TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey WHEN I die
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Burying my father tomorrow, up in Buckinghamshire.

He played for Pompey as a schoolboy, and was there in the crowd during the league winning seasons.

Then he moved to Bucks in the late 50's, married into a totally Spuds supporting family, and personally witnessed back to back Spurs league winning seasons. 

In his last years he had Alzeimers/dementia, forgot all about Spurs, and died supporting only Pompey again - his one and only big plus from dementia.

My niece organised it as a Pompey themed do tomorrow - wear something blue (she's wearing the shirt). PUP.
All the best for tomorrow ! PUP
Sincere condolences to you and your family.
My deepest Condolences to you and your family. Lets hope he is looking down on our return to the Championship in a few weeks time.
All the best for tomorrow
Cheers all
Hope he gets a great send off.
A great story.

Losing ones dad is one of the unspoken toughies. It seems to hit us hard but not many talk about it.

I hope the day goes well and we can celebrate his life with a win.
(08-03-2024, 09:11 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Burying my father tomorrow, up in Buckinghamshire.

He played for Pompey as a schoolboy, and was there in the crowd during the league winning seasons.

Then he moved to Bucks in the late 50's, married into a totally Spuds supporting family, and personally witnessed back to back Spurs league winning seasons. 

In his last years he had Alzeimers/dementia, forgot all about Spurs, and died supporting only Pompey again - his one and only big plus from dementia.

My niece organised it as a Pompey themed do tomorrow - wear something blue (she's wearing the shirt). PUP.

Yes condolences mate, my old mum had Alzheimer’s so I know all about that.

Once Pompey, always Pompey.
Condolences, Zoo
Condolences to you and family. Once a blue always a blue. Remember the good times.
Sometimes we are reminded that 'football is just a game'!
In this incidence, it was more than a game, it was contact.
My sincerest thoughts to you and family.
Regards

David
Thanks to everyone for the posts. The pub afterwards was just outside Wycombe. All those sudden Pompey shirts etc must've had the poor souls confused about who and where they were playing today.
Hope it went as well as these things can do Zoo. Best wishes
(08-03-2024, 09:11 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Burying my father tomorrow, up in Buckinghamshire.

Condolences, hoping all goes well for you.