TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The England shirt thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm assuming it was removed because The Usual Suspects couldn't control themselves.

Grow up FFS or you'll destroy this forum.
Slightest chance for a ‘pitch invasion’ and they’re there!

Why they can’t just get together in a pub and debate it face to face instead of hiding behind a keyboard, I don’t know. There must be countless forums for that sort of material.

It’s notable that a lot of them only started contributing, to any extent, to the football forum when their precious Brexit fest was closed down.
Given there's  no Pompey match this weekend and no one seems to like internaciotional football anymore, the thread brightened up a rather dull week in Pompey Forum land.  Unless there was some last minute abuse dished out which i didn't see, it was all reasonably civil, an honest exchange of opinions. 
Now I don't know if i am considered a 'Usual Suspect' but there a couple of sanctimonious posters on here who think this forum is their exclusive domain.

@cressers. Sorry mate, that's just ruined another thread.
I've found the football side of the forum had been greatly stimulated of late which has been good to see.

Hopefully we'll get the end of the season we all want and get to look forward to Championship football at last. It's been a hell of a journey back.
Gaffer and Tuffers can't help themselves but wreck threads being mongs at each other. Not going to stop unless they learn to stay on topic but we all know they can't.
I did wonder if it was "football relevant" enough, and had doubts if it would survive !!

Now i know.
(23-03-2024, 08:43 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Gaffer and Tuffers can't help themselves but wreck threads being mongs at each other. Not going to stop unless they learn to stay on topic but we all know they can't.

Get over yourself ffs.

If you don’t like some of the comments, ignore them, it really is that simple.

Never thought I’d see the day when a Pompey board got all precious about language.

In any case the exchange between the Marxist Tufnell and myself only extended to a couple of posts and at no point was there any threat of violence or reference to ‘protected’ characteristics. So there was no problem from a legal point of view either  Big Grin 

Get a grip, stop squinnying over the trivial, ignore stuff you don’t like. Simples.

The reason threads get ‘wrecked’ is people like you whining and getting them taken down.

You could do with looking in the mirror.
In other news, the new England shirt is very popular and sales in the first two days have surpassed previous shirt sales figures. Squeaky wheels and all that.

Maybe we should get the on-topic police involved, don’t want any opinions straying off that narrow path. That’ll never do.

Lastly, and certainly leastly, I’m no marxist :o)
(23-03-2024, 07:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Slightest chance for a ‘pitch invasion’ and they’re there!

Why they can’t just get together in a pub and debate it face to face instead of hiding behind a keyboard, I don’t know. There must be countless forums for that sort of material.

It’s notable that a lot of them only started contributing, to any extent, to the football forum when their precious Brexit fest was closed down.

Oh do fook off you precious twat. Don’t know why it was removed. I for one remembered my manners but if we go on previous form, the usual thin skinned clown probably went grizzling to admin as he does when he cannot handle what he hears. In a way he reminds me of you.
(23-03-2024, 08:06 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I've found the football side of the forum had been greatly stimulated of late which has been good to see.

Hopefully we'll get the end of the season we all want and get to look forward to Championship football at last. It's been a hell of a  journey back.

Shut up grass, have you been doing what you cannot help doing again?
(23-03-2024, 10:27 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, the new England shirt is very popular and sales in the first two days have surpassed previous shirt sales figures. Squeaky wheels and all that.

Maybe we should get the on-topic police involved, don’t want any opinions straying off that narrow path. That’ll never do.

Big Grin Marxist would be a bit too macho for you, I had you down as a limp wristed Liberal Big Grin
(23-03-2024, 09:18 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I did wonder if it was "football relevant"  enough, and had doubts if it would survive  !!

Now i know.

Ah! But on topic is now all according to “party” rules! Admin was pushed into a corner by overly sensitive cry babies with fragile egos. Hence the censorship.
(23-03-2024, 10:33 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2024, 08:06 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I've found the football side of the forum had been greatly stimulated of 7 has been good to see.

Hopefully we'll get the end of the season we all want and get to look forward to Championship football at last. It's been a hell of a  journey back.

Shut up grass, have you been doing what you cannot help doing again?

I'm flattered by the attention but I really have so many better things to do. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
(23-03-2024, 10:34 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2024, 10:27 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, the new England shirt is very popular and sales in the first two days have surpassed previous shirt sales figures. Squeaky wheels and all that.

Big Grin Marxist would be a bit too macho for you, I had you down as a limp wristed Liberal Big Grin

No, that's me! I'm a Marxist!

Also, I've been in darkest Cornwall with nothing but a tiny Android device, so I missed the original thread.

I can guess, tho'...
Yeah I'm in Cornwall as well, looks like I missed all the fun at the fair too!
What was so bad that the thread had to be removed?
On that I notice other threads 'disappear' for what I can see is no apparent reason. Gaff has a point that things are becoming over sanitised on here.

Well anyone stupid enough to pay the prices they are asking needs their bumps felt.

I was feeling generous this morning when I called you a Marxist, I think Smirns’ take on it is nearer the mark.  Big Grin
The rules, as defined by admin, are quite clear. If people are too obtuse to understand them then they probably aren’t intelligent enough to make moral decisions.

Roll on the next game.
Well that’s us told.

Thanks dad.
Bloody kids!
We could all try living in Gaza I suppose. That might put a bit of perspective on things.
Personally have always enjoyed the banter on all the forums on here in the past. If it has occasionally descended it more vituperative name calling, it is no worse than what goes on in the pub or workplace. See no need for so much censorship now.
Name calling is never going to actually hurt anyone and I really don’t give a flying one but it does amuse me when rules of any kind are clearly posted and then certain people come crying that they are actually enforced. Talk about dense….
Yeh we used to live with
"sticks and stones....."
Now it seems people are judged far more by what they say than what they actually do, even over a life time.
Repost one joke and that's it
Yes... "Name calling is never going to hurt anyone" and "sticks and stones" will now be a thing of the past in Scotland starting April Fools Day... thanks to the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021. Look it up... it's scary shit.
Coming to England soon no doubt.

BUT... let's not get political... it's a footy forum and as Cuni says... the rules are obvious.. Guess I've just broken them then.. oops.
bring it back to footie.
Name calling to be outlawed?
I guess that is all football grounds closed down in short order.
or adapt all the chants
"We've seen you before... you're a nice person, we've seen you before."
For example
Pages: 1 2