TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No one’ s doing it so I’ll have a go.
Norris - 7 Didn’t really have much to do except for a few crosses. Distribution ok but nothing special iirc
Swanson - 8 Ran his socks off and did incredibly well against a stellar attack, especially since he’d been out for so long. Also got forward pretty well on a couple of occasions.
Raggers - 8 A good solid performance as per usual. 
Shocker - 8 Ditto Rags. Been exceptional the last few games, hardly putting a foot wrong. 
Sparkes - 8 Had a really good game defensively which is what he’s been criticised for. Didn’t get forward so much this game. 
Pack - 9 What a season he’s having. Seems to be all over the pitch and really rallies the troops at times. Has great vision. 
Moxon - 8 Started slowly but really grew into the game. Put in a really good shift.
MPH - 5 Still not convinced, just a couple of good actions but often to me seems to be ambling about. A couple of wild shots too.
Abu - 8 Beat his man almost every time but didn’t really make the most of it. Tracks back pretty well but also a couple of wild shots. 
Bish - 8 Another who worked his socks off. Must love it when Yengi is on to help him. Made some great runs to leave space for others. 
Saydee - 7 Shame about his injury when he’s at last broken into the team. Not an awful lot to report, was doing ok, as usual holding off about three men at a time. He really is an ox. 

Subs. Yengi - 8,5. Started slowly but changed the game with his powerful running and of course with his well taken goal. Not sure about the run with the 20 stepovers but at least he kept the ball! 
Whyte - 8 Great half an hour of course with the assist. Calm on the ball and very quick when he needs to be. Great to have him back in the fold. 

Excellent performance all round against a team who were winning for fun and that with Poole, Morrell, Ogilvie, Robertson, Lowery, Anjorin, Devlin, Stevenson, the new guy who broke his ankle on debut whose name escapes me, all missing plus Lang, Lane and Raffs on this occasion. That alone would make some team.
Lang was 50/50 for Tuesday night but going to be okay for yesterday. In the end, he didn't make the squad. Is his injury more serious than was thought.
Mousinho is playing every card he has available to him at the moment and deception is one of them. Who would have predicted the teams/ formations he's put out in the last couple of games? And what about the Barnsley postponement after saying he didn't want to call it off? It obviously gives us more time to get more players back from injury.
Long may he continue to baffle us - and our promotion rivals.
An incredible first season in management whatever happens. Feels like he's been doing it for years. Very good PR too.
(17-03-2024, 07:51 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]No one’ s doing it so I’ll have a go.
Norris - 7 Didn’t really have much to do except for a few crosses. Distribution ok but nothing special iirc
Swanson - 8 Ran his socks off and did incredibly well against a stellar attack, especially since he’d been out for so long. Also got forward pretty well on a couple of occasions.
Shocker - 8 Ditto Rags. Been exceptional the last few games, hardly putting a foot wrong. 
Sparkes - 8 Had a really good game defensively which is what he’s been criticised for. Didn’t get forward so much this game. 
Pack - 9 What a season he’s having. Seems to be all over the pitch and really rallies the troops at times. Has great vision. 
Moxon - 8 Started slowly but really grew into the game. Put in a really good shift.
MPH - 5 Still not convinced, just a couple of good actions but often to me seems to be ambling about. A couple of wild shots too.
Abu - 8 Beat his man almost every time but didn’t really make the most of it. Tracks back pretty well but also a couple of wild shots. 
Bish - 8 Another who worked his socks off. Must love it when Yengi is on to help him. Made some great runs to leave space for others. 
Saydee - 7 Shame about his injury when he’s at last broken into the team. Not an awful lot to report, was doing ok, as usual holding off about three men at a time. He really is an ox. 

Subs. Yengi - 8,5. Started slowly but changed the game with his powerful running and of course with his well taken goal. Not sure about the run with the 20 stepovers but at least he kept the ball! 
Whyte - 8 Great half an hour of course with the assist. Calm on the ball and very quick when he needs to be. Great to have him back in the fold. 

Excellent performance all round against a team who were winning for fun and that with Poole, Morrell, Ogilvie, Robertson, Lowery, Anjorin, Devlin, Stevenson, the new guy who broke his ankle on debut whose name escapes me, all missing plus Lang, Lane and Raffs on this occasion. That alone would make some team.

I really couldn’t agree more with that. Saved me all that typing.

Cheers DSMG
(17-03-2024, 09:23 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I really couldn’t agree more with that. Saved me all that typing.

Cheers DSMG

Okay, it's been a long season. Time to rotate the squad.

Went to the game and that is a perfect summarisation of every player.

I will add that I find Kamara so frustrating brilliant one minute the way he skips pass player’s, his assist, he tracked back and helped Swanson on numerous times. But then he gets in really good positions and he either misses a simple pass to a team mate or a very poor cross. He seems to give an air off lack of concentration at times. When he was dropped rested recently what ever it was he came back seemingly more determined but in my mind the last couple of games he is back to that inconsistency. If he can sort that out and I accept he is still young and in his first full season he could be a premier league player one day.
If Whyte is now OK, perhaps Kamara can have a break.
Paddy Lane was sent home ill. Raffs said he was capable of playing and was a sub.
Another couple of weeks off now. Hopefully we will see a couple of players back in the fold.
(17-03-2024, 10:13 AM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]

Went to the game and that is a perfect summarisation of every player.

I will add that I find Kamara so frustrating brilliant one minute the way he skips pass player’s, his assist, he tracked back and helped Swanson on numerous times. But then he gets in really good positions and he either misses a simple pass to a team mate or a very poor cross. He seems to give an air off lack of concentration at times. When he was dropped rested recently what ever it was he came back seemingly more determined but in my mind the last couple of games he is back to that inconsistency. If he can sort that out and I accept he is still young and in his first full season he could be a premier league player one day.

Been saying that all season. As a defender, you might as well let him go past you and give him time to fuck it up himself. 

I think he is far more of a threat in a more central position. Put Paddy out on the right; a far better winger.
We need Kamara where he is IMO. Even when he isn't assisting or scoring, that ability to get back and defend is crucial. He stretches full backs to breaking point going forwards and goes up and down the line all day. He could maybe do with a rest though, he's had to play wing back on Tuesday then worked very hard again yesterday. We should have the luxury of being able to rotate a bit soon.
I personally think PL is better on the right, however, why change the current situation when it’s working so well. Also, now that Whyte is hopefully finding form, he can always come on for the left and we can move Lane over to the right. Lovely to have options. My only query is HTF does Martin get on the bench and hopefully if we get Lang, Lowery, Stevenson and Evans back in the next 2 weeks it should ensure Rolf Harris is nowhere near the squad never mind the team.
(17-03-2024, 02:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think PL is better on the right, however, why change the current situation when it’s working so well. Also, now that Whyte is hopefully finding form, he can always come on for the left and we can move Lane over to the right. Lovely to have options. My only query is HTF does Martin get on the bench and hopefully if we get Lang, Lowery, Stevenson and Evans back in the next 2 weeks it should ensure Rolf Harris is nowhere near the squad never mind the team.
Never gets injured. Always available.
Only because he rarely plays
Not to get too far ahead but if things go well and we are able to secure promotion/the title early then the opportunity to start some of these guys and see whonis worth retaining might come up.
Kamara might be frustrating at times, but given the number of games he has played and his age, I think he deserves a bit of slack.
On the other hand, Whyte has often frustrated us, but has a very good habit of providing key assists even when looking uninvolved.
He is a star in the making & we were lucky to keep him in the transfer window. If we go up I'd like to see us try to buy him if Norwich will let him go.
Hear*
(17-03-2024, 05:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]He is a star in the making & we were lucky to keep him in the transfer window. If we go up I'd like to see us try to buy him if Norwich will let him go.

A star in the making, somewhat at our expense. I’d sooner have seen Lane there all season. 

D’Allesandro makes a good point about his defensive contribution. I’ve been really impressed with that of late. In fact, I think he’s more effective in defense than attack.
(17-03-2024, 05:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]He is a star in the making & we were lucky to keep him in the transfer window. If we go up I'd like to see us try to buy him if Norwich will let him go.

So, Plymouth managed to get Bali Mumba, last season’s Abu, from Norwich for a million. They (edit Norwich) seem to be doing ok this season, so maybe? Doubt it, but worth the ask. A decent season in the championship would be a great platform for him.
(17-03-2024, 05:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

A star in the making, somewhat at our expense. I’d sooner have seen Lane there all season. 

D’Allesandro makes a good point about his defensive contribution. I’ve been really impressed with that of late. In fact, I think he’s more effective in defense than attack.

He has also been very effective in attack, 8 assists is not to be sniffed at. He's been crucial this season, yes Lane has had to compromise a bit with the lack of an out and out left sided midfielder most of the season but it has worked. With Whyte struggling to get going, if Kamara had just been some kid who couldn't adapt, we wouldn't be as well placed.
Can’t fault the ultimate contribution he’s made. I would point out that half of that was made during a very small purple patch where everything went right for him.

The lad has talent in abundance but his final ball is so often woeful (a bit like my spelling).