TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The fringe and recovering players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much of a part might our lesser seen in recent times squad players play in our promotion push? I think fresh energy could be important to us as certain players tire. 

Macey- I wouldn't expect to see him unless Norris gets injured or we wrap promotion up early (wouldn't that be lovely?)

Towler- Another who won't appear too often I  imagine. The odd sub appearance to help see a game out at a push. 

Swanson- Will be used as full back cover for the remainder of the season off the bench unless Rafferty gets a knock.

Stevenson- With the Evans and Moxin signings, I'm not sure he makes another match day squad. Especially if Lowery is fit again at any point this season. 

Lowery- Will be on the bench if/when he is fit again.

Scully- Another one I now can't see making another squad. Either start again next season with him or offload him in the summer.

Whyte- I've been burned by promising Gavin Whyte cameos before that lead to nothing (Bolton anyone?) but he impressed me on Tuesday. I don't think he has started his last game this season but will mainly be an impact sub.

Martin- He's basically there to give Lang/Lane/Kamara 10 minutes break at the end of games. That's what he'll continue to do. 

Anjorin- With how carefully Mousinho will have to manage his minutes and the difficulty of our run in making it tricky to give him minutes , I just don't see him being able to do much for us now.
(13-03-2024, 07:55 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]How much of a part might our lesser seen in recent times squad players play in our promotion push? I think fresh energy could be important to us as certain players tire. 

Macey- I wouldn't expect to see him unless Norris gets injured or we wrap promotion up early (wouldn't that be lovely?)

Towler- Another who won't appear too often I  imagine. The odd sub appearance to help see a game out at a push. 

Swanson- Will be used as full back cover for the remainder of the season off the bench unless Rafferty gets a knock.

Stevenson- With the Evans and Moxin signings, I'm not sure he makes another match day squad. Especially if Lowery is fit again at any point this season. 

Lowery- Will be on the bench if/when he is fit again.

Scully- Another one I now can't see making another squad. Either start again next season with him or offload him in the summer.

Whyte- I've been burned by promising Gavin Whyte cameos before that lead to nothing (Bolton anyone?) but he impressed me on Tuesday. I don't think he has started his last game this season but will mainly be an impact sub.

Martin- He's basically there to give Lang/Lane/Kamara 10 minutes break at the end of games. That's what he'll continue to do. 

Anjorin- With how carefully Mousinho will have to manage his minutes and the difficulty of our run in making it tricky to give him minutes , I just don't see him being able to do much for us now.

Agree with most of that but Lowery would go straight back in to the team if fit in my opinion.
I think being able to bring on a bit of experience (such as Whyte) to help youngsters see games out could be handy.
We were very young/inexperienced up front yesterday, although very exciting
Scully injured again.
(13-03-2024, 08:48 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Scully injured again.

He'll be glad to see the end of this season. Shame for him could have been a hero as part of a promotion team
Scully was one of the new signings I was most eager to see, coming with some pretty positive and exciting reviews preseason. Would still like to think there’s a potential future player there. Still, it’s given others a chance.
Its certainly given the younger players a chance to gain experience, and most of them are ours.
And as regards the loans who have been pretty good this season, we have played and improved them so the likes of City should be happy to send us a decent player or two next season.
Even MPH has not ripped up the league but when playing further forward is far from the worst we've had, just playing deep looks like he has to stop and think and there is no time for that.