TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Close squad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't you love the togetherness of the squad?

The way that Bish pushed Saydee towards the F/E was quality   Wink
Close squad. The crowd and players don't seem as close as teams that win things normally are. We need some songs for individuals, always used to if they were any good. Or often, even if they were not!
Saydee's name was certainly chanted today
(02-03-2024, 05:58 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Saydee's name was certainly chanted today

In the Mllton, can't hear much from there. But promotion sides before, every player has had their own song. And sung them before and during the game, regardless if they scored or not.
Those days of individuality have gone I’m afraid Hammie, we just pinch the same boring tunes like everyone else.
(02-03-2024, 06:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Those days of individuality have gone I’m afraid Hammie, we just pinch the same boring tunes like everyone else.

partly cos there are no suitable pop songs to adapt
Penny Lane?
Sexy Sadie
With this sort of lead at the top, its time for Rod Stewart's We Are Sailing.
(02-03-2024, 07:20 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]With this sort of lead at the top, its time for Rod Stewart's We Are Sailing.

Or another one bites the dust
I don’t know if anyone watches the Inside Pompey vids but I get the impression from them that this is a very together and happy bunch ( of course it’s easy to be happy when you are top!)
Players who played today who have their own song

Norris
Rafferty
Saydee
Pack
Lane
Bishop
Yengi
Lang
(02-03-2024, 11:35 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Players who played today who have their own song

Norris
Rafferty
Saydee
Pack
Lane
Bishop
Yengi
Lang
Add the one-word song "Raggettinho" repeated as often as necessary. :-)
(02-03-2024, 11:35 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Players who played today who have their own song

Norris
Rafferty
Saydee
Pack
Lane
Bishop
Yengi
Lang

What's the Norris song ? Can't rememebr ever hearing one of them.  Nor Rafferty's come to that.
Does chanting a players name albeit rhythmically count as a song?
If they do, I've hardly ever heard most of them. Bishop only gets his when he scores. Shame really, he is going to be pretty up then anyhow, needs it when he is struggling.
(03-03-2024, 10:40 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop only gets his when he scores. 

That's not the case, actually. It rang out quite clearly yesterday - particularly when he was substituted.
(03-03-2024, 10:37 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Does chanting a players name albeit rhythmically count as a song?
It did for "' Arry & Jim"
All the aforementioned players get their songs sung most games. Add to the list, Lowery, Kamara and Raggett, all of whom get regular airings.

Just need to come up with songs for Shaughnessy, Ogilvie, MPH. Morrell, Swanson and Moxon to complete the list!
Oggie would seem very obvious!
Norris song is to Rocking All Over The World - here we goooo super Will Norris in goal

Rafferty's starts we were looking for a right back and we found a scouser

Both sung in the FE most games along with all the others. Maybe not audible from the Milton?
(03-03-2024, 05:34 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]All the aforementioned players get their songs sung most games. Add to the list, Lowery, Kamara and Raggett, all of whom get regular airings.

Just need to come up with songs for Shaughnessy, Ogilvie, MPH. Morrell, Swanson and Moxon to complete the list!

You'll be hard pressed to find something that rhymes with Shaughnessy
Shocknessy rhymes with Lionel Messi if that helps…
It does rhyme but unfortunately doesn’t scan ( the n in Shaughnessy doesn’t help)
Damn!! Smile
Pages: 1 2