TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Potentially Posh Peterborough Prattle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got that horrible old feeling I get with Pompey. Fearing a loss but hope I’m wrong.
(15-03-2024, 05:32 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Got that horrible old feeling I get with Pompey. Fearing a loss but hope I’m wrong.

It's hard to make a case for us getting any type of positive result. The bookies agree.

Raggett and Sparkes will get ruined by Mason Clark, Poku etc.

We haven't been scoring away from home.

A loss is very likely.

I hope we can beat Wycombe away in 2 weeks.
It'll be a tough one for sure, but not impossible. Even in the event of a defeat, we've got a few weeks off to allow for some injury recoveries like Lang.

Assuming Sparkes is back and we return to the 4231, I would prefer MPH to start in the 10 role ahead of Saydee. We'll need creativity.
We are due a loss. Only 4 this year which is outstanding. Hopefully it isn't tomorrow.
Don’t understand the negativity..it’s Peterborough ffs,not Real Madrid.The’re a decent enough side but we’re better.With 4000 cheering us on it promises to be a memorable occasion.
Think they will give us a proper game but fear? We are the champions elect, not a chance
(15-03-2024, 07:34 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-03-2024, 05:32 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Got that horrible old feeling I get with Pompey. Fearing a loss but hope I’m wrong.

It's hard to make a case for us getting any type of positive result. The bookies agree.

Raggett and Sparkes will get ruined by Mason Clark, Poku etc.

We haven't been scoring away from home.

A loss is very likely.

I hope we can beat Wycombe away in 2 weeks.

*yawn*
The bookies agree?
We're 2/1 ffs, not exactly hard to make a case for any 2/1 shot winning.
(16-03-2024, 09:25 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]The bookies agree?
We're 2/1 ffs, not exactly hard to make a case for any 2/1 shot winning.

Yes, the bookies agree, Rafferty is crocked, the club is falling apart and we're all doomed.
Have I missed any lies by our resident scummer?
You have to admit he does have inside knowledge the rest of us don't have. Like a couple of weeks ago he knew about Pack's injury when nobody else did. Even Mous and Pack himself didn't know.
(14-03-2024, 09:02 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 08:55 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and they could have been two up before Peterborough scored.

Peterborough are good up front but not too impressive elsewhere, if we play anywhere near our best we will get at least a point imo.

The problem we have is Raggett and Sparkes will be playing against Poku, Mason Clarke, Randall and probably Clarke Harris.

Raggett has played against the best this division has to offer and acquitted himself very well.

They should be worried about US rather than the other way round.

Sparkes isn’t the greatest defender but is good going forward, so hopefully we’ll play on the front foot today.
(16-03-2024, 10:09 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 09:02 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 08:55 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and they could have been two up before Peterborough scored.

Peterborough are good up front but not too impressive elsewhere, if we play anywhere near our best we will get at least a point imo.

The problem we have is Raggett and Sparkes will be playing against Poku, Mason Clarke, Randall and probably Clarke Harris.

Raggett has played against the best this division has to offer and acquitted himself very well.

They should be worried about US rather than the other way round.

Sparkes isn’t the greatest defender but is good going forward, so hopefully we’ll play on the front foot today.
Would be nice to see an assist or two, was superb in that way earlier in the season. Him and Raggett combine to shut some up! Could also see Pack covering Sparks as he did previously, if needed.
Never worried about Raggett he’s more than proved his worth this season. My only worry is if P’boro pressure us down the left as Sparkes is easily our weakest link defensively. If we could have one player back fit for this clash it would be Ogilvie.
As has been noted on here somewhere else - they've lost their 'solid' MF to suspension for the next couple of games on the 10 cards rule, so will have to juggle a bit.
Superb performances from Sparkes and Swanson. Not easy opposition.

In fact, the defence held up well again today. This is what most regard as our second string.
I went absolutely mental when that went in!
(16-03-2024, 05:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Superb performances from Sparkes and Swanson. Not easy opposition.

In fact, the defence held up well again today. This is what most regard as our second string.

Yep. We've got Sparkes who can't defend, Raggett who can't defend and a dodgy goalkeeper. It's an absolute miracle we keep keeping clean sheets. (I make this joke fully accepting that I have been a Sparkes and Raggett doubters at various times).
Psychologically, brilliant for us and tough for Derby. They did their bit and still got no closer.
(16-03-2024, 05:50 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2024, 05:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Superb performances from Sparkes and Swanson. Not easy opposition.

Yep. We've got Sparkes who can't defend, Raggett who can't defend and a dodgy goalkeeper. It's an absolute miracle we keep keeping clean sheets. (I make this joke fully accepting that I have been a Sparkes and Raggett doubters at various times).

If we had a fully fit squad 6 of todays team probably wouldn't have started, fantastic team spirit ground out another great result
Pages: 1 2