TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: old highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
courtesy of the Big Match.
Watching the team from a season or so before I started going every week (selling programs.)
As mentioned above about Cowley building the basis of a promotion team, this Feb 1981 team is about half of the team that stormed to the title under Bobby Campbell. But losing here at Fulham 3.0
Wonder how many on here made the trip? 

Great own goal by Bobby Doyle (past Peter Mellor)
The softest of pens against us. 
Rafferty up front, Rogers on the wing. Mick Tait. 
Peter Ellis

looks like Hemmerman up front with the hair and possibly Fossie at the back ??? also lots of hair.
Looks like the defence was rebuilt to make a promotion team.

and I think Malcom McDonald managing Fulham. 

Good shirt too
Linky?
sorry no linky, I recorded it on ITV or 4
Feb 1981, headline game the manchester derby
oh and it wasn't Steve Foster, he played for Brighton in the same program. No idea who our defender was with a big dark perm?
I was there Hammie. Just found my programme. The hairy one must have been Viney or Aizlewood. Viney had a mullet , I seem to remember. We took loads that day.
(12-03-2024, 10:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I was there Hammie. Just found my programme. The hairy one must have been Viney or Aizlewood. Viney had a mullet , I seem to remember. We took loads that day.

Must have been Viney, I don't think I saw him very often. Not craggy enough for Aizlewood.
Seemed like a season where we flattered to deceive. Was it still Frank in charge?
Yeah, Frankie Burrows
checked, all the games are in ITV X if you have it.