TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ogilvie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I missed the post match interviews ... what was the news on Ogilvie ?
Out for 3 to 4 weeks. Knee injury.
Sparkes picked up a knock today. Might be looking at a back 3?
Yep, my spys saw him in scum primark today
(09-03-2024, 06:09 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Sparkes picked up a knock today. Might be looking at a back 3?

Swanson could probably play left back ?
More concerned about Lang.
(09-03-2024, 06:19 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]More concerned about Lang.

Losing Lang, if we do, would be a blow but we have plenty of other options for filling his position. MPH, Saydee, Whyte and Anjorin not too far away.   It may even result in Bishop & Yengi both playing. 

No left back would be far more of a blow.
Mousinho doesn't appear to be too concerned about Jack Sparkes.
(09-03-2024, 06:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Losing Lang, if we do, would be a blow but we have plenty of other options for filling his position. MPH, Saydee, Whyte and Anjorin not too far away.   It may even result in Bishop & Yengi both playing. 

Hopefully Lang won't be out for too long.

Hopefully Connor will be back for the Derby game and Sparkes can play Tuesday.

Tuesdays game v Burton I think is season defining, given how tight things are.

If we can win, I think we are nearly there. A win would put us on 80 points. The only team below us who I think will reach 90 points is Derby. The others are too inconsistent. For example, I'm not sure Bolton will get 19 points from 27 available.

A win on Tuesday and I think we'd need 10 points from 8 games for promotion in 2nd place. 

Anything else than a win Tuesday and I fear for us.
You told us all on January 6th it was "season over".
(09-03-2024, 08:15 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]You told us all on January 6th it was "season over".

We have picked up since then.

If we can get over the line Tuesday, we should go up automatically.

Tuesday will be tough but it's winnable.

Bolton dropping points again today was very important for us.
But you were very clear that Blackpool would beat us today.
The only thing that is 100% certain is that we will still be top of the table with only 8 games to go whether we win, lose or draw on Tuesday.
(09-03-2024, 08:29 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that is 100% certain is that we will still be top of the table with only 8 games to go whether we win, lose or draw on Tuesday.

Anything other than a win would be a disaster for our top 2 hopes.

It's a must win. The margins are so small.
(09-03-2024, 06:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

He wasn't too concerned about Reagan Poole either
He’s shown absolutely no concern about my bad knee. I may never play again.
Titch would forecast rain inside a volcano and be utterly convinced he is right. Doesn't seem to understand this game.
Last two posts made me chuckle Big Grin
Ogilvie hasn't experienced defeat in a Pompey shirt in over a year. The March 11th 2023 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday. I don't think his absence was the sole reason we lost games while he was put by any means and Sparkes has deputised ably but we do tend to look better with Ogilvie.
(30-03-2024, 12:10 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie hasn't experienced defeat in a Pompey shirt in over a year. The March 11th 2023 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday. I don't think his absence was the sole reason we lost games while he was put by any means and Sparkes has deputised ably but we do tend to look better with Ogilvie.

Interesting stat but you must have too much time on your hands.
(30-03-2024, 12:18 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-03-2024, 12:10 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie hasn't experienced defeat in a Pompey shirt in over a year. The March 11th 2023 defeat at home to Sheffield Wednesday. I don't think his absence was the sole reason we lost games while he was put by any means and Sparkes has deputised ably but we do tend to look better with Ogilvie.

I saw it on twitter/X. That's full of people with too much time on their hands.
Ogilvie makes the winger in front of him better, on the whole.
(30-03-2024, 12:20 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-03-2024, 12:18 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

I saw it on twitter/X. That's full of people with too much time on their hands.
Big Grin
(30-03-2024, 01:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie makes the winger in front of him better, on the whole.

Him and Swanson are the best full back pairing for me. Rafferty has been an absolute workhorse this season and deserves immense respect but the Swanson ceiling is far higher.
Ogilvie has and is the best Left Back we have. What's more he can play in a back 3 and as a full blown centre half.
He, as far as I can remember never let us down and has a goal or two in him each year.
He deserves a chance to prove he can step up 'IF" we get where we want