TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Massive win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a result . Bit shaky at times but we got the job done . Great credit to all the players for digging in . Yengi was unplayable second half and the vision from Whyte for the pass deserved credit . Nearly there
(16-03-2024, 05:11 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]What a result . Bit shaky at times but we got the job done . Great credit to all the players for digging in . Yengi was unplayable second half and the vision from Whyte for the pass deserved credit . Nearly there

10 pts will do it
And a bit of time off to allow recovery for some of the injured lads. It couldn't really have gone better today. Just hope the Lane injury (or illness) isn't too serious.
why is it 10 not 12? Am I missing something??
Surely 13 still needed. Bolton will have 95 if they win their 7 left. Not likely but possible.
We'll beat Bolton.
(16-03-2024, 05:11 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]What a result . Bit shaky at times but we got the job done . Great credit to all the players for digging in . Yengi was unplayable second half and the vision from Whyte for the pass deserved credit . Nearly there

Whyte had an excellent game. He made a huge difference when he came on.

Maybe we’re actually going to see the player we were hoping for.
What a 2nd half performance!! Yengi fantastic. Today proved he and Bishop (who was also very good) can play together. Sparkes had his best defensive game for us. Whyte did well coming on as sub as I gather he did on Tuesday and is finally looking like the player we thought we bought. Apart from MPH the whole team were bloody brilliant. 9s all round for me.
anyone know what JM got a yellow for?
That was the one. What a goal and what a win.
(16-03-2024, 05:36 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]anyone know what JM got a yellow for?
Complaining about two decisions.
Swanson I thought stepped up exceptionally well. It was another great cameo from Whyte who must be in with a shout of a start over that congested Easter period.

The answer to the Yengi and Bishop dilemma might just be both. Bishop starting that fantastic counter attack for the goal and Yengi finishing it was soup for the soul.
(16-03-2024, 05:38 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Swanson I thought stepped up exceptionally well. It was another great cameo from Whyte who must be in with a shout of a start over that congested Easter period. 

The answer to the Yengi and Bishop dilemma might just be both. Bishop starting that  fantastic counter attack for the goal and Yengi finishing it was soup for the soul.
Soup for the soul? You are quite the poet.
So, I guess the 4th official heard him and robbed him into the ref's earpiece
What a result ,what an atmosphere..to all the doubters and Titchy ..we are top the league ??
(16-03-2024, 05:39 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2024, 05:38 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Swanson I thought stepped up exceptionally well. It was another great cameo from Whyte who must be in with a shout of a start over that congested Easter period. 

The answer to the Yengi and Bishop dilemma might just be both. Bishop starting that  fantastic counter attack for the goal and Yengi finishing it was soup for the soul.
Soup for the soul? You are quite the poet.

I'm ordering myself a beret as we speak.
That does feel like a season defining win now.
Superb that Bish and Yengi played well together. Take the pressure off Bishop physically when Yengi or Sayde are up there to help him out.
After the game Whyte confirmed what we thought, his family is at home in Northern Ireland, including his kids. That's a hell of a commute. So can't see him here next year.
Keeping a clean sheet is amazing really, with a reserve defence too.
(16-03-2024, 06:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]That does feel like a season defining win now.
Superb that Bish and Yengi played well together. Take the pressure off Bishop physically when Yengi or Sayde are up there to help him out.
After the game Whyte confirmed what we thought, his family is at home in Northern Ireland, including his kids. That's a hell of a commute. So can't see him here next year.

Presumably, Mousinho has agreed some sort of modus operandi with him, to the end of the season, which will mean he's available and with his head in the right place.
(16-03-2024, 06:07 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2024, 06:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]That does feel like a season defining win now.

Presumably, Mousinho has agreed some sort of modus operandi with him, to the end of the season, which will mean he's available and with his head in the right place.

handle it like harry would have done. Would be like a new signing. and save us relying on Martin!

I definitely saw Peterborough goal(s) in this and to keep the league's top scorers quiet is a massive credit to this defence and especially Sean Ragget who was again at the top of his game.

Cardiff, Hull & Oxford are as remote to Northern Ireland as Portsmouth is so I don't get that he'd be homesick. Ok, he'd probably enjoy it a bit more if 5th Avenue was still hoping but the airport at scum has flights to Belfast I think?

It's more likely that he's a member of a really good team and to get a place even on the bench is an achievement.

Incredible performance by the team to grind out a result. That's two of the big games chalked off already with four points to show for it. So hard to appreciate how good this team is when one is consistently expecting everything to go tits up. The great thing is the players really want this as much as we do.
(16-03-2024, 06:24 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Cardiff, Hull & Oxford are as remote to Northern Ireland as Portsmouth is so I don't get that he'd be homesick. Ok, he'd probably enjoy it a bit more if 5th Avenue was still hoping but the airport at scum has flights to Belfast I think?

It's more likely that he's a member of a really good team and to get a place even on the bench is an achievement.

Incredible performance by the team to grind out a result. That's two of the big games chalked off already with four points to show for it. So hard to appreciate how good this team is when one is consistently expecting everything to go tits up. The great thing is the players really want this as much as we do.

Your last point is the key one. The players want it as much as us.
(16-03-2024, 06:24 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I'm not sure it is so much the distance to Northern Ireland as much as it might have been a personal matter. He had an absence for family reasons earlier in the season so maybe something went on that made him want/need more family time.

He definitely looked a long way short of form and confidence back in the autumn especially with that awful cameo against Chesterfield. Something definitely wasn't right. He then had a few better appearances and that great 15 minutes or so against Bolton before not being very good again including that experiment with him at number 10. Then obviously Kamara really made the right wing position his own, the Lang signing, MPH, Lane being excellent left Whyte out of the squad.

He has now though made a couple of lively sub appearances in a row and something seems to have clicked a bit.
brillant result Pompey two points gained as I had this down for a draw well done to all who cheered the team home
Another reason this is a great win is that it had been a very long time since we played another one of the "big 5" in this division. We played Bolton in December, Barnsley in September
Derby in September and Peterborough in September. When we had last played Peterborough, Reagan Poole was in the starting XI which feels a lifetime ago now.

This proves that we can still handle playing the very best teams in this league.
Pages: 1 2