TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cobblers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(24-03-2024, 02:48 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If we don't lose to Derby I think we will be champions.  And even f we lose to them we could still be champions but it would be much harder.

Yes, indeed.  That game is massive for both teams.
First up, though, Wycombe for us away and Blackpool at home for them won't be easy for either.
What has struck me is that these promotion rivals don't seem to be particularly well equipped to deal with their own injury issues or adversity. Derby finally have an injury/absence list to almost match ours and slipped up yesterday. Bolton fans are constantly going on about how Evatt only has a Plan A whick is to boss posession and then brong Cameron Jerome on and nothing else. Peterborough have a manager whose entire plan hinges on getting the ball to the front men and nothing else.

I think having our injury crisis start so early in the season has forced Mousinho to be that bit more adaptable. I feel like Ferguson and Evatt especially would be too proud to set up to counter attack in a tough game away from home.
The fact that we have lost four all season, whereas Derby and Bolton have lost 10 and 9 each says that we are far better and far less likely to have a seriously off day.
I do think our support is helping too. Compare our away fans at Peterborough when we were struggling to control the game and Derby's at Northampton. Or the last minutes against Oxford when we could easily have thrown it away and the team got full on backing to drown out the moaners who we all know exist.
Pages: 1 2 3 4