TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Titanic, Towering, Tangerine, Tittle-Tattle Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It’s up next! 

They thought they’d arrived when they drove away from Fratton (I love that mix!). They had the temerity to come to the league leaders back yard and make us look a right load of chumps.

Nothing less than a four nil hammering will appease me. 

Oh and they play in orange!!!!!

Tangerine, my arse!
Blackpool are the best side in the league on their day, as a number of pundits and fans have said.

Blackpools best performance beats our best performance,  so I hope we catch them on an off day.

They'll be too strong for us I think.

Blackpool 3-1 Portsmouth
(07-03-2024, 08:44 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Blackpool are the best side in the league on their day, as a number of pundits and fans have said.

Blackpools best performance beats our best performance,  so I hope we catch them on an off day.

Blackpool 3-1 Portsmouth

?..we are the best side in the league,hence our current position.Nothing to fear from this lot.
(07-03-2024, 09:18 AM)Yobster1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2024, 08:44 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Blackpool are the best side in the league on their day, as a number of pundits and fans have said.

Blackpool 3-1 Portsmouth

?..we are the best side in the league,hence our current position.Nothing to fear from this lot.

We are a more consistent side results wise than Blackpool, a lot of our wins have been with late goals and are scrappy wins. I'm happy with any sort of win though. We can grind results out.

My original point is Blackpool can deliver a higher level of performance than anyone in this league on their day. Granted they are very inconsistent.
I'm hoping Pack's over his injury Titchie.
Oi scummer, shouldn’t you be more concerned about St Mary’s being cleansed by fire.
The trouble with blocking posters is that the drivel they post still appears when people quote them. So in a one off response to the statistically challenged WUM above, not a single indicator shows Blackpool to be anything but the 8th best team in the league.

Over the past 8 games they are the equal 4th worst. They concede in two thirds of their games and fail to score in a third. They are sixth in goal difference.

"On their day" is a ridiculous statement. They have had 36 days thus far in this campaign to prove that and have failed to win on 20 of those occasions. I don't know who these pundits or fans are who have these opinions, but clearly, like the WUM poster above, they are talking out of their Harris.
I want an easy day. Pompey can win this. We had a bad day last time. We've had 4 bad days!
Let's give them a bad day
Pool 0-2 Pompey
I try not to encourage the WUM.

However, it strikes me as odd that this high-flying business guru who spends most of his time at important meetings all over the USA can find the time to post drivel on here at 2,3,4 in the morning in whichever time zone he finds himself.

Odd.
Tbf Blackpool and I'd also say Leyton Orient are capable of thrashing anyone, as we've found out. But they don't do it consistently enough hence whey they are where they are. I'd take a draw here and move on.

On a separate note interesting to here about tangerines and Cunny's arse, who'd a thought it!!
I’m glad they haven’t got pips.
Gladys has all those.
(07-03-2024, 07:49 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It’s up next! 

They thought they’d arrived when they drove away from Fratton (I love that mix!). They had the temerity to come to the league leaders back yard and make us look a right load of chumps.

Nothing less than a four nil hammering will appease me. 

Oh and they play in orange!!!!!

Tangerine, my arse!

Time to tonk the terrible theme that the tangerines tend to topple the team. This team tends to treat us to terrific triumphs though!
Too true.
Put it together Pompey and show them ...... and the remaining pretenders, that we have got this. 

Playing on the coast , feeling the briney air, and the Fratton roar at Bloomfield road, I think 0-2 with Rags due a nice goal!
One of his 30 yarders

Blackpool 3-1 Portsmouth

You've been watching that 1950s comedy film.               "The Tit(ch)field  Thunderbolt"again  moosh  Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sca_esv=...sid=mosaic
Our team against Blackpool was a bit of an anomaly compared to our usual starting line up at the time. Josh Martin out of nowhere (he’d only just signed as a free agent) started on the left and was anonymous the whole time he was on the pitch (which was too long in my opinion), Kamara was in the number 10 role which was another experiment that didn’t work. Jack Sparkes was struggling both defensively and as an attacking force (his crosses weren’t as dangerous as they were earlier in the season) also Marlon Pack was injured and with the sending off of Morrell when we were 0-2 it turned from a bad day into a rout. We should do better this time around anyway
Blackpool. The only place apart from Las Vegas where you can buy sex with chips.
Bugger, I’ve just eaten the last one.

If only I’d known!
Fish & chips  Tongue
Just woken up here in New York and heading to Watkins Glen State Park. Will follow the game throughout the morning if possible and i'm hoping for rather than expecting a result.

Safe journeys to all travelling.
Thanks Titchy. Surely a win today will up your confidence.
(09-03-2024, 01:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Titchy. Surely a win today will up your confidence.

He's told us more than once in no uncertain terms that we are definitely losing this one. 

Tbh that's my main reason for optimism in what is going to be a tough game.
I really couldn’t care less what the WUM has to say. Why on earth do some of you give him oxygen?

Peds is optimistic this season and that’s perfect cause for me to feel confident we’re gonna do it in style.
Pages: 1 2