TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Two penalties,an open goal and a poser.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sit in the north lower nearer the Milton End.

Our penalty was not a penalty but was given. Very soft at best. 
Their shout was most definitely a penalty,can't believe it wasn't given.
How did Yengi not score?
And who coaches Norris to pose with his foot on the ball inviting forwards to come and get it? This went on for about 15 minutes last night when the aim should have been to build on the lead.
Goal difference could determine the Champions.
I don't know how you can say our penalty was not a penalty. It was given for the second tackle by Oshilaja on Yengi. It was clear he took Yengi down from my viewpoint from behind the goal at the Milton End. Looking back on the highlights on YouTube it still looks a penalty at full speed. At half speed you can clearly see he clips Yengi on the shin without touching the ball. There's no mass protest from Burton, they know it's a pen.
(13-03-2024, 09:35 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I sit in the north lower nearer the Milton End.

How did Yengi not score?
And who coaches Norris to pose with his foot on the ball inviting forwards to come and get it? This went on for about 15 minutes last night when the aim should have been to build on the lead.

I only sat there once and it was full of awful young nutters who spent the whole game gesturing at the opposing fans...
I thought our pen was a,pen and I've watched it 3 times. I'm not an expert though.

Similar to a lot of games, we didn't put away enough chances but at least we are creating them. Some really tasty games coming up now. A lot to be excited about. 

Bolton V Derby
Peterborough  V Pompey

Massive weekend.
Overall the ref was hit and miss. Ignoring blatant shirt tugging, missing penalties at both ends. Totally agree with the Norris thing. Nearly got caught out last night as the attacker bore down on him. He sometimes plays with fire I think.
Yes, I thought it was a clear penalty. Only watch on iFollow though, and agree that Norris is a time waster, the best form of defence is to attack.
(13-03-2024, 10:43 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-03-2024, 09:35 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I sit in the north lower nearer the Milton End.

How did Yengi not score?

I only sat there once and it was full of awful young nutters who spent the whole game gesturing at the opposing fans...

Perhaps "stayinupforever" is an  "awful young nutter who spends the whole game gesturing at the opposing fans" & that is why he didn't really see an obvious penalty  Idea
I hope its thanks now fuck off with Norris. That shit will not wash in the Championship. I wish he would cut it out!
(13-03-2024, 06:10 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I hope its thanks now fuck off with Norris. That shit will not wash in the Championship. I wish he would cut it out!

That's a crazy take. He's got the second most clean sheets out of any keeper in the top 4 divisions I believe. He's important to the way we play and does everything you expect from a modern keeper.

I get that for the 'Pompey dads' of a certain vintage we like to see our keepers lump it down the channels as soon as they get it but that doesn't cut it these days.
I too find myself frustrated with Norris. He is a decent keeper but why do all the shite housery? All it is going to do is give referees up a league an excuse to book him. and make us look stupid.
As regards passing from the back, at least make sure the player is expecting it, Moxon nearly had to change his shorts!
'I too find myself frustrated with Norris. He is a decent keeper but why do all the shite housery? All it is going to do is give referees up a league an excuse to book him. and make us look stupid'

It's not working out too bad in this league though.
(13-03-2024, 08:30 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]'I too find myself frustrated with Norris. He is a decent keeper but why do all the shite housery? All it is going to do is give referees up a league an excuse to book him. and make us look stupid'

It's not working out too bad in this league though.

yep. And he is due a big game with lots to do. He certainly makes regular saves which are a bit above the norm.
It's caught up with him this season and it will catch up with him a hell of a lot more in the division above next year.

Mous will be forced with a change the person or change the person situation here.
Madness. We're trying to solve a problem that just isn't there.
I hate seeing the time wasting but I don’t remember Norris ever getting caught out and it resulting in a goal.
Leaving a window open is a security problem. It doesn't become a problem only after the burglary. Then it becomes an incident.

We are not asking for the world. Just stop the pissing about. Everything else is in place!
(14-03-2024, 06:45 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Leaving a window open is a security problem. It doesn't become a problem only after the burglary. Then it becomes an incident.

We are not asking for the world. Just stop the pissing about. Everything else is in place!

I think he knows what he is doing just fine.
(13-03-2024, 09:11 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's caught up with him this season and it will catch up with him a hell of a lot more in the division above next year.

Mous will be forced with a change the person or change the person situation here.

Why ?  The timewasting and shithousery gets worse the higher up the ladder you go.
Like many I continue to experience frustration with NORRIS.

I, and other have banged on about this ad-infinitum, and nothing seems to change.

My particular, and very repetitive bleat is given the wrong ref and its an early yellow for time-wasting - couple that with an unintentional dropped ball and he's off - then what ?

If our OWN FANS are overly frustrated by this then it must raise the opposition's ire, and, as above, annoy the Ref.

I hope that - particularly at Peterborough, we display sound sense at the back, please do NOT piss about, and invite a cock up !
To get it back to Yengi rather than casting doubts on a goalkeeper who is doing his job perfectly fine, Yengi will miss the Barnsley game. Called up by Australia no doubt to sit on their bench. Annoying.
D'Aless

No-one will disagree concerning Yengi , he is the find of, at least, one season and if he continues in this vein, his potential will only soar.

However, many are continuing to be concerned by a potential disaster of a slack passout , or getting caught in possession. There is no need, he is a very excellent keeper otherwise, so please - safety first.

And, I do hope, very, very sincerely, that I NEVER have to say told you so !
So now we’re worrying about something that could happen but hasn’t ? I hope some of you don’t drive in case you’re worried about having an accident.
(14-03-2024, 11:05 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]D'Aless

No-one will disagree concerning Yengi , he is the find of, at least, one season and if he continues in this vein, his potential will only soar.

However, many are continuing to be concerned by a potential disaster of a slack passout , or getting caught in possession. There is no need, he is a very excellent keeper otherwise, so please - safety first.

And, I do hope, very, very sincerely,  that I NEVER have to say told you so !

Surely it’s the Norris supporters who should be saying ‘told you so’?

We are top of the league!  Cool Big Grin
(14-03-2024, 11:05 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]D'Aless

And, I do hope, very, very sincerely,  that I NEVER have to say told you so !

If it happens it happens. The modern approach is that Keepers are the fifth man at the back, almost playmakers in their own right. There is always a risk playing put from the back but the rewards over a season more than make up for one or two sloppy goals.

Norris is an excellent keeper at this level.
I thought the whole point of playing out from the back was to draw the opposition towards our goal and then play through them.

Isn’t that what Norris does?