TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Least favourite goals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go on then, I've spent as much time (or more) being depressed at Pompey games which makes the good times so very very good!

At Palace when we were up in extra time (after trying for three years) and then we weren't
Whelan, Ormondroyd and Joachim
Moran 1984
Ronnie fkn Whelan
Any scummer ones
If I could cancel one goal in the whole history of football it would be bobby stokes
(08-03-2024, 08:58 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Whelan, Ormondroyd and Joachim

Plus Moran and even Channon 76
Ormondroyd. Just seen it again. Ffs, he’s so far offside.
Noel Blake’s own goal at Wimbledon in 1984/85 season straight fro the kick off after Wimbledon scored. Absolute awful silence as the ball rolled in, has bugged me for years. Available on you tube to be seen.
(09-03-2024, 10:20 AM)RJK66 Wrote: [ -> ]Noel Blake’s own goal at Wimbledon in 1984/85 season straight fro the kick off after Wimbledon scored. Absolute awful silence as the ball rolled in, has bugged me for years. Available on you tube to be seen.

We were all right behind the goal watching it. Seemed like it was in slow motion. Hated Wimbledon and their style of football too.
Steve moran and Ronnie wheelan.
Those two goals, both in injury time were never deserved and hurt the most.
(09-03-2024, 09:04 AM)Yobster1 Wrote: [ -> ]

The Channon goal felt like a kick in the stomach.
I was standing in the corner of the Milton End waiting for the final whistle when he slotted that in.
It sent the Milton End into a red and white frenzy of delight while we realised that we were relegated and they were going up.
Absolute SICKENER!
Also the Fulham game on 1st January 1985 where we were 4-0 up at half time and cruising. Fulham scored 4 in the second half thanks to a 91st minute penalty. We missed out on promotion at the end of the season by goal difference. The lost point and four goals made the difference. Another gutting season.
God's footballer, Peter Knowles - completing a 3-2 comeback for Wolves and then kicking the ball out of the ground in celebration. I seem to remember Milkins lying injured at the time, but I may be wrong.....
(09-03-2024, 11:10 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Steve moran and Ronnie wheelan.
Those two goals, both in injury time were never deserved and hurt the most.

Not injury time, but Whelan's goal was the ultimate sickener.
Darren Anderton chased a long ball and hammered his shot under Bruce Grobbelaar. I’ve heard many a roar from Pompey fans over the years - but seldom one so loud.
Surely, we were on our way to Wembley now. Surely, nothing could go wrong... could it?
Those two 86th (?) minute goals Plymouth scored at Fratton in April 2016 when we had been 1 up.
(09-03-2024, 05:24 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Moran 1984

Exactly, it still hurts now.
(09-03-2024, 08:33 AM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]If I could cancel one goal in the whole history of football it would be bobby stokes

Sickening that a Pompey Boy won the one pot w@nkas their only trophy.
(09-03-2024, 09:04 AM)Yobster1 Wrote: [ -> ]

The only consolation with that Channon goal was the aftermath it triggered. Half the Fratton End running out of the ground, taking two sharp lefts and reappearing over the top of the Milton Road before launching into the scummy coont. I can still hear the screams of terror now! Big Grin
I was abroad for the Moran goal, listened to it on the BBC World Service. Drowned my sorrows that evening as I recall. The one I wish to add is Feb 2002. We were 4.2 up to Barnsley at Fp in front of 12756 fans, Robert Prosinecki had scored a hat trick but Lewis Buxton was sent off at the Milton End for what I still don't know. Barnsley scored 2 late goals to draw 4.4. I've never seen a player so gutted as Robert, that's why I recall it so vividly.
(12-03-2024, 02:19 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I was abroad for the Moran goal, listened to it on the BBC World Service. Drowned my sorrows that evening as I recall. The one I wish to add is Feb 2002. We were 4.2 up to Barnsley at Fp in front of 12756 fans, Robert Prosinecki had scored a hat trick but Lewis Buxton was sent off at the Milton End for what I still don't know. Barnsley scored 2 late goals to draw 4.4. I've never seen a player so gutted as Robert, that's why I recall it so vividly.

He never seemed the same again to me after that, wondered what the hell he was bothering for. If only we had signed Harry as manager at the same time (or even Ballie seeing what he got from Le Tiss in an equally bad side)