TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: my ratings last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris 7 - calmness personified for 80 mins but I thought the nervousness at the end stemmed from him. 
Rafferty 7- proved his versatiity with a good solid perfromance in a new position, and got foward a bit too.
Raggett  7 - not at his best, but no clangers
Shaughnessy 8 - held the defence together
Moxon 6 - mixed bag, some very good flashes but also some weak passes
Pack 9 - imperious, he is taking us up single handed
Peart -Harris 6 - looked happier more froeeward and did some good runs forward at pace, but didnt deliver anything  worthwhile.
Saydee 8 - thought he played well and got into good positions to receive Pack's through balls down the middle
Kamara 7 - not a wing back in a million years but did OK in a '6' perfromance plus one for the assist 
Yengi 7 - hard to rate because he played well but lost marks for the worst miss of his whole career and for a stupid penalty he was so lucky to get away with. 
Lane 7 - better defensively as a wing back than Kamara and still got some crosses in. 

Subs
Swanson 5  looked so rusty and so lucky to get away with a blatant penalty 
Whyte 7 looked bright, could be like a new signing if he came good now 
Bishop 7 no sign of sulking for being dropped , he looked on good form. 

Mousinho 7 needs must brought a new formation which they took a long time to adjust to. I'd describe it as a back three with a box of 4 in midfield, a centre forward and two wide players who were wing backs when we didn't have the ball and wingers when we did have it.  He got lucky though, had the ref not been blind bringing on Swanson to concede the penalty would be being questioned.
My ratings
Norris 7
Rafferty 7.5
Raggett 7.5
Shocks 7.5
Pack 8.5 MOM.
Moxon 6 - average
MPH 5 - next to useless
Kamara 6 - couldn’t beat his defender
Saydee 6 - there’s a reason he doesn’t start, missed a sitter
Lane 6.5. - average by his standards
Yengi 6.5 - not that impressive, missed a sitter

Swanson - 5 reckless challenge for a penalty they should’ve had.
Whyte- 6
Colby 6.5
Agree with the above. Hard to rate players who have bright patches mixed with poor ones. Yengi I thought wasn’t all that impressive but has 2 goals so hey-ho! I thought it was really risky bringing Swanson on at that point.
I got excited when first saw the team with Yengy up top, but felt disappointed with him last night
(13-03-2024, 09:36 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Norris 7 - calmness personified for 80 mins but I thought the nervousness at the end stemmed from him. 
Rafferty 7- proved his versatiity with a good solid perfromance in a new position, and got foward a bit too.
Peart -Harris 6 - looked happier more froeeward and did some good runs forward at pace, but didnt deliver anything  worthwhile.
Saydee 8 - thought he played well and got into good positions to receive Pack's through balls down the middle
Kamara 7 - not a wing back in a million years but did OK in a '6' perfromance plus one for the assist 
Yengi 7 - hard to rate because he played well but lost marks for the worst miss of his whole career and for a stupid penalty he was so lucky to get away with. 
Lane 7 - better defensively as a wing back than Kamara and still got some crosses in. 

Subs

Mousinho 7 needs must brought a new formation which they took a long time to adjust to. I'd describe it as a back three with a box of 4 in midfield, a centre forward and two wide players who were wing backs when we didn't have the ball and wingers when we did have it.  He got lucky though, had the ref not been blind bringing on Swanson to concede the penalty would be being questioned.
I’ll go along with that. 

Ta for posting.
(13-03-2024, 12:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-03-2024, 09:36 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Norris 7 - calmness personified for 80 mins but I thought the nervousness at the end stemmed from him. 

Subs

I’ll go along with that. 

Ta for posting.

Yeah, much better than the ratings thing usually done by that other person.
More descriptive and with longer words. 
Thanks Deep!   Wink
(13-03-2024, 02:06 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-03-2024, 12:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Subs

I’ll go along with that. 

Ta for posting.

Yeah, much better than the ratings thing usually done by that other person.
More descriptive and with longer words. 
Thanks Deep!   Wink
Chuckle.
MPH, not a deep player.
The attacking four were really exciting from the Milton End in the first half, but also very frustrating. Too huge misses and too many flips and frills when a simple ball was called for. I thought that the more we pushed up MPH the better he looked and it helped overload their defence, as for the penalty.
Actually make that attacking 3, Lane is wasted as a wing back, we need Lane back with a decent full back putting him in on goal.
(13-03-2024, 12:16 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I got excited when first saw the team with Yengy up top, but felt disappointed with him last night

Hopefully he gets back to his best form soon lol
(14-03-2024, 02:06 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-03-2024, 12:16 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]I got excited when first saw the team with Yengy up top, but felt disappointed with him last night

Hopefully he gets back to his best form soon lol
Yes very disappointing, only scored 2 goals .......
Marquis scores a few but I still think he was disappointing.
(14-03-2024, 05:16 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Marquis scores a few but I still think he was disappointing.

I also think Marquis was disappointing

Here’s some League One goal per minute stats for ya

Yengi 1 goal every 100 minutes 
Marquis 1 goal every 333 minutes in 2020/21

Compare what we paid for either player you can say with certainty that Yengi has been a real find for us
Yengi scored 2 ( 1 was a penalty), missed a sitter and tbh was pretty lightweight up front in this occasion. Maybe the heavy pitch didn’t suit his game. Personally I’d like to see Colby at number 10 and Yengi up front ( moving Chaplin from a 9 to a 10 hasn’t held him back).
Could work, Bishops work rate is second to none and Yengi provides a different sort of headache for opposing defenders with his size, speed and strength. Saydee as an impact sub… Yeah that could work
8 more games lads and we have to play 4 of the current top 5 teams as well as a resurgent Lincoln who just won 6-0. This is it right here right now as Fat Boy Slim famously said. This is it, we can thrive or whither. My money is on thrive, c’mon Pompey let’s do this