. A lot to learn. But at least he did not go hiding. 
Pack 9 trying to carry an apprentice
Kamara. 7 Sometimes not where he should have been when crosses came to the far post, but keeps going, tracks back and was a threat.
Lane. 6 Not really in it today, never stopped trying
Lang 8 Superb but gradually got pulled into a scrap and lost his edge, probably kicked a bit. lost a wrestling match which we do not expect from a Pompey number 10
Bishop. 8 Played really well first half, second half I couldn't really see him, forgot my hat! Very little service and nil protection

Saydee 9 big impact, just what we bought him to do. 
Moxon. probably needed him on a lot earlier to help shore things up a bit.

Mouse. 8 not much he could do but his sub came off. MPH is not experienced enough yet to play in there against the better sides.
Ref. Fussy but the match was a bit of a rough house at times. 7
I don’t see how you can award anyone other than Saydee more than an 8. We weren’t really at the races and didn’t control midfield. Rolf Harris was shocking again and was the cause of the penalty. Saydee was MoM
Everyone 7 except MPH 5 and Saydee 8
(02-03-2024, 05:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t see how you can award anyone other than Saydee more than an 8. We weren’t really at the races and didn’t control midfield. Rolf Harris was shocking again and was the cause of the penalty. Saydee was MoM
Everyone 7 except MPH 5 and Saydee 8

I think the back 4 won us the game, without the lovely pass from 44 we would have kept another clean sheet. Somehow.
Norris had a good game, in fact he's been excellent since we signed Macey! Raffs also excellent. I think he was on speed today, flew into umpteen challenges.
Super Saydee, love the man for his spot on attitude. Wonderful to contribute vitally today. The goal was the icing on the cake.
very over generous from Hammie IMO. We were not the btter team today, but champions find a way to win in games like these. I'd go ..

Norris 8  A couple of vital saves at important times 
Rafferty 8 Lucky not get booked, but several great tackles in the second half. 
Raggett 7 PLayed well but minus one for the penalty - that was avoidable. 
Shaughnessy 8 Solid as a rock
Ogilvie 6 Not at his best today IMO. Struggled with Dale's pace (not that much of a criticism cos Dale is a difficult player to mark) and didn't deliver anything of quality up front. Kept fighting though. 
MPH 5 Head dropped after his mistake led to the goal and generally didn't seem ideal for that role. It was worth a try but I wouldn't play him there again, But anyone who questions his attitude should have seen him rushing on to the pitch at full time to celebrate with the team. 
Pack 9 MOTM by a mile.  He held the midfield together on his own, and his calm assurance rubbed off on the team. And then topped his performance of with the block of the season near the end. Great perfomance considering he was so badly injured he couldn't play today  Smile
Kamara 7 Couple of nice turns, but delivered nothing of threat today. 
Lang 7 Busy and linked well with Bishop & Kamara.Lucky with the goal. 
Lane 6 Played a different role today 15/20 yards in from the touchline rather than on it. I can only guess the idea was to get Ogilvie outside of him, but the way Dale played stopped Ogilvie getting forward too often. Strange tactics from JM here that didn't really come off.
Bishop 8 Thought he was back to his best again today, unlucky not to score with a snap shot int he first half. 

Subs
Saydee 8 His presence turned the game, and took his chance really well. 
Moxon 7 One great tackle on the edge of the box and genreally looked far more comfortable on the ball. 
Martin 6 Filled a shirt, and even touched the ball a couple of times. 
Yengi : on too late for a rating , should have been brought on earlier for Lane. It would have been an ideal game to see him and Bishop together again.  

Mousinho  8  His two changes (MPH for Moxon and different role for Lane)  didn't really come off, but how many of us were watching that game and thinking what we need is Saydee, but he was absolutely right - a brilliant substitution that won us the three points.
I'd certainly agree with Pack for MOM. As to being generous. I thought Oxford were very good and we did very very well to get three points from them today.
Massive weight on Marlon Packs shoulders between now and the end of the season,i think he's up to it
Rafferty MOTM for me. Think MPH recovered well from his disastrous start but I agree I would have brought Moxon on earlier.
Have been following Pompey for 50 years but today was my first time in the South Stand. Was impressed with the atmosphere except the Dinlo next to me who spent the entire game abusing the linesman or Bishop. Lousy view looking down the line due to the size of the roof supports.
Pack has been immense this season, barely had a bad game. Led from the front and had loads of assists and a couple of goals. He's one of our own!
(02-03-2024, 06:53 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Pack has been immense this season, barely had a bad game. Led from the front and had loads of assists and a couple of goals. He's one of our own!

Player of the season so far…a leader of men.
Interesting.. I thought Og had a shocker. Outpaced so often and committed so many fouls. For me he was a 5 and I expected him to be subbed. Goes to show how differently we see games. The joy of football!
From the Milton End, it looked like he got clattered pretty early on, and he was not the only one. Seemed to do his ankle so was probably not quite at his best, but still part of the defence that stood firm.
Personally I'd have a gone a bit lower but each to their own.

For me:

Norris: 8. Some important saves.
Rafferty: 9 My MOTM. Maximum commitment. Crunching challenges. Quality!
Shocks: 8. Also very good. Battled hard.
Raggs: 6. Clanger led to the penalty. Recovered well after that.
Ogil: 6. Not at his best, Dale had some success against him.
MPH: 6. Not suited to the role given.
Pack: 7.5 Not at it first half but much better in the second.
Kamara: 6.5 Not his most effective performance but did okay. Couple of nice turns.
Lang: 7. Got a goal and that's what counts!
Lane: 6. Nullified well by Oxford. Worked hard but didn't have too much effect on the game.
Bishop: 6. Came off second best to the Oxford defenders. Still worked tirelessly.

Subs:

Saydee: 9 Came on, scored the winner, blocked one off the line. Brilliant.
Can't remember much of the others.

Mous: 7. Not sure why he replaced Moxon in the starting 11 which didn't work. Bringing on Saydee though was a masterstroke.

Ref: 4. One excellent advantage played (probably staring in the wrong direction and didn't see the foul) almost all of the rest was terrible. Lost control of the game for a while. Just bloody awful really.
(03-03-2024, 10:34 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]From the Milton End, it looked like he got clattered pretty early on, and he was not the only one. Seemed to do his ankle so was probably not quite at his best, but still part of the defence that stood firm.

Fair point!!
Saydee came on and made MotM for me but if we go up, we have a plethora of worthy players but only one captain who has led from the front and is 'one' of us!
(03-03-2024, 11:04 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Mous: 7. Not sure why he replaced Moxon in the starting 11 which didn't work. Bringing on Saydee though was a masterstroke.

The reason Moxon was left out of the starting line up is because if he got another yellow card against Oxford he would get a suspension for too many yellow cards. Same stands for our next game against Blackpool but I think after that he’s good to get another yellow card without being suspended so I expect he won’t be starting again until after we play Blackpool
Correct, after the Blackpool game the ‘ban’ moves up to 15 yellows . I believe Moxon is on 8 or 9