TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
10 pts apparently guarantees. not sure how it is 10 my maths makes it 12! Help!
I'm not sure on that maths either. 10 points would guarantee it if one of those points is against Bolton I believe.
Great Result Today! PUP.
Couldn’t give a shit about promotion. You get that anyway, when you finish as champions.
(16-03-2024, 02:25 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop straight back, in spite of the fact that he is failing to deliver. Peterborough will no doubt be happy.

Did you see his work rate Colby that is?
(16-03-2024, 05:03 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with an election that won't go down. It certainly isn't a big problem as I've been reliably informed but it just isn't going down PUP

Sunak's not intending to call it until later in the year. Does that help?
It isn't worth thinking about (hopefully) but that is also at least a playoff place absolutely guaranteed. Some achievement with 7 games to go when we had been a mid table side two seasons running.
(16-03-2024, 05:31 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't worth thinking about (hopefully) but that is also at least a playoff place absolutely guaranteed. Some achievement with 7 games to go when we had been a mid table side two seasons running.

Not quite guaranteed - Stevenage (in 8th) 22 behind but a game in hand. Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening though.
(16-03-2024, 05:21 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure on that maths either. 10 points would guarantee it if one of those points is against Bolton I believe.

Totally lost about the '10 more points guarantees promotion' thing. Both Snooze and Express say it (without mentioning a point against Bolton), but what about Peterborough who could also mathematically reach 95. I'd like to hear otherwise but surely something wrong with the maths.  Whatever, couldn't be happier today!  Big Grin
(16-03-2024, 07:31 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2024, 05:21 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure on that maths either. 10 points would guarantee it if one of those points is against Bolton I believe.

Totally lost about the '10 more points guarantees promotion' thing. Both Snooze and Express say it (without mentioning a point against Bolton), but what about Peterborough who could also mathematically reach 95. I'd like to hear otherwise but surely something wrong with the maths.  Whatever, couldn't be happier today!  Big Grin

A basic maths failure I think. Neil Allen said 10 needed from 6 games but it is actually 13 needed from 7.
(16-03-2024, 05:43 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2024, 05:31 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't worth thinking about (hopefully) but that is also at least a playoff place absolutely guaranteed. Some achievement with 7 games to go when we had been a mid table side two seasons running.

Not quite guaranteed - Stevenage (in 8th) 22 behind but a game in hand. Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening though.

I'm seeing now that apparently the playoffs spot is in fact guaranteed as Stevenage have to play Oxford so there is no way both teams could overtake us.
if teams play each other, it would change the points available to each I guess.
Okay I stand corrected.Pretty sure it's irrelevant. Feel really confident we are finishing Top 2 and almost as confident we will be Champions.
(18-03-2024, 10:10 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I stand corrected.Pretty sure it's irrelevant. Feel really confident we are finishing Top 2 and almost as confident we will be Champions.

Exactly. It is irrelevant statistical wonkery really or at least ot should be.
Pages: 1 2 3